Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What countries have the nicest people?

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Default Re: What countries have the nicest people?

Quote Originally Posted by Babur View Post
    Aw, I don't like to say this and I know I'm more or less vilifying an entire part of the sub-continent, but the average Indian male has the manners and maturity of a 12-year old. Besides, I had far, far worse experiences in the North than in the South.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTREtm View Post
    @Captain Jin

Hopefully you weren't just staying in Copenhagen? They are bad representatives of Denmark, compared to jutes, and going out in Aalborg is just so much closer to how real danes have fun compared to all the snobs from our capital. Also, the best danish girls are from Jutland, hands down!

Well I'm sort of restricted to Copenhagen unfortunately. Went out last night and had a pretty good time. Although it's surprisingly difficult to find lots of people in bars or clubs if it's not a Friday or Saturday night.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Don't listen to him. Copenhagen is a very nice city and half of its populace is from Jutland or the other isles anyway. Where did you go?
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

I don't even know. I think we were down near the center of the city haha. I didn't pay attention to the names of anything we went into.

razor-'s Avatar Decanus

I think Sweden. Very helpful, polite, smiling without seeming unnatural, but it is perhaps cultural bias from my side.

Most countries have nice people in my opinion, it is just a question of where you go. The more "rural" regions always seems nicer to me than the urban ones, compare Alsace to Paris for instance, or London to the Lake District.

www.clan-twilight.com
    #clan-twilight @ qnet

Senator

Indians are pretty nice. I've heard the Bhutanese are really nice, but I haven't been there so I can't comment personally. Italians are friendly, so long as they come from the north.

The biggest surprise for me was Britain. Despite me being British (well, half at least), I always dread going there because I thought people were too moody. Either they've changed in the last 2 years, or I had been mistaken the first time (most likely the latter). Granted, its a small town, so...

BELIEF·DIGNITY·POWER

Rebelyell's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by JJDXB View Post
    Indians are pretty nice. I've heard the Bhutanese are really nice, but I haven't been there so I can't comment personally. Italians are friendly, so long as they come from the north.

The biggest surprise for me was Britain. Despite me being British (well, half at least), I always dread going there because I thought people were too moody. Either they've changed in the last 2 years, or I had been mistaken the first time (most likely the latter). Granted, its a small town, so...
    Nah, you're right. The English anyway. It seems that most of them are either patriotic to the point of insulting anyone from any other country, Football Hooligans, or they're Chavs.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T.E. Lawrence

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Also in every country you have people that crawl in your butt but Asians are probably the worst
    Asians aren't really a country...

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by JJDXB View Post

Its depends where you go in Britain really. People outside of South East England are often considered friendlier.

It can also depend on where you are from. In my experience people from other so-called 'Anglophone' (US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia) countries are treated better then most (Probably because we have more to talk about)
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Comes Domesticorum

I've never heard racism called that before, Azog.

Taxandrius's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
    Surely you can tell the difference between a Texan and a Newfoundlander
    easy, Newfoundlanders bark...

I think Sweden. Very helpful, polite, smiling without seeming unnatural, but it is perhaps cultural bias from my side.
    tbh, I don't felt like Swedes were any different from most other European people, even a bit colder, unless when they are placed in an unnatural environment, such as Swedish tourists, they're awesome

[QUOTE=Taxandrius;9393874]easy, Newfoundlanders bark...

I certainly hope the twang vs the forced "r" sounds and brogue would help give it away as well.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Knight View Post
    most of Turks are friendly and I love them. I've met some Armenians they were good people too (but never been in armenia) also my own people, Pontic Greeks are good too (and no, I'm not nationalist )
    Well, Armenians of Armenia (Eastern Armenians) are different than Western Armenians, so make note of that. Eastern Armenians are a typical post-Soviet people, while the Western Armenians are rather different because it depends from what place they came from.
    [ Under Patronage of Jom ]
    [ "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21 ]

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I've never heard racism called that before, Azog.
    Called what?
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Comes Domesticorum

"(Probably because we have more to talk about)"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
    Surely you can tell the difference between a Texan and a Newfoundlander
    Well, yeah, but because of the Texan. And I'd probably assume that the other one would be another American. Obviously there are various American dialects, but the majority seem to speak a kind of common American English, in which pronunciation varies from person to person, which makes it hard to recognise accents.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

The_Fan's Avatar Biarchus

I would say no one country is friendlier....is that even a word?
    Rather, in my experience it is the smaller towns folk that seem to treat others with more courtesy. Of course there are always exceptions to every rule but generally the large city people tend to have less tolerance for others - especially outsiders....
    Unless you are female, 5-10, blond and have legs up to here..............
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    I expect Levi Roots's Reggae Reggae Sauce to be identified imminently as the root of all this rioting. Never export black culture into the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Well, yeah, but because of the Texan. And I'd probably assume that the other one would be another American. Obviously there are various American dialects, but the majority seem to speak a kind of common American English, in which pronunciation varies from person to person, which makes it hard to recognise accents.
    This is true. Most strong accents only exist in the countryside or historic districts/old money areas of cities.
    -T.E. Lawrence

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

The east coast of the U.S. isn't exactly a hippie commune, but the people are decent even if you have places Baltimore, where the people are depressed and/or shady, and the sun never shines, it's just bright in the sky and they don't know why .
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA

no

NORTH Italians are very nice. Italians from Napoli southwards are just...mean...and loud.
    what he said .grandpa always finds pepol to talk with when we are in Italy ps he is from Italy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast