Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What countries have the nicest people?

Rebelyell's Avatar Biarchus

Default What countries have the nicest people?

While there are both friendly and rude people everywhere you go, what countries seem to have the friendliest people. I'd say Canadians, Icelandic or the Swiss. The French are also seem MUCH nicer then they are given credit for. With the Dutch and Germans, it seems to be one extreme or the other.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T.E. Lawrence

Default Re: What countries have the nicest people?

I know that the Italians are very nice, and apparently, if you so much as try to speak Russian, the Russians will bend over backward for you, but that's just what I hear at uni. Also, if you're coming to America, New Yorkers are impossible, but some of the old Southerners still believe in southern hospitality.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
    I know that the Italians are very nice, and apparently, if you so much as try to speak Russian, the Russians will bend over backward for you, but that's just what I hear at uni. Also, if you're coming to America, New Yorkers are impossible, but some of the old Southerners still believe in southern hospitality.
    That last bit is definitely true
    I'm a southerner and old school chivalry still exists in most of the small towns around here.
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."
    -T.E. Lawrence

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
    I know that the Italians are very nice
    HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA

no

NORTH Italians are very nice. Italians from Napoli southwards are just...mean...and loud.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

I have found Turks to be very friendly, and its one of the reasons its my favorite holiday destination. I'm going back there for a third time this year and really looking forward to it. Great food, great beaches, lots of history and great people.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Comes Domesticorum

New Yorkers are friendly, the idea that they're not is mostly a myth created by people from inferior cities who believe their backward ways are still worth something.

Anyway, Canadians are certainly not friendly, they're just polite.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Turks were nice to me. Almost too nice. After arriving there from China, I assumed they wanted to sell me something when they said they hoped I enjoyed my time in Turkey, but no, they were just being nice.

Stav, how'd you find Australians in general? I've heard good things from fellow travellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    New Yorkers are friendly, the idea that they're not is mostly a myth created by people from inferior cities who believe their backward ways are still worth something.

Anyway, Canadians are certainly not friendly, they're just polite.
    Errrrrmmmmmm......what backwards way are you referring to? I do partially agree with you though, most New Yorkers are nicer then given credit for. They just seem to be incredibly impatient and busy, even when on vacation.
    -T.E. Lawrence

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    Turks were nice to me. Almost too nice. After arriving there from China, I assumed they wanted to sell me something when they said they hoped I enjoyed my time in Turkey, but no, they were just being nice.

Stav, how'd you find Australians in general? I've heard good things from fellow travellers.
    Me and my family have only the nicest things to say about Australians, we always tell everyone that Australians are good, nice people. I don't think we've been around such good people before or after.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
    Errrrrmmmmmm......what backwards way are you referring to? I do partially agree with you though, most New Yorkers are nicer then given credit for. They just seem to be incredibly impatient and busy, even when on vacation.
    Aye, that's true.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Welsh people. Educated English people. Californians. Turks.

Amonst the worst i have met are Bavarians, Dutch, and Saudis.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    Amonst the worst i have met are Bavarians
    So, so true. Everyone knows the good Germans are up in the North

Dutch
    But...but...they have legal weed
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Yeah I didn't find the Dutch to be too friendly either.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

wowbanger's Avatar Decanus

I am going to have to suggest the Irish, they are always friendly and are nearly always happy to chat away with you. People in Rome were also nice.

As for unfriendly people, I didn't get on great with the Germans in Berlin, some were grand but others were definately less so.

"Some writers never know what's to be written until they see it on the page...." Some words of wisdom from my good friend, Mega Tortas de Bodemloze

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    Yeah I didn't find the Dutch to be too friendly either.
    The Dutch are a brand apart. Their lowd and arrogant but they are honest about it and naturally endure others to be lowd and arrogant in return. Its really a quite humourus and good honest people once your part of the club and understand thats just how they naturally are and don't necessarily mean bad.

All the lowd mouthed honesty on their lips that can come across as rude etc, also makes conversations much more interesting imo. You just need to learn how to look around it. Germans(except Berliners who are just like the Dutch in that regard)on the other hand are much more polite, speak in a friendly tone etc, but I know most of that is just an act. Bores me and I dont trust people like that...

Sounds weird but any foreighner who lived there for some time will reckon.
    Last edited by Thorn777; April 06, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    Bavarians
    But Heinz, remember that the Fuhrer loved Bavaria though
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

what do you mean what country has the nicest people?
    Isn't really much of a real question i mean to different people, being nice can mean different things. I suppose smaller communities would be places with generally nicer people. And thats what i've experienced.

Let's see... in my experience Thailand and China have had the kindest people all around. There's something about that asian hospitality even though I got in a fight in Thailand... In Europe... well different experience altogether. I hate Italians fiercely. At least the ones traveling abroad. I've never seen a louder, more irritating and rude group of people that packs of Italians on vacation. In Prague most of the people there told me Italians were the most hated tourists followed by Russians. When I was in Italy most people in Rome were nice and I think what I gathered was that it was mostly the younger generation of Italians that were irritating.

The English are hit and miss. I tend to have the best run ins with them when out drinking. I've frequently got along with them overseas, but every now and again you run into the annoying packs of guys on a stag party and they can be quite annoying. Currently in Denmark and the Danes seem like some well behaved individuals. I love that you can drink in public. The Czechs were pretty good people and watching two Czech guys in a fight was also hilarious. The Greeks in Athens I paid no attention to but the ones in Corfu were ultra relaxed and very mellow which I liked. Uhhh, let's see. I've had great run ins with the French outside of France including a girl that gave me a handjob in a club in Ukraine. Haha, she was French. In fact I've had four run ins with the French, three were positive and one almost escalated to something worse because we were in a bar in Prague and they were being loud and a girl with us asked them to quiet down a little and one of them said oh you are American, but how can that be you're not all fat. Then I felt like saying let's go outside and see if you're a cowardly pussy and we can put all this stereotyping to the test, but didn't feel like being the ugly American. Besides that no issues. Turkmen people are pretty nice and Russians are hit and miss. And the women in Ukraine are very nice. Also everyone I met in Turkey was very nice. I also like Germans, but most Bavarians seem like pricks.
    Last edited by Captain Jin; April 10, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

French girls are the best. In the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    French girls are the best. In the world.
    Yeah dude. Smart girl going to school to be a doctor and stuff. But not to be trusted since she did that with me after meeting me like two hours earlier and she had a boyfriend.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Yeah dude. Smart girl going to school to be a doctor and stuff. But not to be trusted since she did that with me after meeting me like two hours earlier and she had a boyfriend.
    Hey man that's a plus too!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast