Thread: Graphics

Default Graphics

Is it just me or does the graphics from ETW look better than this? I have not been playing it long but I am not happy with the way the battle look. It seems like the draw distance is very very short. The grass detail is also not that great. It looks like MTW2 grass.

Just my 2 cents.

Libertus

Default Re: Graphics

In my opinion, M2TW looks much better.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tianlongprc View Post
    Is it just me or does the graphics from ETW look better than this? I have not been playing it long but I am not happy with the way the battle look. It seems like the draw distance is very very short. The grass detail is also not that great. It looks like MTW2 grass.

Just my 2 cents.
    Shogun 2 textures and faces look much, much more natural than ETW, and the M2TW grass was much better than ETW grass.

Also if you've noticed, units in this game now have facial expressions.

I played a little more, and I take back my comments before. While I was not able to see the facial expressions, the graphics are pretty good. I can only wait for the dx11 then I will comment back.

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

M2 has better sprites, Shogun has awesome unit detail and trees, omg those trees look so real. Empire...graphically sucked, maybe it had to do with the little amount of detail needed in an 18th century uniform.

I read a theory by a poster that CA has two teams. One works on the next release while the other is working on the recent release and then works on the release after next.

I have no idea if that is true or not, but as a theory it stacks up for me. S2TW's files are filled with redundant code and files left over from Empire - but I'm yet to find a trace of Napoleon. Napoleon's graphics were (in my opinion) sublime both in sprites, tree's and unit detail. They were also a lot less resource hungry. S2TW's graphics aren't any better than NTW's, have far worse sprites and terrible terrain (like grass) at any distance - like Empire.

In a way I hope the theory is correct. That'll make the next TW as good as the fanboys insist this one is.

The over head looks like crap, but the unit models looks so much better than any other game, to bad the grass looks like crap to.