Thread: FATW on Facebook

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Default FATW on Facebook

Has the FATW team ever considered setting up a Facebook group to help promote the mod? Considering how popular the website is and with DoM hopefully out this year, might be good for attracting a lot of new people into downloading the mod.

I'd happily take on the responsibility of managing such a group if this was considered, since I know you guys need to work on developing the mod itself.

Default Re: FATW on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5325986945 I'm not sure though if this group is "officially" supported by the Fourth Age team.
    Last edited by Elphir of Dol Amroth; April 05, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

It's a very out of date group (It's advertising version 2.0) and the spelling is rather suspect, but I like how descriptive it is. Think an official FATW page would not go amiss, get a lopt of awareness raised that way.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

It's even spelled wrong!
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

The creator of the page is a former fatw member, but the page is not official.

I can only speak for myself, but I dislike facebook and those type of social networking sites intensely, so advertising through it wouldn't be my #1 choice. I understand FB is very popular , but it would be weird for us to set an official profile on a medium that we don't like/use.

Now, if fans who like FB and have experience with it want to create a "FATW" fan-page, that's perfectly ok from my part, as long as it's clearly marked as one and the information provided is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I dislike facebook and those type of social networking sites intensely, so advertising through it wouldn't be my #1 choice. I understand FB is very popular , but it would be weird for us to set an official profile on a medium that we don't like/use.
    "My name is Legion, for we are many!"

Well, I have some insight into the views of other team members. Plus, the team's "PR" (as in, answering public questions, posting about new stuff etc) is mainly done by me and Eorl, so I can safely say half of the fatw PR team hates Facebook.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Plus, the team's "PR" (as in, answering public questions, posting about new stuff etc) is mainly done by me and Eorl, so I can safely say half of the fatw PR team hates Facebook.
    Facebook and social networks are a no-no for me, too, so make this 100% of the FATW PR team.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Ah well, it was an idea