Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Help with faction colour change

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Little Help with faction colour change

Hi, I read through the tutorial regarding faction colour change and attempted it myself. However, I couldn't get it to work in-game.

I wanted to change Hojo's colour scheme and these are the colours I used: (in R G B)

Armour: 180 163 120
    Cloth: 24 16 72
    Laces: 214 166 102

I have retired thrice already and somehow I just can't get the colour change to take effect
    Can anyone help me with this?
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Little Help with faction colour change

I'll create a mod for you with those values for Hojo applied, but you'll have to wait a few hours since I have something to do first. So if nobody else beat me to it, you'll get it then.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Nif87's Avatar Libertus

Which tutorial do you speak of?

OK, I'm finished with the mod. It's quicker to make one than explaining how to do it. If the given RGB values are correct and my interpretation of them also - which gives a beige-dark blue-light orange combination - the result is this (with the less glossy units mod)...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hope you like your new Hojo. Drop the extracted version of the below in your data folder to see them on your own comp.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 05, 2011 at 11:57 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    OK, I'm finished with the mod. It's quicker to make one than explaining how to do it. If the given RGB values are correct and my interpretation of them also - which gives a beige-dark blue-light orange combination - the result is this (with the less glossy units mod)...

Hope you like your new Hojo. Drop the extracted version of the below in your data folder to see them on your own comp.
    you are cool

can you make for me a new color for shimazu? you would make my day I like the black color so can you make them all black in black and I dont mind the flags to be green..plz plz plz plz!

can anyone make for me a new color for shimazu? you would make my day I like the black color so can anyone make them all black in black and I dont mind the flags to be green..plz plz plz plz!

I already have the Shimazu looking like this...

Which is far better than vanilla, IMO. But I'm working on a slight change in the green. And then I have a different version with black armor, green details on the armor and light gray clothing. Looking pretty much like this...

But this is also under slight revision. In fact, all playable clans except the Hattori (for which I lack info about their appearance) are under revision on my comp. I plan to release the changes when I think they're ready to go. It's difficult and slow work getting the colour tones, out of 1.6 million available, looking OK together, especially when you're restricted to the way the game applies them on the uniform, which is often different from the manner seen on the sources (the accuracy of which is also uncertain). The Oda clan, for instance, is a real headache.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 05, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

I already have the Shimazu looking like this...

Which is far better than vanilla, IMO. But I'm working on a slight change in the green. And then I have a different version with black armor, green details on the armor and light gray clothing. Looking pretty much like this...

But this is also under slight revision. In fact, all playable clans except the Hattori (for which I lack info about their appearance) are under revision on my comp. I plan to release the changes when I think they're ready to go. It's difficult and slow work getting the colour tones, out of 1.6 million available, looking OK together, especially when you're restricted to the way the game applies them on the uniform, which is often different from the manner seen on the sources (the accuracy of which is also uncertain). The Oda clan, for instance, is a real headache.

sure sure I would love one of these two can you upload one of them?

You're in a hurry, aren't you? Alright, here's one of them, the latest of the latter version. Haven't tested in game yet, though. I've just tweaked it in a certain direction from the old one. If you can help (sharing the work and) post a pic of it for others to see and judge (by uploading the image to a site like www.imageshack.us, for example, and then post one of the given links to it) here that would be great.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 05, 2011 at 06:04 PM.

You're in a hurry, aren't you? Alright, here's one of them, the latest of the latter version. Haven't tested in game yet, though. I've just tweaked it in a certain direction from the old one. If you can help (sharing the work and) post a pic of it for others to see and judge (by uploading the image to a site like www.imageshack.us, for example, and then post one of the given links to it) here that would be great.

thanx,thanx,thanx

sure

am in school now and I am using the univ computer I am going to go home and test it then upload a pic o it

sorry I couldnt do it

I dont know how to capture the screen :S I tried to press "print screen" botton but it didnt work.

it took pic of the desktop instead :S

Holy cows, THANKS ALOT DEMOKRITOS! Here's a +rep to you for it

Oh by the way, may I make one last request?

Same for hojo, but this time, the cloth and laces colour are the same as Imagawa's.

But keep the armour colour as it is.

So, for Hojo

Armour: Same as above
    Cloth: Imagawa
    Laces: Imagawa

This is the last request. Thank you so much again Demokritos you made my day! Especially when all the failed attempts were really getting to me.

It'd be great if you can make out the last request. If not, it's fine, thanks again! Have fun with shogun

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    sorry I couldnt do it

I dont know how to capture the screen :S I tried to press "print screen" botton but it didnt work.

it took pic of the desktop instead :S
    Download a free program for capturing screenshots, videos and frame rates called Fraps. It will collect all your screenshots in one folder, too (otherwise they may be distributed in as many different game or application folders as you take pictures from).

@Kelvin - I was afraid you'd come up with another request after looking at the result. I find time after time that my own ideas for colour combinations do not come out as expected in game. Seems that the game engine makes everything darker than it should be, for one thing. Anyway, I'll grant you that one last request before you figure out how to do it yourself. Should I include one of my Shimazu recolourings in that mod? Because I think you can have only one of this type of mods working at the same time in the game. If you put two or more different ones in the data folder, I suspect one of them will override the others and make them redundant - or it may cause functional problems for the whole game. So putting this Hojo mod of yours into the data folder should mean that you cannot use Zane's Clan Colour Mod, for example, simultaneously.

Download a free program for capturing screenshots, videos and frame rates called Fraps. It will collect all your screenshots in one folder, too (otherwise they may be distributed in as many different game or application folders as you take pictures from).

@Kelvin - I was afraid you'd come up with another request after looking at the result. I find time after time that my own ideas for colour combinations do not come out as expected in game. Seems that the game engine makes everything darker than it should be, for one thing. Anyway, I'll grant you that one last request before you figure out how to do it yourself. Should I include one of my Shimazu recolourings in that mod? Because I think you can have only one of this type of mods working at the same time in the game. If you put two or more different ones in the data folder, I suspect one of them will override the others and make them redundant - or it may cause functional problems for the whole game. So putting this Hojo mod of yours into the data folder should mean that you cannot use Zane's Clan Colour Mod, for example, simultaneously.
    Yeah I know about that, thanks for the heads up Sorry for the trouble Demo! And thanks again!

sure I will give it a try ...again thaaaaaaaanx

OK, folks, Kelvin's new Hojo mod is ready, and the Shimazu which Stephanie got is included. Enjoy!

Maybe Kelvin can upload a pic of his new clan for others to see here (I did not test this one)...

PS. For my own mod, I'm finished with recolouring three of the ten playable clans to my satisfaction. Won't work on the Hattori until given some new ideas for them from somewhere, but I still have six more to go...
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 06, 2011 at 02:30 PM.

thanx thanx DemoKritos hehe

here is a pic of shimazu new color edited by DemoKritos it looks just amazing thanks

I'm glad you liked them, Steph. Compared to the first version with black armor shown in post #7 above, they've got a somewhat darker hue of green for the details on the armor. I like them better that way. Thanks for posting a pic of them here.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 11, 2011 at 02:55 AM.

I'm glad you liked them, Steph. Compared to the first version with black armor shown above, they've got a somewhat darker hue of green for the details on the armor. I like them better that way. Thanks for posting a pic of them here.

Of course I liked it I used to dislike shimazu but now "thanx to u" I love it now and no problem at all

Hell, that's some sweet stuff Demo! Hey if you ever happen to complete your all 10 factions, be sure to upload it so we can all have a taste of it's awesomeness Thanks again mate!

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast