Thread: Adding a colour for each faction?

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Adding a colour for each faction?

Edit: first posted something here that belonged to a different forum, and in the right one I discovered that my Q has already been answered. So I'll change the Q.

In Shogun 2, all clans are given three colours for the uniforms: one for the armor, one for the cloth, and one for the details on the armor. This makes the units less varied, interesting and historically accurate than they could have been. I would have liked five separate colour areas: shirt, pants, armor, details on the armor and a separate one also for the large spots on the helmet and chest for the ashigarus where the clan symbol ought to have been painted. Do you guys think it's possible to rewrite the scripts so that the colours are distributed in this other way? Or is this only possible through retexturing the unit types in a manner that blocks the vanilla colours from being applied the normal way?

I'm asking this because I'm hex editing the clan colours to my liking right now and the appearance of the Oda clan in particular would very much have benefitted from having five different colours, the fifth as a contrast for the mon on their uniforms.
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 06, 2011 at 03:53 AM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place