Thought that it would be absurd for me to request some of these changes before but after seeing hedgeknight's new mod and the improvements of darthmod and the other overhauls.. it may not be absurd after all.
Here are some stuff that i think could improve the gameplay for shogun 2:
- CAI should lay siege on towns more, compared to vanilla, especially if it doesnt have a huge advantage over the defenders. This would force more field battles since we all know how hard siege BAI fails.
- CAI for major clans should be changed so that they prioritize the bushido/chi arts that are relevant to their clan bonuses. Mori should prioritize navy arts, chosokabe archery etc.
- Improve clan bonuses enough to actually be noticeable.
- Not sure how autoresolve currently works. Is there any randomness integrated at all in the calculations? If not, then there should be. This way, inferior armies will have a chance to win albeit not a huge percentage of the time. This randomness would simulate the tactics used in battle(oda vs imagawa at okehazama).
Again, i dont know how the calculations work but for example.. an army led by a 5 star general would have a 10% chance of adding some sort of bonus for his army just enough to turn the tide of battle.
- This would be asking too much since i havent seen any mods altering BAI so far.. but it would be nice if the AI would know when to retreat in battle. I remember the AI of the original shogun knew how to withdraw when it knew it was losing.
It just sucks that almost every battle becomes a battle to the death and AI generals end up dying almost every time after just one battle. That isnt realistic at all.
- Tweak the Rice Exchange and Merchant guild. Remove the food consumption. Make it so that the growth bonus stays the same and only gives more base wealth. So the rice exchange could now give between 600-800 wealth but still gives the same +5 wealth per turn bonus as the market does.
Make strongholds consume 2 food, fortresses consume 4 food and castles 5 food. This means that every town could end up with a fortress upgrade and a merchant guild without any penalty to global food supply(with full farm upgrade).
But castles with merchant guilds would result to a -1 to food supply.