Thread: Help A Noob use a mod?

Default Help A Noob use a mod?

I am really new to computer games and I want to install Yaris' (spelling?) Realm Divide mod. Sure you could tell me "Unzip the archive and drop the pack file into your ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory. The pack is a movie files and does not need to be enabled. To deinstall just delete the pack file."
    But that is Chinese.... Japanese to me
    Can someone tell me in computertard language how its done?

Default Re: Help A Noob use a mod?

What exactly are you having trouble with?

What you need to do is download the file, extract it (using a program such as winrar) to the right folder (which in this case is the data folder, and from what you posted the way to get there is already shown), and you're done.

oops wrong thread

LiquidSantanero's Avatar Miles
    Aruba, (in the Caribean, not Middle-East)

Hi there, I'm a noob myself when it comes to the last few TW games. I would like to do some tweaking of some of the files, but have absolutely no clue on how it is done. S2TW doesn't have the simplicity that RTW and M2TW had and I'm pretty sure I need some kind of pack extractor tool to open the files, if that was even possible. Any advice on how to get to files txt or other, would be much appreciated. Thanks

My advice would be to look at the cheat (all clan traits) thread. That one has details for editing scripting for bonuses and rewards, and I also give a pretty detailed explanation on using the ESF editor. Of course, this is really only useful depending on what you are trying to edit.