Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misc. discussions

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Off-topic, rants, etc.

Exactly. I'm the only one who has taken proper preventative measures against angry fans.
    Oh and, you're not too far from Hross. He lives in Sweden somewhere, I think.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

i live in the wrong section of norway for that But i got no plans to attack him

Default Re: What faction are you looking forward to playing most?

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    the Byz is looking really sexy! It's a big faction with a very nice placement of regions here and there, just in enough danger to be exciting and nicely placed as a foothold in different theatres of conflict. The cities are all pretty well-equipped and the tech tree is very unique and very atmospheric, all round a pretty fun faction actually. I think it's size will be its strength and its weakness though- but I suppose thats the way it should be.
    Good to know!! O yaaa!!!
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisowen View Post
    Not if I can help it!
    Ah! Roman scum! They must be destroyed!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDebate View Post
    Ah! Roman scum! They must be destroyed!
    OMG

all those romo-phobes

Wut do you got against rome??

Liek some guy said, they just need a hug

ROME FTW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Exactly. I'm the only one who has taken proper preventative measures against angry fans.
    Oh and, you're not too far from Hross. He lives in Sweden somewhere, I think.
    We will look for a house with cool art work and "I mod, therefore I am" emblazoned on the door.
    Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by lolzillaXD!!! View Post
    OMG

all those romo-phobes

Wut do you got against rome??

Liek some guy said, they just need a hug

ROME FTW!!!!

I shall never forget the injustices done against poor little Thrace back in the days of Rome Total: Realism!

On a serious note, I'm actually looking forward to destroying the Papacy as the Roman Empire.
    Last edited by NoDebate; April 06, 2011 at 11:09 AM.

Default Re: Misc. discussions

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    Hey, just a random idea while I poke my head out of a military history book. In most mods, it's possible for kingdoms to progressively move through Northern Africa and conquer these areas eventually. Personally I think most would die as they attempted to take a force through there due to lack of water and supplies. I don't know what kind of supply trains you intend or have featured, but that area should be tough. Sorry for the non sequitur.
    Huge Caravans and on a few occasions armies crossed the Sahara but attrition due to the conditions should be an issue, which I believe can be done with temporary traits. Perhaps we could make this somewhat dependent on control of the PSFs which represent the the oasis resupply points. We've limited movement across the Sahara to the multiple crisscrossing historical trade routes which were determined by the shortest distances between water resupply points. This also allows PSFs to be choke points. Historically control of these oases allowed local rulers to tax or block caravans. I also think generals from ethnicities whose lifestyle was adapted to the desert conditions (like Sanhaja Berbers for example) should have the potential to have traits which minimize these disadvantages. Though implementation of these ideas is dependent on us getting more trait coders on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDebate View Post
    On a serious note, I'm actually looking forward to destroying the Papacy as the Roman Empire.
    Meh tooo!!!!!

Its sooooo awesome that be it in SS or vanilla when you get to capture it and it says ROMAN City. not papal states or some crap.

onnomnom

This mod is looking to be so amazing!!!

Rock On, and Keep Up the Good Work

hello,

So far most of what i have seen (unit wise) has been early era. While early era troops are all great looking my preferred time period is around 1400/1500; where plate armor is more common place and the first guns start to be fielded. My question is have you got any late era units you could posts some pictures up of? would love to see some Halberders or Swiss Pikemen!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    hello,

So far most of what i have seen (unit wise) has been early era. While early era troops are all great looking my preferred time period is around 1400/1500; where plate armor is more common place and the first guns start to be fielded. My question is have you got any late era units you could posts some pictures up of? would love to see some Halberders or Swiss Pikemen!

Thanks
    What about previewed Hussites? They're 1420+ in reality. :-)

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    What about previewed Hussites? They're 1420+ in reality. :-)
    Ahhh they do look great, but no plate armor!

Quote Originally Posted by BarSteward View Post
    Ahhh they do look great, but no plate armor!
    I've been really busy with RL lately, but I have been working on that. Maybe late August or sometime in September I'll have something to show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    I've been really busy with RL lately, but I have been working on that. Maybe late August or sometime in September I'll have something to show.
    I didn't mean to hassle you, real life is obviously more important than a mod. Will look forward to it

isn't the game planned to end on 1453? I doubt we'll see gothic armor at that date...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12