Thread: How can I edit the unit stats in Shogun 2 ?

Default How can I edit the unit stats in Shogun 2 ?

I would like to know how I can edit the unit stats because i want to change a few things like matchlock ashigaru.Althought in real life matchlock ashigaru's fire range are so much longer than achers but in game thier range are very short contrast with thier high price. Since they are more higher price and more time recruitment than achers, I think they should have something better such as longer range et al .Is changing the stats even possible?If so how do you do it? please kindly let me know.

Default Re: How can I edit the unit stats in Shogun 2 ?

I want this as well, any ideas?

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Try the mod trom3 it makes the matchlockmen have more range +50 well bow ashigarus have -25 range. I haven't gotten to recruit them yet so cost is unknown.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Dude, use any of the mods!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Well Lordbaal19 i want to mod it myself as i kind of dislike how they are built up :/

Trom was good but had some things i felt ruined it for me.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Ummm.. well go to the mod tools section and start by downloading the PFM, it's a nice tool and it will let you mod some basic stuff. If you are starting I'll recomend you to download a simple mod and try to tweak it, try it to see how the changes are implemented and then keep doing it until you are happy. If yo go far enough there will be a moment where you will start using more advance stuff like the ESF or the converter. Good luck bro.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Moved to the Mod Workshop.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Have a look in this section: Tools, tutorials and resources

I made a mod that only changes matchlock units, maybe that's something for you?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=455567

You just need to download that file and put it in the data folder inside of your shogun 2 folder.

Is it possible to add honour or loyalty using the ESF Editor?

For some reason, I have a feeling that one of the arrays (CHARACTER_ARRAY or ARMY_ARRAY) contain it. Please help?

Does Anyone Know How to change range for a specific unit