Playing on PC with :

3.0GHz Dual Core CPU
GT220
2GB Ram
Windows XP Sp 3

+ Xbox 360 Controller for the PC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plot(without giving away spoilers) :

You start off as a soldier in the Marine Corps, Alcatraz, sent to New York, a city plagued by a strange disease that melts human tissue. Something bad happens and Prophet from the original game finds you and gives you his suit, the 2.0 version of the one that Nomad and Psycho used. You need to find Gould, a conspiracy developing wannabe professional scientist that will help you analyse better the alien tissue spread around New York city. Since no one knew that Prophet was replaced by Alcatraz, CELL operatives are still hunting you down. In short : You're fighting both aliens AND human soldiers at the same time.

Presentation(played on high graphic settings) :

The graphics are GORGEOUS. From the water dripping down your screen/helmet to explosions and gunfire whizzing past you, the game is simply one of the best looking games on the PC period. Sound can be slightly off, and gun sounds can be slightly better imo, but you won't really notice with the fast pace of the game. Music is quite good, but not awesome.
The interface is quite nice as well, with the ammo count and suit energy and such being shown as if they're part of the helmet's interface. This can be slightly annoying for some players though, but it didn't really effect me.

Gameplay :

This is the biggest part of the game that didn't impress me. The suit is much weaker than in the first game. You press RB for cloak and LB for power(strength) mode and the up d-pad button for a "tactical vision binocular mode). That's it. The "Speed" mode of the first game is now just a sprint button, and Alcatraz actually is much slower than Nomad due to this. Weapon customisation is still present but there are much less features to it. No more flashlight, no more "collecting" customised parts. Just because you have a silencer for the SCARAB for example doesn't mean you can put a silencer on a SCAR. There is a new suit enhancement mode, which I didn't really like. You gain Alien nano-things, you can upgrade your suit with features such as predicted bullet paths, faster ledge grabbing etc. The suit also allows for tactical options via the tactical mode/binocular vision. The suit automatically says "Tactical options available" when you're in for a big gunfight, giving you options such as "Avoid", "Stealth", "Snipe", "Ledge Grab" etc to defeat or go past your enemies. It's a neat little option that gives you options going into battles. Apart from that, nothing is really new. You can grab ledges when you power-jump, giving you more free-roam possibilities, but it's not Assassins Creed like either.

Single player campaign :

My opinion, not much to say. Yes, some brand new features are there but it got boring after a while. I only got to half the game I suppose, but it's not really as gripping and intense as the first game was.
People who finished the game might have different opinions of course.
It's fine to say that whoever didn't play Crysis isn't loosing any plot piece if they play Crysis 2 immediately though. The story can be a bit overwhelming with "Who's who" and all that.

Multiplayer :

I've only played a little bit multi, and it's not that bad. It's a small scale(12 player I think) multiplayer with the features of Crysis that aren't really featured in other games(cloaking and such). There are unlockables as you rank up, and medals and awards. Hardcore Crysis fans love it, casual FPS gamers(like meself) might need a bit of learning to really experience it though

Verdict :

Here are my points -

Plot : 6/10 - Not really that emotional and addictive. Most of the time you'll be wondering who is who and what is what. Decent, but not great.

Presentation : 9/10 - I could almost say flawless, I've yet to see a more beautiful pc game in terms of graphics. Sound and Music are ok, but could be better.

Gameplay : 7.5/10 - Would have been better if they stuck with the options of Crysis 1. Suit features are neat and streamlined, some good new features, some useless ones, and some that could have been implemented.

SP campaign : 5/10 - Not what I expected. Lost interest after a couple of hours in. Not as interesting as the first game.

MP : 7/10 - Promising. Hard to get the hang of it but once you do, you'll love it. Lots of hackers though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL VERDICT : 34.5/50 -> 7/10

Remember that this is only my opinion. Please share yours below