Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: sands of conquest( Dynasties & dominions of the desert~)updated 05/12/2011 VIDEO@!

Default Re: sands of conquest( Dynasties & dominions of the desert~)updated 05/12/2011 VIDEO@!

my next big task with this mod is I am going to create new buildings where you can recruit agents
    no longer recruit spies, assassins from brothels & up but from these new buildings
    which may be faction specific
    what I am thinking of doing is giving one faction diplomats, merchants but not assassins & spies & vice-versa for another faction?

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: sands of conquest( Dynasties & dominions of the desert~)updated 05/12/2011 VIDEO@!

Interesting, so a faction's strength will not only have unit composition but also agents? Do not limit the merchant to very few factions cuz that faction will have a higher advantage since the merchants will have the monopole of resources. Create an academy or something similar for the spies or assassins, more logical than being recruited in brothels.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    Interesting, so a faction's strength will not only have unit composition but also agents? Do not limit the merchant to very few factions cuz that faction will have a higher advantage since the merchants will have the monopole of resources. Create an academy or something similar for the spies or assassins, more logical than being recruited in brothels.
    actually I was thinking exactly the same two things

now all spies & assassins must be recruited
    through

military lounge =spy
    military academy =spy & assassin
    officers academy =spy & assassin

now brothels, inns, taverns & so on only give happiness bonus (I may also have them give a trade bonus as well
    which is actually very realistic)

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post
    now all spies & assassins must be recruited
    through

military lounge =spy
    military academy =spy & assassin
    officers academy =spy & assassin

now brothels, inns, taverns & so on only give happiness bonus (I may also have them give a trade bonus as well
    which is actually very realistic)
    Tavern
    + Increase Happiness (obvious)
    + Income (slightly, tourists and any others spend money there)
    + Population Growth (slightly, in highest tier levels, since people like these "pleasures" in that city, so why not establish there )
    -Public Order (corruption, criminal wandering around, stealing, drinking, etc.)

That's an humble suggestion but this is what I will do for WotW.

I have already included ten new buildings for all factions (dynasties)
    but I will include 1for all (so ten more) that is for only that faction which has unique abilities in what it recruits and the effects it has (giving each faction(Dynasty) more specialization) I`ve done two of these buildings
    for the "Sultanate of Ari"
    "espionage academy" which increase public order & you can recruit superior spies & assassins
    & number two for "Dea Depan"
    "elephant glen" increases public happiness & you can recruit superior elephants

three more of those faction specific buildings

for Gaja Gun
    Shelabi
    Jaya Jahar

final five factions (Dynasties)
    actually it only four more buildings as both the Bahraja caliphate & Malikate of Makon share horse pastures

Beta release soon

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=453209
    link to beta download
    any continued commentary should go here
    thank you
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; May 20, 2011 at 03:39 PM.

delete
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; November 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    Congratulations on moving to the big leagues.
    thank you~

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011