Thread: Questions about SPQR 6.0

Default Questions about SPQR 6.0

Hello!

I`m very happy that this mod is released!!!

but:

in SPQR 5.0 i have MANY CTDs after the marius reforms (Performance Problems can`t be because i have AMD X2 4,8 GhZ, 2048 DDR RAM, Geforce 7800 GTX, etc..)
    and they happen every 3. or. 4th battle, if you quit the round and the cpu plays.. (Sorry for my bad english)
    i hope in SPQR 6.0 this happen anymore because, it kills the fun of this best mod! has anybody a idea why this happens??

and

if i have the BI expansion- the expansion upgrades RTW to which version??? because yesterday i wanted to install the 1.5 patch and the cool and :wub: ******* problem comes that there could be no installation of rome could be found, although i had more than 3 versions of rome and 2 versions of BI installed on my PC

help PLEASE!
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!
    http://www.politicallyincorrect.de/

MEMBER of S.I.N.

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

This is what I did mate.

Wipe ALL versions and copies of RTW and BI off your computer, uninstall each of them and then delete their parent directories.

Listen to this carefully. Install and/or update your graphics and sound card driver (the former is ESSENCIAL). To install new drivers, you must get rid of the old ones, hence you must uninstall them and then I advise you download a program call 'driver cleaner' from download.com and then use the program as advised.

Reboot and do the following. Install RTW, apply patch 1.5. Then copy the entire Rome - Total War folder to a different destination (somewhere out of the way, copy DON'T PASTE). Then proceed to install BI as normal, on THIS copy and this copy alone (not the one you copied to a safe destination), then after BI is installed, apply patch 1.6. Once 1.6 is installed (Remember to get the Temple fix at totalwar.com) rename this copy of RTW to (Rome Total War - BI). So now that BI install is renamed, cut and paste the safe copy of RTW back into the activision folder and then apply patch 1.5 to this copy (again, use the temple fix on this one too).

So now you have (like me 8)) a clean copy of BI that is updated to 1.6 and a clean copy of standalone RTW updated to 1.5, it would save you many headaches if you duplicated extra copies of either RTW or BI to use for mods, then you won't be doing this every month or so.

Rinse and repeat as required.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

thanks shadow imperator i will test this when í`m at home... and this will be a lot of work.. and all my install mods will be deleted

i hope i understand your post correctly. you are not casually german? because it listens difficult

i also did this with the 1.2 version of rome.. i installed it on a external drive.. and copied the whole ordner into to a directory on my hard drive (several time for different mods) also i did with the RTW+BI version, evertime it ran normal...--do you mean the same? because your version listens to me a bit difficult the shi* :wub:ing patches are very annoying...

which version of RTW do everyone have, who installed RTW and then BI??? nobody answered this question..?
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!

MEMBER of S.I.N.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

I have noted that Lt states the installation method for his mod is....

Installation Instructions:
    ----------------------------------------------
    1. Make sure you have a clean install of Rome: Total War on your system
    2. Make Sure you installed Patch V1.3 for Rome: Total War
    3. Make Sure you installed Patch V1.5 for Rome: Total War

I had RTW installed and then installed BI and then installed the 1.6 BI patch (which we know updates RTW to 1.5) and now the mod is available I installed SPQR 6.
    Could there be an issue due to not installing the 1.3 patch as Lt seems to be quite specific in his install instructions....?
    Or does the BI 1.6 patch contain everything for RTW that was included in the 1.3 patch as well as the 1.5 one...?

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

No, installing BI patched RTW to 1.3
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

ok i hope the 1.6 patch makes no problems because i don´t want to delete all rome or bi-mods from my pc... this will be a lot of work to reinstall and clean with regcleaner etc...
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!

MEMBER of S.I.N.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for that, as I never played RTW without the 1.6 patch, when BI first came out, I was not aware that it updated RTW to 1.3.

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusCaesar83
    thanks shadow imperator i will test this when í`m at home... and this will be a lot of work.. and all my install mods will be deleted

i hope i understand your post correctly. you are not casually german? because it listens difficult
    1: I know it is hard work, but to it it once, and do it properly saves a lot of pissfarting around later on, I know all your mods will be deleted, sometimes, starting off with a clean slate is far easier and less timeconsuming in the long run.

2: No i'm a first generation Australian, born of Italian immigrants with a very strong military tradition. I just have the ability to be abrupt, direct and forthwright in my answers, I hope I don't seem rude, cause I don't mean to be.

If you want some more help, our it is diffcult to understand, i'll exend my help further.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Sorry to be picky, but BI patched RTW to 1.4 (Which is essencially the same thing anyway), The reason I recomment having a clean install of RTW and a clean install of RTW BI is because some mods are compatible with one or the other, not both. Plus I find RTW 1.5 without BI more challenging, however that would require me to have ANOTHER install of BI to play BI.
    Last edited by Shadow_Imperator; February 18, 2006 at 12:39 AM.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH