Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: V2.5 - U Ai Mod Shogun II *Compatible with almost any other mod including Darthmod, All In One and S2R*

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: V0.65 - Universal Ai Mod Shogun II

Quote Originally Posted by St. Cyr View Post
    This sounds like a great concept, HK.
    I've tried the .56 version and did note a better AI in terms of unit building and castle development.

One question, will the AI "specialize" it's castles? As in, it won't try to build dojos everywhere will it? Some cities should be all about economic development. Especially for S2R, with our Samurai unit caps, you don't really need a high level dojo in every province. I usually only have one or two castles that actually make the majority of my units, the rest are basically tax farms.

Maybe in the future you could make it so that the AI does a better job of turning provinces with Iron or Smithing into troop factories and provinces with cash generating resources into economic bases.

Sadly it isnt possible to designate some towns as being castle towns and some as being eco towns but making the ai have higher level castles and thus more slots does result in it building more interesting buildings. +It can always take advantage of high level dojo exp bonus'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    Thanks so much Hedge Knight. Great work

I have a technical question or two concerning the mod:

With regard to compatibility, specifically for TROM's campaign pack --- I notice there's 11 tables or so common to both packs. In some cases, both you and Yarkis are using unique prefixes for table names so that the whole table doesn't get replaced, just specific elements (not 100% though). Also, there's obviously some edits to the same elements within a table by both mods. I'm curious how load priority is being handled in Shogun. Is it alphabetical? Would that go for individual table names and pack names as well (when in unscripted movie format)? Having trouble recalling the specifics from ETW/NTW.

I ask because I was scrutinizing the two packs both out of curiosity and also to double check that one mod wasn't perhaps making some change that may have a co-requisite edit in another table that might get overwritten (leaving it out of context and with the potential for funkiness). Just proof-reading, so to speak
    I think trom is a mod pack. Mine is a movie pack so loads last thus overwrites any conflicts between this mod and trom. Other wise its alphabetical by pack name.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzz View Post
    For the most part I liked what I saw while playing 0.56. One thing that seemed a bit odd though was that every other game, during the first turn the shogunate would declare war on Asai and conquer them. This was pretty nasty while trying to play as the Hattori.

Didn't really pay attention to whether or not this was happening with the vanilla AI as well, but the AI is notoriously bad at keeping its end of a military access bargain. If you make a deal for military access both ways for an indefinite amount of time, the AI almost always cancels your rights to move in their territory within one or two turns.
    On the shogunate i have never seen it expand which is strange, perhaps in 0.7 ill look into this. On the plus side a tough situation is a success in my eyes. Pesky upsatrt clans must be crushed XD. On the access this only really happens if you have a low relationship. Give them money or somthing .
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; April 10, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

I think its a mistake in the game mechanics to let the shogunate expand. They can spawn stacks out of thin air and generally them having more than kyoto disturbs the whole flow of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think its a mistake in the game mechanics to let the shogunate expand. They can spawn stacks out of thin air and generally them having more than kyoto disturbs the whole flow of the game.
    I agree with this, plus in my second turn with Hattori on normal, the Shogun already has 3 stacks of army, and for some reason it never ends my turn during Tataki (or Sataki?)'s turn when it declared war on my ally.

I'm using this with TROM (battle mod only), along with other minor mods (music, unit cards, unit pips, faction colors, and speech fix). Any ideas why?

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    They can spawn only in kyoto only when you siege it. As to the flow of the game perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by peank View Post
    I agree with this, plus in my second turn with Hattori on normal, the Shogun already has 3 stacks of army, and for some reason it never ends my turn during Tataki (or Sataki?)'s turn when it declared war on my ally.

I'm using this with TROM (battle mod only), along with other minor mods (music, unit cards, unit pips, faction colors, and speech fix). Any ideas why?
    When you say "stacks" is that 1 full stack and 2 other small two or three unit stack that move in and out of kyoto? In my 4 games as Hatori I have never seen it with more than 1 stack perhaps its something new. I would love to fight that.

I will play some later HK thanks 4 the new update.
    Last edited by TheJian; April 10, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Leonard Nimoy's mug, just what I needed

Artifex

Gone bald

I thought it was fairly subtle.

Does the "Katana-Samurai-rebalance" mean that its not compatible with S2R?

It works with S2R. The AI just won't have many katana Samurai to recruit. (Cap of 3 in the mod, 5 for Shimazu)

Artifex

I included junctions for loan swords ashigaru aswellto maximise sgII realism compatibility. Sadly i cant do naginata as the rest oif the references are not there but hopefully you included those.

Yeah we did, UAI + SR2 recruits Naginata Ashigaru in nice proportions.

Senator

op your pictures arent working fix em.

Artifex

Im too lazy for now :p.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzz View Post
    Finally finished my first legendary campaign as Shimazu. Compared to the games I tried with Hattori and Uesugi this was a cakewalk for the most part after uniting Kyushuu, but Oda or Mori probably would've been easier (played VH campaigns with them and especially Mori was real easy, the superior ships let you grab trade points early on, you only have to fight a war on one front for a long time as your ally will tend to keep the Kyushuu clans at bay, Iwami gives a very nice income early on and you can very quickly take Bizen and Hoki for unit construction bonuses).

As I was Christian, it ended up being me against the entire rest of Japan when I grabbed Osaka and got realm divide. At this point I got a nasty surprise as apparently the campaign AI mod that I had installed makes the Shogunate a lot more aggressive and they came for Osaka during the next turn phase with 2 full stacks along with 3 full stacks from other clans...and just sieged Osaka with my Daimyo and his army in it (and another 2/3 stack nearby but ended up pulling them back) rather than assaulting the fort and giving me atleast some chance of winning. Ended up getting pushed back over to my castle at Bizen and having to take a couple of years shipping over units to make a new army.

Have to say that high level missionaries inciting revolts is really unbalancing, after I got wiped at Osaka I made every other province to the east of Kyoto revolt with my 3 high rank missionaries. One of the missionaries ended up getting stuck because a rebel army spawned right on top of him after inciting, and you couldn't even attack the army so that missionary ended up spending the rest of the game in that spot. After that the AI didn't really bother me that much, except for a couple of landing parties that I couldn't/forgot to catch with my nanban/sengoku fleets.

Looks like the work of The Hedge Knight. Wish I could get " 2 full stacks along with 3 full stacks from other clans"
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Using your latest version and everything is fine so far, the AI is throwing some nice stacks at me, one concern, they seem to be leaving their settlements undefended even recently captured provinces. They rebel and create new factions or old ones that were wiped out. The Oda have come back and died about 5 times so far.

Hey Guys

can someone explain how the folder is, to change aggression of the CAI? I use PFM. Thanks for answer.

Artifex

There is no one 'aggression' stat its a cululation of many factors.

Playing another legendary game with 0.65, this time as Tokugawa. The Shogunate has captured 4 additional provinces (the ones to the NW of them, Tanba, Tajima, Inaba and Hoki). Might prove to be "fun" to try and get rid of them. Seems like they're also building each and every one of the legendary buildings, they already finished legendary bajutsu and kabunakama. The player doesn't have much chance of being able to finish those buildings if the shogunate just cranks them out at will.

If you can change it, I'd recommend reducing the AI valueing of military access to player lands. The AI doesn't tend to use the rights for sneak attacks (seen it happen once in all my games) yet is still willing to pay several thousand koku for the rights.

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Ashikaga are steamrolling at will on mine too. One of many "good golly miss Molly, we got us a live one!" moments of the game, Ashikaga uses half a stack and war stomps Asai on turn 2. (me playing as Hattori.)

using 6.5 + Aum Sho.

Artifex

Will fix in 0.7.

Hi Hedge Knight. I was doing a bug fix with my monthly turn mod. However, it seemed that I need to modify the campaign_variables files which is also in your mod. To avoid incompatibility between the mods, I went ahead and modify onto your file some values on children's birthrate and put it on my mod. I hope that you would not mind this btw love your mod so far