Thread: Editing Family Hierarchy

Default Editing Family Hierarchy

I was looking on editing the family hierarchy such as changing the portrait of each family member and creating damiyo's brothers but I cannot find any portrait link to each character (ex. Napoleon TW, on each character arrays for ministers have links to portrait directories to data.pack, which was really easy for me to edit)

I looked at the "Family" esf editor, I am confused on what the values mean (I'm using the current NodeDescription for NTW ESF 1.4.6; which is basically the same description except on some parts)

Can anyone elaborate on "Family" in the esfeditor?

also has anyone try editing family portraits?

UPDATE: I found the daimyo portrait link

ex. "ui/portraits/japanese/Cards/general/young/020.tga"

but there is none for his wife and children, its blank, maybe ill fill it out manually it should able to do it, will post my results
    Last edited by fredfrep; April 03, 2011 at 12:14 AM.

Icon1 Re: Editing Family Hierarchy

Hello Fredfep,

Did you have any luck digging into the Family section of esf? I have looked into this myself and not had much look yet, it would appear that the 6th field down is number of children (looking at Tokugawa with save game at 1545) but when I have changed this and then attempted to clone a child character record to add another child it crashes (although no idea about many of the fields).

Anyway let me know how you got on, the family tree is something I am very keen on editing.

Cheers.

Default Re: Editing Family Hierarchy

Quote Originally Posted by LordJGav View Post
    Hello Fredfep,

Did you have any luck digging into the Family section of esf? I have looked into this myself and not had much look yet, it would appear that the 6th field down is number of children (looking at Tokugawa with save game at 1545) but when I have changed this and then attempted to clone a child character record to add another child it crashes (although no idea about many of the fields).

Anyway let me know how you got on, the family tree is something I am very keen on editing.

Cheers.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, I tried doing that and your right; it crashes for me

I looked at both the startpos.esf, and the saves that I started from scratch but no comparison unfortunately, the weird thing that I can't grasp is where would their wife and children portrait links are (I see their images in the data.pak), it seems they have their own sub category but nothing that can reference back to their image or have slots to add (I am looking at Character Arrays btw, since "Family" seems to be a void entity), NTW was much easier to add and edit the current government ministers/Kings. I don't know I tried everything that 'might have' taken effect on this but all comes out to error, either editing the .esf or saves. I dream of putting my clan daimyo have a daughter that has a image of a pretty geisha and maybe add alot of brothers and 'capable' generals

So in conclusion: I am at a dead point, unless someone knows that aspect of the game...

Aye its v frustrating, tried various methodical changes in Family and always crashes. I did try to edit via esf my save game where my Daimyo (Tokugawa clan) had just had a 2nd child, a daughter, and change her stats based on his son and pretty much replicate all aspects and the game loaded but then crashed on end turn and ommited the portrait from the family tree.

Did manage to change names successfully though, dug into data.pack with PFM, extracted the names and looked up what I could change them to.

Using Esf 1.4.6 which seems to not crash as often, also I have been loading a save game and then saving it as another game with esf and that seems to prevent a lot of crashes.

Anyway good luck and hope you have more succes than I

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by LordJGav View Post
    Aye its v frustrating, tried various methodical changes in Family and always crashes. I did try to edit via esf my save game where my Daimyo (Tokugawa clan) had just had a 2nd child, a daughter, and change her stats based on his son and pretty much replicate all aspects and the game loaded but then crashed on end turn and ommited the portrait from the family tree.

Did manage to change names successfully though, dug into data.pack with PFM, extracted the names and looked up what I could change them to.

Using Esf 1.4.6 which seems to not crash as often, also I have been loading a save game and then saving it as another game with esf and that seems to prevent a lot of crashes.

Anyway good luck and hope you have more succes than I

Cheers
    sorry to respond to this NOW (I gave up after 2 weeks of what you tried, because it kept crashing for me) but I don't think people here still found any solution to this problem, I will go do this again very soon and let you know of this process (hope that you found any solution to this since we talked back in April?), Why is this so hard to figure this out, I did it with 104% success for Empire/Napoleon Government Hierarchy but it seems (in my opinion) that each clan has a probability ratio coding of family members (according to my trial and error of playing every clan over and over again from start to see what family members change and what triggers new family members enter such as a new baby) but it seems to happen RANDOMLY, I don't understand how they proceed this element for family clan's ratio. I have yet to look at all of the data file in Pack File Manager, hopefully it will tell there and I know for sure the ESF editor changes what has happened, and not providing information for such as a new baby to the daimyo, and etc. But adding the family manually seemed to be impossible as it crashes the game into submission

But I am not going to give up anytime soon, going to work on this solution again and hopefully a senior TWC moderator like TWC Hussar can help finding this solution together.

I think everyone wants to edit their daimyo clan family to their exact preferences to the last small detail
    Last edited by fredfrep; July 25, 2011 at 02:55 AM.

Each individual family member has a unique 8-digit number assigned to it in the esf. That's why you can't just clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying, Duke of Qin View Post
    Each individual family member has a unique 8-digit number assigned to it in the esf. That's why you can't just clone.
    But problem is it is Unique (so it could mean that there is no definite 8-digit numbers for different family members? its randomly generated?), I looking it at and I can't find it, where are these 8-digit numbers?