Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] The Roman Empire-Part I-Thematic Armies.

Default Re: [Preview] The Roman Empire-Part I-Thematic Armies.

Hands down some of the prettiest units of M2TW I've ever seen.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Majkl's Avatar Miles

once this mod come out i will upgrade my PC so I can run it on max settings!! this old one cant survive so much pleasure

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Majkl View Post
    once this mod come out i will upgrade my PC so I can run it on max settings!! this old one cant survive so much pleasure
    My pc is two years old ...and runs it smouthly!
    Koultouras made some experiments with 4 armies with huge units in a battlefield of forrest and had no troubles.
    His pc is also two years old.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

my PC is six years old lmao

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Aye, two is new. Mine is (or at least was) five or so.

matmohair1's Avatar Domesticus

mind-bogglingly awesome ! great work indeed

And here is one of our middle rank officers:
    Brigade commanders known as Hilliarches (plural Hilliarchae), Taxiarches (plural Taxiarchae) and Drougarios (plural Drougarii).

Diferences with Centurions.
    Higher quality armors and cloaks.
    ALL textures made by LEIF ERIKSON [rep him here]
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

officers arms as cube.it must be as cylinder.i see this on some other units from other modellers too.

its very easy to fix.at least u can make little bevel to edges of arms.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    And here is one of our middle rank officers:
    Brigade commanders known as Hilliarches (plural Hilliarchae), Taxiarches (plural Taxiarchae) and Drougarios (plural Drougarii).

Diferences with Centurions.
    Higher quality armors and cloaks.
    ALL textures made by LEIF ERIKSON [rep him here]
    Heh... he is stabbing his helmet's crest
    I think he's had a bit too much ?

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Heh... he is stabbing his helmet's crest
    I think he's had a bit too much ?
    The only thing i know is that when that sword "came down" the one that had that hit did not like it at all!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Stunning work! Just got a new heavy duty gaming machine so can't wait to try TGC on it on max settings

YES, YES, YES with the crest... i freaking love it that way

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

Perfect models, very good work.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I really appreciate your work, but In my opinion contaratoi, skoutatoi and menoulatoi should be regrouped in a single unit (with a spear as primari weapon and a sword as secondary weapon)...i say this because:
    1) Do we have proof that kontos and menaulion were actually two different weapon?
    2) Soldiers armed with spears were in the same unit of soldiers armed with other weapon, and they used the spears only against cavalry...
    Anyway I renew my compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    I really appreciate your work, but In my opinion contaratoi, skoutatoi and menoulatoi should be regrouped in a single unit (with a spear as primari weapon and a sword as secondary weapon)...i say this because:
    1) Do we have proof that kontos and menaulion were actually two different weapon?
    2) Soldiers armed with spears were in the same unit of soldiers armed with other weapon, and they used the spears only against cavalry...
    Game limitations Dude, its not possible to have secondary weapons with the Units you mentioned, If it were I'm sure the Team would have Done it by now and I'm pretty sure the Kontos and Menaulion were two different weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Game limitations Dude, its not possible to have secondary weapons with the Units you mentioned, If it were I'm sure the Team would have Done it by now and I'm pretty sure the Kontos and Menaulion were two different weapons.
    True...We can not have a unit that the soldier models will use two or three animation combinations.
    Even in today's Rome 2 there is not such unit.
    A player though can create his armies under this prospective.
    He can create groups of units as one...
    I explain.
    An army that has 20 units.
    3 infantry "battalions"
    Each battalion is actually a group of...
    Kontarati
    Scutati
    Toxotae
    In the two gaps between the infantry groups a unit of Menaulati
    Behind the infantry line the General.
    So far we have 12 units...
    In each side a battalion of Cavalarii that will be a group of :
    A unit of Cavalarii archers and a unit of cavalarii lancers.
    We reach in 16 units....
    Finally the player can chose his procrusatores battalion unit from a variety of units such...
    Accontistae and Peltastae or if he want horsemen in that role he can chose Trapezitae horsemen...
    A combination of these units as a battalion or separate would allow the final 20th unit pool to be an artilery one.
    See???? Besides the game's engine limitation we will provide a number of units that with proper combination they could represent actuall armies.
    EDIT: That example is for an infantry based Thematic army with the task of defence.
    A Thematic army with task of offence would have more horse based units:
    Two Infantry battalions as we described and a single Menaylati unit guarding their gap.
    Two javelin units as procrusatores like accontistae or Peltastae infront of each battalion...
    In each side two full cavalry battalions with the two units we described plus with one unit of Trapezitae in each battalion.
    The general and in the last an artilery unit or a unit of heavy shock one like our "Aristocrats" that are actually provincial cataphracts.

Like these guys...

You can see the infantry battalion as i described it and the General's shock cavalry reserve Aristocrats.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; December 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

this looks awesome!!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

And that is an understatement. Lovely work.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

will ther be an AI battle system to simulate the roman warfare tactics?

no

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast