Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] The Roman Empire-Part I-Thematic Armies.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: [Preview] The Roman Empire-Part I-Thematic Armies.

Roman Empire will have 80% of Anatolia with comon frontiers with rebel Armenian provinces in the east and comon frontier with Saracens in the south .
    Also the empire will have one city in Sicily and some in south Italy .
    We follow historical maps by 90% . The rest 10% has to do with the game's better way of play.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Will ERE have all it's starting territory or will there be some random rebel lands like in vanilla? I always hated that.

As explained in another thread there will be some "grey" zones (rebels) in varius areas around some huge states.
    That feature allow us to show:
    The political instability in some regions.
    The frequent change of borders.
    Also they will allow players to gain crusial time to learn how mod works with out provoking huge and powerfull factions from the start.
    Imagine that you play as Bulgaria but you do not know how mod mechanisms work. Suddenly Roman Empire attacks you because there is no alternative to expand else where.
    You find your self against a mighty opponet without chances of survival.
    But. Lets supose that RE tries to regain the rebel teritories in anatolia.
    Now you have the time to develop your state and learn how mod works.
    You try to invade in a rebel teritory that is between you and the RE.
    But as the region is still rebel you do not directly provoke RE to attack you. The examples are endless mostly with smaller factions that need :
    Time to develop.
    Space to expand.
    Everything in TGC has its own goal. That is why i said that we follow the historical maps by "only" 90%.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

Great preview ! Cant wait for the second part .

Auto-Nabishtam's Avatar Civis

Good job AnthoniusII vey talented models!

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Nabishtam View Post
    Good job AnthoniusII vey talented models!
    These models are direct result of work of all the CBUR/TGC creators.

matmohair1's Avatar Domesticus

hope this helps, excerpts from "armies of the dark ages" by Ian Heath & other sources
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sorry, will in this mod any Roman units with crest helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by Dman1993 View Post
    Sorry, will in this mod any Roman units with crest helmets?
    Crest helmets??

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Crest helmets??
    He means the decorative crests over some Roman helmets, an antiquation element.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Well then no...
    Despite the fact that some historians insist the Medieval Romans (Byzantines) of 10th and 11th century still used hellenistic or late roman elements in their equipment, the millitary manuals of the Romans themselves describe an equipment heavily influenced by steppe and eastern ones!
    See my avatar for example. The warrior uses a rather steppe helmet and not a clasic hellenistico/roman one.
    There is no image of any byzantine chronicles of 10th-11th that shows helmets with crests. Maybe in some rare occasions like parades high ranked officials could use such equipment for prestise matters.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Well then no...
    Despite the fact that some historians insist the Medieval Romans (Byzantines) of 10th and 11th century still used hellenistic or late roman elements in their equipment, the millitary manuals of the Romans themselves describe an equipment heavily influenced by steppe and eastern ones!
    See my avatar for example. The warrior uses a rather steppe helmet and not a clasic hellenistico/roman one.
    There is no image of any byzantine chronicles of 10th-11th that shows helmets with crests. Maybe in some rare occasions like parades high ranked officials could use such equipment for prestise matters.
    In matmohair1's spoiler , there is an Emperor Basel II with crest and also officer. So i mean quite simplistic one, maybe like that one for example:

diez's Avatar Biarchus

this picture shows a 6th century roman soldier...http://www.pegasomodels.it/productdetails_en.asp?id=649

from what i know in this time(which is a bit away from this mods timeframe)such helmets were used

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

6th cent Justinian army also
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

But in matmohair1's spoiler? There is cataphract officer with such a helmet

But in matmohair1's spoiler? There is cataphract officer with such a helmet
    In the translated military manuals helmets dicribed with plumes.
    and not crests. But no one can be sure. As i said parade armors may were diferent than battle ones. Even for Basill II that had the fame that was dressed/armed like his own soldiers in battle exept the cloths (tunic,cloak and boots) that looked diferent. Basill II was famous for his minimalistic ideas and his attempts to make the empire strong not only in molitary but in financial terms!
    He made only th enesessary expences unlike other Emperors before and after him!

So you will made officer or general with that helm?))

So you will made officer or general with that helm?))
    Maybe...maybe not...we will deside when time comes.

Last edited by absinthia; September 08, 2011 at 10:19 AM.

c`mon now kiddies. no bickering!
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast