Thread: Italian Faction.

Default Italian Faction.

Is anyone here familiar with Giacomo Leopardi? He was born in 1798 and died in 1837. He was one of Italy's greatest poets, philosophers, and patriots. For example, read his poem "All'Italia"(To Italy). I would like to suggest that he be included as one of Italy's gentlemen, and make him a ranking one too. I know his era would not be historically accurate with the game, but I think you guys could honor him since he never got to see his dream of a unified Italy, AND since it is the 150 year aniversary of Italy's independence as well. I can translate his poems and other writings from Italian to English, or vise versa, if anyone would like to include it in the game for quotations or what not.
    "But I being poor have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." -W.B. Yeats

Default Re: Italian Faction.

Quote Originally Posted by full_too_pale View Post
    Is anyone here familiar with Giacomo Leopardi? He was born in 1798 and died in 1837. He was one of Italy's greatest poets, philosophers, and patriots. For example, read his poem "All'Italia"(To Italy). I would like to suggest that he be included as one of Italy's gentlemen, and make him a ranking one too. I know his era would not be historically accurate with the game, but I think you guys could honor him since he never got to see his dream of a unified Italy, AND since it is the 150 year aniversary of Italy's independence as well. I can translate his poems and other writings from Italian to English, or vise versa, if anyone would like to include it in the game for quotations or what not.

We're gathering up a new collection of quotes as so we would be very grateful if you could send us what you've

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

I have a lot from Giacomo Leopardi. Do you want me to give you a list of his quotes and you guys can select the ones you like most? Let me know if you want them in Italian or English, or both. And who do i send them too?
    "But I being poor have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." -W.B. Yeats

Write them here in English if you can

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

These are my favorite lines from Giacomo Leopardi's poem "To Italy".

"O my country, I can see the walls and arches and the columns and the statues and lonely towers of our ancestors, but I do not see the glory."

"Even if your eyes were fountains, your tears could never equal your suffereing and humiliation; you were a lady, and now you are a slave."

"What happened to our ancient strength, the arms, the courage, the resolve? Who stripped you of your sword? Who betrayed you? What treachery, what sabotage, what power could take away your cloak and golden crown?"

"Let my blood, O heaven, be inspiring to Italian hearts."

If you want more than this let me know. I have plenty. I think this poem is the most appropriate for a game of conquest.