Thread: The MP coop campaign bug thread

Tiro

Default The MP coop campaign bug thread

Dear forummembers,

After looking around on these forum I noticed the fragmentation of threads. As such I decided to create the one to rule them all. If any of you would like to participate by not making new thread but, if suffering from bugs, adding a post to this thread.
    Reporting them here I will add them to this list, I will come back every day to check up and complete the list. Rembember this is about the MP coop campaign. However I think that versus campaign will suffer from the same bugs.
    The bugs seem to appear more often on a Internet than on a Lan. As I have played one lan game up to 120 turns before suffering the first desynch (after which it happened every 3 or 4 turns).

The List:
    _ Internet: When deciding to reload a savegame, the host has to restart (reboot) the game. Reloading the savegame will make the client unable to join.
    _ Lan: A desynch in the savegame made my ally unable to join me in a siege. When the next turn, the enemy sallies forth, the game desynchs regardless of autoresolve or battle.
    _ Internet: The game desynchs every two or three turns after the first 30 or so turns.
    _ Internet & Lan: Sometimes either player does not get the battle screen after the other has decided to attack or auto-resolve.

Possible solutions.
    _ Most problems boil down to the desynch bug which is usually solved by copying the host savegame to the client. Which mean you have to save every turn, and if the bug is still there try the savegame of the turn before... Continue untill youve found which turn it desynched in and continue on from that point. Also if a desynch occurs in the beginning of a battle... Try moving your army before atttacking again. It usually circumvents the desynch.

_ So the procedure is as follows (copy save host->client, try the savegame, if it still desynchs move your army before attacking again, if that doesnt work try an earlier save). This has usually worked for us, however it also removed ALL immersion from the game, making it mostly a battle against desynchs, not a battle against other clans.
    If somehow this does not work, or you have found another solution please post it here.

_ For the reloading bug, try simsams tip. Both players, go back to the main menu and both reenter the lobby "before the host loads the save." (lemme know if it works) Alternatively the host can reload the game altogether.

I hope CA will find any uses in getting a list of bugs. Now we now that usually these bugs are resolved by sharing the savegame (and saving every turn). But that isnt as easy as it sounds, so make a shortcut to the savegamesfolder.
    Last edited by Ikarash; April 05, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
    Sold my Soul for Rock NRoll

Default Re: The MP coop campaign bug thread

1) I love the coop MPC. It's great to be able to play with far-off friends.

2) Which makes the bugs that much more annoying. We got pretty far, but because my game will crash in any naval battle, we have to auto resolve them.

Then, after the patch... trying to auto resolve results in the other player never receiving a chance to spectate/auto resolve. Nothing can be done. Trapped by two different bugs (this will happen regardless of land/naval).

LAME. I like the game, I just wish I could play it. My system pwns. DX11 cards the problem?

i7 950 @3.7
    2x GTX460 1gb SLI
    260.66 drivers nvidia
    Win7 64 bit

Hello,
    The desync problem: to fix it, copy the savegame from the host to the client.
    CA should check the size/checksum of the savegame on the two machines before loading... and transfers the game if the test fails.
    My intuition is that this happens when the client quicksaves...

Another very annoying problem that occurs when starting a battle where you have a reinforcement unit and your friend isn't involved with his armies:
    YOU CANNOT SELECT THEM BY CLICKING ON THEM, nor give them proper orders, nor give them to your buddy... basically the reinforcement units are bugged up to hell.

oh... a minor one:
    when you want to reload, the host has to quit the game (alright so far). Problem is 50% of the time the game doesn't time out. So you can't rejion it.

We found a way to go around this: when leaving the game you return to the lobby, both players have to return to the main menu (exiting the lobby), then re-enter before the host loads the game.

I'm sure it isnt too hard to fix ^^

Semisalis

I have same issue, have 2 different multiplayer campaigns were i am not hosting at all but every time i try to join up again to continue, I join game then says i lost connection to game right when i get into the menu. Over and over this happened with no solution.

Tiro

Ok to sum a little. I Dont think that any of you have added new bugs to the list. They mostyl boil down to desynchs which are usually noticed at the start of a battle. Be it in the battle menu or on the beginning of the battle map, because the game shows the error only then, or because one player does not get the battle menu.

After waiting a while you ask eachother... hey why havent you pressed ready yet... only to be replied... "ready what?"

@taljoe... No, this game is waaaay to buggy to blame your system in any way. Besides your specs outrange my owns and as such you should be fine too. With the amount of money you mustve spent, the only issue could be that your rig is too good. Its like throwing petroleum (shogun) into your lamborgini (rig). However, you could try turning the settings to high (from ultra) or putting them back to default.

@simsam..
    Your first point... that the game desynch more often if the client initiates a save instead of the host. Could be an interesting point.
    -the reinforcement bug is new to me... Could you explain in more detail please?
    -your tip to circumvent having to reboot the game on a reload (of a savegame) could be very usefull too. I will try this out.

@SgtLong... Im sorry to ask, but have you tried any of the here or elsewhere mentioned solutions... It sounds like a desynch to me.

@all others... My copy is on the shelve untill a patch arrives... Untill then I will come back here to read/maybe help you.
    Last edited by Ikarash; April 05, 2011 at 10:07 AM.
    Sold my Soul for Rock NRoll

I have a funny one:
    A friend and I was enjoying a Coop mp campaign when on turn 78, he suddenly went from Shimazu to Date..
    I loaded an earlier save, and when i saved again, he once more appeared as Date in the save description.

Laetus

sorry i know i made 2 same posts, anyway...Hello everyone hope someone see my post, since 2 days now i was trying to play fall of the samurai coop campaign on local network (offline steam) unfortunately something ruined everything. oh by the way its a legit copy from steam, Everything worked fine we start a lobby and the campaign worked fine, after a couple of turns we took a break after that we cannot resume the campaign. I tried lots of thing and surfed on lots of thread but nothing worked. When i start the game my brother cannot join. I mean he can join the lobby but when i start the game to continue our coop it wouldn't start at all. It just bring us back to the menu o.O?? that's really annoying also tried to rename the .save_multiplier by putting a name before the extension didn't work too.. I really want to play with my bro, but this problem ruined everything

Any help please?