Thread: Help predict global warming

Default Help predict global warming

Hi there,

If someone could sticky this that would be really good:

Help scientists predict global warming using your spare computer power!!!

I have done this so should you: Click here to find out more.
    Keep this site happy & report flamming and abusive posts ASAP
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum
    Patron of the Civitates Ozymandias & Dan_Grr

I used to do with with SETI.

http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Global warming is something that wont matter no matter what info we have on it, no politicians in the countries that matter will do anything about it unless it was going to destroy the world within the next 3 years, lol. If that, knowing them.

I personally think these "shared resource" screensavers (they run as a screensaver) are VERY interesting. I can see how SETI would need it but you would think that scientists that research global warming have government contracts? I know the Pentagon contributes to this, they are HIGHLY interested in Global warming. I guess any bit of computer power helps.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Interesting stuff, I'd heard about this use of hundereds/thoughsands of computers in one massive global network doing little bits each and all contributing to the overall power of it.

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

How can I refuse? Hmmm, I've never stickied anything before...

The temptation is too great. I have given in. Forgive me, masters
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

Cheers Menander
    Everytime I learn something new, it pushes old stuff out of my brain -Homer (Simpson)
    Under the Honoured Patronage of the Divus Sulla. Please visit The Living Past Forum

Those global temperature models have always been a little dubious. They've been around for about ten years and they make just as many wrong predictions as they do right. Might as well participate though. There can't be any harm in predicting the rain better
    Given any number of random, even contradictory metaphysical postulates, a justification, however absurd, can be logically developed.

Mapping advances anybody can use. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035

Quote Originally Posted by bdh
    Those global temperature models have always been a little dubious. They've been around for about ten years and they make just as many wrong predictions as they do right. Might as well participate though. There can't be any harm in predicting the rain better
    But the more information we get, the better chance we have to predict correctly.
    I sin for the good of humankind
    "I praise, I do not reproach, [nihilism's] arrival. I believe it is one of the greatest crises, a moment of the deepest self-reflection of humanity. Whether man recovers from it, whether he becomes master of this crisis, is a question of his strength."
    -Nietzsche
    Truth is not a law, a democracy, a book or a norm not even a constitution. Nor can it be read in the stars.

Default Re: Help predict global warming

Just an update, I was having problems with it before, but restarted it & they seem to have fixed it.

Anyone finished???!!! :laughing:

Default Re: Help predict global warming

The most interesting thing about global warming is that it might in fact lead to extreme cold. That's because when global warming melts the ice, fresh water is made and since it's lighter than sea water, it stays up and interfears the cycle of water in oceans. That could lead to extreme cold according to some scientists.