Thread: Retard AI won't garrison walls.

Default Retard AI won't garrison walls.

I'm beginning to hate this game more and more.

Trying to do a siege defense, I would be able to successfully defend, if they would actually hug the walls.

They just dance back and forth if you try to garrison.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

HERP DERP
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I should have just waited for 50 patches so I could wait for a playable TW just like every CA game.
    Last edited by Babaganoush; March 31, 2011 at 06:23 AM.

Default Re: Retard AI won't garrison walls.

I'm not 100% positive about this, but your walls are busted... and you can't garrison busted walls. I agree it shouldn't give you the movement symbol as if they could garrison, and they shouldn't scurry around, but i'm pretty sure that's the issue.

I've played and owned ETW, NTW and now S2TW. Unit paths have always been screwed up, but not as bad in S2 as in E/NTW imo.

Did you play ETW? I am one of the few people who loved ETW, but defending castles was basically just trying to get your units to do anything period, or go where you ordered them.

My first TW was actually Napoleon which I didn't like so much. People said Shogun 2 was good so I bought it and well, it's a love/hate relationship with the AI.

When you first deploy however, you CAN garrison broken walls. Sometimes even after deployment you can garrison it. If it's not made to be that way, then it should have been fixed, meaning there shouldn't be that movement symbol.

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

Thats not AI, just pathfinding issues, thats really minor compared to the pathfinding in RTW, M2TW (it was actually at a high point here), and ETW (so much so that many people removed fort sieges from the game)