Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2045606162636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1402

Thread: GTAV now on PC - 60 FPS silky smooth goodness

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V - September 17th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Robin_Hood View Post
    Been playing for three days now, put in maybe 8 hours playtime in total and whilst I'm very impressed at the level of realism Rockstar have achieved there are a few gripes that I feel, really let the game down for me.

1. vehicles are far too easy to steal which makes them valueless. Why bother saving my car in my safe house garage when I can walk down the street and find a car that's probably twice as good anyway!

2. good vehicles are a dime a dozen. Rockstar should have made quality vehicles rarer to find.

3. breaking in to cars is too easy. Rockstar should of made a mini-game like Skyrim's lockpicking.

4. police patrols almost non-existent! I'd prefer to see more police patrols because at the moment you feel like you can act in the most disgraceful manner without any repercussions. I'd much prefer to have to worry about being "caught in the act" by patrolling cops.

5. police do not react to your actions. The rare times you do see police car patrols you can speed past them and do all kinds of traffic violations without any reaction from the cops whatsoever! COMPLETELY IMMERSIONS-BREAKING!

6. The vast open-world city is wasted. Why bother going garden-hopping in neighbourhoods or entering multi-story buildings when there's nothing to do there! Rockstar should have made the world more alive.
    1. & 2. - You have not seen the valuable cars yet then. Good luck actually getting your hands on the super cars like the Adder, Turismo, Entity, Cheetah, etc in the game world without having to buy it yourself. Def better than anything you'll see pedestrians driving around.

3. - Absolutely not. GTA has never introduced this "feature" and I can't think of a more lame, adrenaline-killing idea than to include a mini game where you must lock-pick a car in the middle of a 5 star police chase.

4. - You're not the only criminals in Los Santos, I've seen plenty of random instances where cops are not only patrolling but also chasing other criminals. Random shootouts. Random car chasing. All not including your character.

5. - Again just one more idea thats never been in a GTA game, and never should. Considering nearly every mission requires you to lose the cops before completed the objective or making it to a waypoint, I would absolutely hate it if I was about to end a mission but I forgot to stop at the stop sign, or ran a red light, or went 10 miles over the nonexistent speed limit. Not happening.

6. - There's plenty of side characters to meet and random events outside the story. Its a sandbox game, make your own fun. Go blockade the highway with some buses and pour gasoline all around one and watch the chain reaction of explosions occur. Get the big Chinook military chopper with the grappling hook and pick up cop cars and take them high into the sky and drop em, with the cops still inside the car. Try to tow a boat all the way up to the top of Mt Chiliad (damn near impossible).
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Finished this game. I liked it, but I was a bit disappointed to be honest. To me, there was little that actually made this game stand out for me. The map seemed smaller than something like Just Cause 2; I wish there were a few more weapon attachments, no destructible environment, so my bullets couldn't even penetrate plywood; maybe I'm just older than when the other GTA games came out, but the satire wasn't there compared to other games, especially in the radio hosts. My favorite radio host, Lazlo, was a bore compared to what he did in GTA Episodes from Liberty City. The story and characters were serviceable, but holy was that ending abysmal.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Killing four of the most powerful being in the city in under an hour? Are you ing serious? If they were such a problem and they were so easy to take out, then why didn't they do it earlier (with the exception of Haines)? Ugghh, it just felt rushed and sloppy. Also, why did Trevor's posse just fall from the face of the earth after he started doing things with Michael again? That was kind of unexplained and disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    4. - You're not the only criminals in Los Santos, I've seen plenty of random instances where cops are not only patrolling but also chasing other criminals. Random shootouts. Random car chasing. All not including your character.
    Oh, really ? Never seen that. I can just kill people all day long out in the streets, steal whatever I want, there is NO police at all in this game. Police only exists in scripted missions. There is no point in calling a game Grand Theft Auto if you can steal any car without risking anything.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Oh, really ? Never seen that. I can just kill people all day long out in the streets, steal whatever I want, there is NO police at all in this game. Police only exists in scripted missions. There is no point in calling a game Grand Theft Auto if you can steal any car without risking anything.
    Ok...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krvSnHfOOVM

Note the date, this is on console no mods. I see this all the time in GTA V.

As for talking about never getting stars from killing/stealing outside of missions, that's obviously a lie.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post
    Finished this game. I liked it, but I was a bit disappointed to be honest. To me, there was little that actually made this game stand out for me. The map seemed smaller than something like Just Cause 2; I wish there were a few more weapon attachments, no destructible environment, so my bullets couldn't even penetrate plywood; maybe I'm just older than when the other GTA games came out, but the satire wasn't there compared to other games, especially in the radio hosts. My favorite radio host, Lazlo, was a bore compared to what he did in GTA Episodes from Liberty City. The story and characters were serviceable, but holy was that ending abysmal.

Killing four of the most powerful being in the city in under an hour? Are you ing serious? If they were such a problem and they were so easy to take out, then why didn't they do it earlier (with the exception of Haines)? Ugghh, it just felt rushed and sloppy. Also, why did Trevor's posse just fall from the face of the earth after he started doing things with Michael again? That was kind of unexplained and disappointing.
    Agreed ending is a mess.

1st the villains of each character they don't have enough screen time like really killing a gang banger.

2nd Major villain doesn't really felt like a threat. The major villain felt like a certified a-hole for not giving me cash or any sort of reward. Totally much prefer the Mexican Cartel than the private military. The boss in Mexican cartel have potential and a threat.

3rd End choices doesn't really make sense. Unless i really hate those 3 protagonist. Seriously if i am going role play why the hell i will work for those A-holes for not giving me some cash. Yes they will give me cash like the Paleto Heist but its quite small compared to the risk pulling that Heist. Also how could i trust them w/ there deals will be legit??

Quote Originally Posted by Robin_Hood View Post
    Been playing for three days now, put in maybe 8 hours playtime in total and whilst I'm very impressed at the level of realism Rockstar have achieved there are a few gripes that I feel, really let the game down for me.

1. vehicles are far too easy to steal which makes them valueless. Why bother saving my car in my safe house garage when I can walk down the street and find a car that's probably twice as good anyway!

2. good vehicles are a dime a dozen. Rockstar should have made quality vehicles rarer to find.

3. breaking in to cars is too easy. Rockstar should of made a mini-game like Skyrim's lockpicking.

4. police patrols almost non-existent! I'd prefer to see more police patrols because at the moment you feel like you can act in the most disgraceful manner without any repercussions. I'd much prefer to have to worry about being "caught in the act" by patrolling cops.

5. police do not react to your actions. The rare times you do see police car patrols you can speed past them and do all kinds of traffic violations without any reaction from the cops whatsoever! COMPLETELY IMMERSIONS-BREAKING!

6. The vast open-world city is wasted. Why bother going garden-hopping in neighbourhoods or entering multi-story buildings when there's nothing to do there! Rockstar should have made the world more alive.
    1. It really depends of what character your using like Franklin could get cars w/out breaking glass causing no alarms. Its great for getting a cop car in a heist mission w/out alerting any cops.
    2. Agreed but there still some rare cars can only buy in the internet but i still prefer protagonist car due it is quite harder comparing a modded car to some expensive cars. There performance seems the same unless i am driving some sort SUV, slow cars, heavy cars and etc.
    3. Nope breaking cars cause alarms and sometimes NPC will report you. I am gonna say there are some sort improvement in the gameplay. Personally i felt like they copied Watch dog mechanics but in Watch dog getting a perk that removes car alarms makes that mechanic useless in that game.
    4. Really there are some events involving police chase everywhere except for Trevor's district but there's always an event of shootout in Trevor's place. Like really i am playing tennis with Michael's house and i am hearing some sirens.
    5. Lol having traffic mechanic in the game will lead to tons of frustration. Like really characters in GTA are professional criminals. They could easily bribe the cops. Also in the game some of my cars have been impounded.
    6. Agreed especially with the properties that can be buy in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post

I have completed 50 story missions as of now, and yeah it has it's annoying moments. It started of great, the jewellry store and the appearance of Trevor were the early highlights, but it really went downhill from there. Again you're just the lackey of government agencies, I hate that. They should rather let us play a corrupt cop in the next game/dlc (like Alonzo from Training Day, Tenpenny or Francis McReary from GTA) but not this. It's so annoying, I do all that ridiculous stuff for free. Some heists like the Merryweather assault were disappointing, and that not only in payoff. Besides Lester there are no good, lasting non playable characters. The story is way too short to have 3 playable protagonists who all have their own acquaintances. And then they stuff in unnecessary characters like that tow truck crack whore who has no relevance but gives you 2 boring tow truck missions.
    Still, I like the 3 protags system.

But what really pisses me off is the physic engine. It worked so good in IV, but here I have so many freak accidents, I don't know how many times I died in a stupid way.

Still, I like it more than IV because of setting/city, soundtrack etc-
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; May 01, 2015 at 04:43 AM.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: GTAV now on PC - 60 FPS silky smooth goodness

Does anybody have any idea how to find the modding community for this, or tutorials of how to make mods for this?

Ive searched the interwebz and cant find anything like we have here at TWC for GTA V.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

^ I haven't looked but the latest patch supposedly disables the ability to run mods even in SP.

I'm plenty happy with it for $40. I played through it in a month on the PS3 and then re-sold it for a $10 loss. That was two years ago so all in all, it's like I only bought the game once. And the performance is just staggeringly good. Do people understand the talent at Rockstar to be able to make something like this that runs at over 60fps even on an i3/GTX 750 build?

Now talent is one thing. Rockstar has also proven to be complete shite when it comes to treating people correctly. The online runs like garbage. Downloading patches is a mess.

To anyone running a GTX 970 and up, TURN ON DSR, tick all the boxes up to 1.78x and set smoothness to something like 15% and enjoy playing at 1440p on your 1080 monitor. It makes a huge difference and only costs maybe 10fps at the most. With an i5 4670 and the 970, I'm pushing 80fps with it on and most bells ticked Ultra.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Does anybody have any idea how to find the modding community for this, or tutorials of how to make mods for this?

Ive searched the interwebz and cant find anything like we have here at TWC for GTA V.
    Try reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/gta5
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Be careful about modding... apparently Rockstar have started banning people using mods.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

At least they arent charging for it

Touché
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

nah, people who didn't disable thier mods before going into MP got banned for using mods in MP. SP is fine.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

I guess the problem is that some SP mods were using DLL files that essentially made it indistinguishable from MP mods. Rockstar has confirmed that SP mods are fine but watch for DLL files.

I've recently been messing around in SP with Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D. GTA 5 is nearly perfect in 3D. It's an amazing experience. I spent two hours just driving around as Trevor in the northern wilderness.

I picked up a wired pair of Nvidia glasses on ebay for $30. Of course you must have a 3D monitor and supporting GPU.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

This article by Seanbaby pretty much sums up my thoughts on GTA V.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-critics-love-about-gta-v-that-actually-suck/

Especially #5 and #3 hits the nail on the head:

Satire and parody are more complicated than Scary Movie 11 would have you believe. You need to do more than point at social trends and call a dwarf casting agency. For instance, the GTA V writers explore fertile comedy ground with the idea of women being dumb whores. Any idiot will tell you that ridicule is a hilarious alternative to leering when you're dealing with giant-breasted sluts, butGTA attacks with no wit. And when you mock something without wit, you're just a cranky bully.

Rockstar Games, consider a little cultural responsibility. You're not angsty teenagers poking fun at the establishment anymore. As one of the largest media properties, you're absolutely the establishment. Go ahead and mock culture, but "culture" is something you're kind of in charge of now. And when you have a mini-game about yanking teeth out of an innocent, shrieking prisoner, that's not cutely naughty. That's criminally insane.

There's some harsh language but honestly, the game is summed up in those two pages. The good, and the bad.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

^
    Well, for a guy who critisizes GTA's comedy value he's pretty unfunny too. He could be a GTA writer himself.

But I kinda agree with his points. GTA is not a clever, witty satire, it's pretty pubertal. Maybe that's why older fans don't like it anymore, they've grown out of it. There's still some funny bits, I loved the return of DJ Fernando Martinez.

What disturbs me more are points 4 and 2. Really, I don't know why R* chose such boring activities/missions like truck towing and triathlons and leave out casino gambling. It's a shame because the beatuful map has such potential, I hope the use it in a SP dlc.

As much as I like the 3 character system, the story was really average, pretty poor for R* standards.

Looks like they put the emphasis on Online too much. Which is pretty great except for the horrible loading times and connection problems.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; May 14, 2015 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    ^
    Well, for a guy who critisizes GTA's comedy value he's pretty unfunny too. He could be a GTA writer himself.

But I kinda agree with his points. GTA is not a clever, witty satire, it's pretty pubertal. Maybe that's why older fans don't like it anymore, they've grown out of it. There's still some funny bits, I loved the return of DJ Fernando Martinez.

What disturbs me more are points 4 and 2. Really, I don't know why R* chose such boring activities/missions like truck towing and triathlons and leave out casino gambling. It's a shame because the beatuful map has such potential, I hope the use it in a SP dlc.

As much as I like the 3 character system, the story was really average, pretty poor for R* standards.

Looks like they put the emphasis on Online too much. Which is pretty great except for the horrible loading times and connection problems.
    At least they got strip club somewhat right! Hopefully Hooker animation will get nude. This is a mature game after all.

Agreed the activities are boring even the single player mission is too damn short. Hopefully Rockstar would make an update w/ single campaign allowing the player to plan an heist in single campaign w/out doing single player campaign. Also Rockstar would release some modding tools for GTA5.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Am I the only one who realise, and correct me if I'm wrong, that Steam increased the price of this game before the Summer Sale began? So that it says 25% off but really it's less than 10%.

I wasn't paying attention to the currency but it was 59.99 the other day when I looked but now it says 55.48 marked down for 73.97

Uh yeah they increased the price.... for me it says 25 % discount but actually its just 2 bucks cheaper than it was yesterday (it was 99 brazilian reais, now it is 97 r$ with the 25 % discount)
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR