Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bigger font (Tested-Confirmed working)

Default Re: Bigger font (Tested-Confirmed working)

My friend tried other font than the standard font of the game, it looks great outside but in game it is a real disaster so I think we will stick the standard font now

Hi, thanks for doing this mod in the first place good work! Game is getting playable.

for me second verison is a little to small, it's starting getting edgy. What is the size difference between first and second version?

Ender_7's Avatar Libertus

I still think it's a little too large, some text still gets cut off and looks weird. But the new version is much better, thanks for this.
    The best solution might be to make different size versions if possible, so everyone can choose.

Another problem is that some letters are larger than others, and it looks really weird. I'm not sure if this is because of the mod or the original fonts behave like this if they're made bigger. See this screenshot for what I mean:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ender_7...336?tab=public
    Last edited by Ender_7; April 02, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

Anyone got crash after using the new font? the first big one is okay but the improved one tends to cause text disappearing like quote text

but I don't know

I began to use this new font with also applied some mod like 20% faster reload, and radious upkeep mod, also cheat the money for a hundred grand

the problem is I don't know which of em causing the crash, is it one of the mod, use of cheat, or this text mod?

and it just have to crash after a wonderful battle with heroic victory, damn it

I have crashes now too. I don't have any other mods. My case scenario:

I play one battle - everything all right, then when next battle occur I got crash on loading screen of the battle.

edit:

changed to first version - no crashes. must be something with the mod.
    Last edited by Fompt; April 02, 2011 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fompt View Post
    Hi, thanks for doing this mod in the first place good work! Game is getting playable.

for me second verison is a little to small, it's starting getting edgy. What is the size difference between first and second version?
    'Game is getting playable'. For God's sake, why do people throw this word 'unplayable' around all the time? Especially when speaking about the size of text! So, if you have to lean forwards a little to read something, then the game is unplayable is it?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

I have crashes now too. I don't have any other mods. My case scenario:

I play one battle - everything all right, then when next battle occur I got crash on loading screen of the battle.
    Then it's confirmed that the new font mod causing the crash?

I too got crash on loading screen, and sometimes there's no quote there

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    'Game is getting playable'. For God's sake, why do people throw this word 'unplayable' around all the time? Especially when speaking about the size of text! So, if you have to lean forwards a little to read something, then the game is unplayable is it?
    A little?? Are u drunk? People whose vertical resolution is lower than 960 can barely read a thing!

And if this was a freaking FPS it wouldn't matter, but this is a strategy game and all those small texts are important, oh well, I can read just fine when my face is 20 cm from the monitor, but would you?!

can't read the text in strategy game = unplayable
    Last edited by wuhugm; April 02, 2011 at 03:00 PM.

Getting playable means that with this mod I can play for more than 10 minutes not worrying about my eyes going to explode. If you don't need to read thats your way to deal with world. And about leaning, if I lean to read that means my head will be integrated with my laptop. Thanks for your input, world is definitely more interesting knowing you are somewhere there...

I got some crash too, sorry you all, we will test it more careful again. Please revert to use the first version

No problem, I'll gladly help in testing.

I used this mod for 2 days never got a crash you sure some of you aren't using other mods?

Yep, sure. Currently using first one - no crashes. Only second version is buggy.

Reconfirmed using the first patch no crash after 39 turns (with other mods activated and also money cheat)

The second patch crashed after 14 turns, restarted the game and crashed during the creation of new campaign

I really like the style of the second patch though

My bad yeah it is messed up I just never installed the second version. Still using the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
    Then it's confirmed that the new font mod causing the crash?

I too got crash on loading screen, and sometimes there's no quote there

A little?? Are u drunk? People whose vertical resolution is lower than 960 can barely read a thing!

And if this was a freaking FPS it wouldn't matter, but this is a strategy game and all those small texts are important, oh well, I can read just fine when my face is 20 cm from the monitor, but would you?!

can't read the text in strategy game = unplayable
    1440 x 900 here - and all I have to do is lean forwards. A little. Perhaps you need glasses?
    Last edited by SonOfCrusader76; April 03, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Ender_7's Avatar Libertus

1440 x 900 here - and all I have to do is lean forwards. A little. Perhaps you need glasses?
    Please stop the flaming mate. This is the whole point of mods, changing the main game if possible to suit everybody's tastes. Fact is, the blurry fonts have been around since Empire, and I'm having this problem at the same resolution as yours. Be thankfull that you can enjoy the game without small but annoying issues such as this one and stop saying ridiculous things like "lean forward a little more".

So on topic then, how's the mod working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender_7 View Post
    Please stop the flaming mate. This is the whole point of mods, changing the main game if possible to suit everybody's tastes. Fact is, the blurry fonts have been around since Empire, and I'm having this problem at the same resolution as yours. Be thankfull that you can enjoy the game without small but annoying issues such as this one and stop saying ridiculous things like "lean forward a little more".

So on topic then, how's the mod working for you?
    I'm not the one doing the flaming. All I said was you only have to lean forwards a little, and the guy called me 'drunk'. As to how it's working for me, it's the same as Empire: the font is bigger, but it overlaps outside of text boxes. Also, I don't like Empire's font being used for this game - if there was a way to make the font used for vanilla bigger, that would be ideal.

I only said that you have to lean forwards a little because people were posting ridiculous things like the game not being playable because of the font(!) I'm not having a go at the mod - only at people going on about the game 'being nearly playable' now. I'm not saying that the font CA are using is in any way ideal, but it certainly doesn't render the game unplayable.

I'm also having this problem as shown in your screen:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by SonOfCrusader76; April 03, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

Sorry, I guess you're not drunk

but I think the action called "lean" is that thing u do in short period of time, like when u're behind a pillar and u lean to the right or the left to blow enemy's head

I think lean would lose it's purpose if it's done all the time no and unlike reading codex in Dragon Age 2 (maybe) which requires leaning while reading them, TW requires you to read all the time

The problem isn't just in resolution of the game, I tried running game on 1920x1080 (sony bravia LCD TV) and font was still like 1366x768. Maybe it's a problem with certain graphic cards, don't know. The fact is that on my it's really bad (GF 240m 1GB), and vanilla is unplayable (10 minutes playing max - that is unplayable for me).

DA2 mentioned above - no problems.

Thing about screenshots, I made few on vanilla version and weird thing, font on screenshot looks better then in game

DA2 mentioned above - no problems.
    Hehe, can't find any other comparison where u only need to read once in a while, DA2 texts are easy to read yea

Then maybe it's just hate Nvidia?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast