Thread: Too much waiting can burn the cake! ;)

Default Too much waiting can burn the cake! ;)

guys,

As I always say, I can never appreciate enough your work. But still there is something you should be aware of. Recently you got some criticism about some vanilla skins here and there.

I know you have put a lot of efford into the mod. However please don't try to make the uber-mod straight away. Release a version 1.0 even with the less good looking skins. Have a respond back from community, and take some rest while the release pressure is gone. Meanwhile more enthusiaslic people will offer their job to your team and things get even easier from then.

Don't forget RTR didn't come straight away as it is today. It developed over sometime. Meanwhile sone fans even from China have offered their help. Let the community grow with you and don't ry to make the perfect product straight away.

I would release a BETA 0.1 within two weeks. No worries about other factions vanilla skins. It will come step for step...

Cheers
    Houman

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well the problem is that we've had to rebuild the campaign map from the ground up because we had problems with the last one that couldn't be fixed. When we get the map sorted again, then you can have your beta. I can't imagine that you'd want to play a beta with no map!

I agree with you're sentiments houmie and if it were up to us the beta would have been out on the new year. But trying to fix the old ctd and now making a brand new map has taken up a lot of time. In that time we've tried to further the development of our Mod but the release is our top priority. Thanks for the encouragement and hold on for a bit more. Everyone is doing their best

Oh I didn't know you guys are rebuilding the whole map again. I thought you were stuck in tuning the skins. In that case it is understandable of course.

Yea tuning the skins is not on our pre-beta-to-do-list. I'll post some of the new campaign maps soon, to show you guys the progress.

Hmm logged in as Achaemenid again. I'm Nero666

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by Achaemenid
    Hmm logged in as Achaemenid again. I'm Nero666
    Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind incase you ever get suspended from TWC.