Thread: Family Tree Editing

Default Family Tree Editing

I am trying to figure out how to edit the clan family through the ESF editor. I am using .6 sice .8 doesn't seem to do much other than add traits successfully, but I'm not sure .6 is up to it either. Has anyone had any luck with this? All I've tried so far is changing underage daughters (infants) to sons but I can't figure out all of the spots that would have to be changed.
    In light of the fact that the "fertile" trait for wives apparently does absolutely nothing, I thought this would be the best way to get more useful kids into my clan.

Default Re: Family Tree Editing

I'm very interested in seeing how you progress But unfortunately I'm having no luck with ESF editor at all, or taw's tools, so unless you tell me the files to dig through with a hex-editor and then go "for-funsies" test them in the game 1-at-a-time, I'm not really able to help. :\

good luck though!

edit: ALTHOUGH, if you got a birth to occur and had a quicksave or a savegame just before that and then one after, I could probably do a quick file comparison and be able to figure it out.

Default Re: Family Tree Editing

hey Rubeus sounds awesome. i just happen to have a savegame from the turn before a daughter was born and the turn after.
    The daughter is the last character in the character array. the 20th character up from the bottom is my daimyo's young son, for comparison. looking at CHARACTER the 11th line is True/False - I believed this was a gender line, true = male, false = female. but the first entry in the character array is my daimyo's wife if you want to compare, and that line for her is also True. same with 2nd and 3rd characters, my general and daimyo. The gender might be the 9th line in CHARACTER_DETAILS which is also True/False - that one does seem to consistently be true for male and false for female. the second to last line says male_minister_number or female_minister_number for wives and children, no difference for wives and daughters. i am not sure if this is a portrait number or a position/agent-type - for generals it says general_number, for my daimyo it says chosokabe_daimyo. two lines up from that is the agent type i think - monk, minister, general. i am assuming the parentage is in the CHARACTER_DETAILS but can't figure out where.
    the 16th line in CHARACTER is a number, sandwiched between two true/false lines; i believe it is the turn on which the character is generated. so for example my daughter says "24" being created technically at the end of the previous turn rather than the beginning of the next turn.
    for parentage: i was hoping there would be an entry like in Empire that showed the age at which a parent had each kid. looking at the daimyo's wife, first entry, the only digit changes from 23 to 24. i am assuming this is just like turn number or turns alive since it corresponds to that. i can't see any changes in the daimyo's entry either reflecting that he has had another kid...
    not sure this will lead to anything, there are too many entries i can't identify.