Thread: No promotion loss from casualities

Default No promotion loss from casualities

I had a unit of Kisho ninjas perform really well throughout the campaign, but at one point I lost like half of them, and after they replenished, they dropped from promotion 5 to promotion 4, which is really annoying considering the work I put into that. I suggest a mod that makes units keep their promotion levels as long as they survive.

Default Re: No promotion loss from casualities

Aye - It sounds a bug. Maybe CA will add the patch with AA / DX11 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoo View Post
    Aye - It sounds a bug. Maybe CA will add the patch with AA / DX11 soon.
    Actually I doubt very much its a bug at all, previous total wars have worked on the same premise. the idea is the rank is a measure of the experience that unit has earned in battle, when a significant number of that unit has been killed the replacements being inexperienced reduce the units overall rank, which realistically makes perfect sense.

Makes sense to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by stev666 View Post
    Actually I doubt very much its a bug at all, previous total wars have worked on the same premise. the idea is the rank is a measure of the experience that unit has earned in battle, when a significant number of that unit has been killed the replacements being inexperienced reduce the units overall rank, which realistically makes perfect sense.
    Correct - it's not a bug and it has been in TW for years.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium