Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Extended Campaign Victory Conditions (Updated 24/03/2012)

Patton's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Extended Campaign Victory Conditions

sorry mate it was zorphans
    anyone can win a battle only a military genius can keep an army supplied.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Patton View Post
    sorry mate it was zorphans
    No problem. That actually helps, as i believe that is the source of your problem then, because zorphon used the old startpos.esf the game reads it and thinks the game is pirated. So I advise that no one uses that version.

Give me some time and I'll have a new file up, one which extends all campaigns to 1640.

Patton's Avatar Civis

What can I say that would be awsome. Huge TY and as much rep as I could give you!

Ok I've edited my OP, you will now find another mod which extends all campaign victory conditions to 1640.

@zorphon
    could I request that you remove the file you posted in order to prevent others from facing these problems. thanks

Patton's Avatar Civis

Thank you Spartan =)

Yes I will remove it, sorry about that everybody; I totally spaced the fact that the new patch.pack included an updated version of the startpos.esf. Not used to it being embedded inside of a .pack .
    Thank you spartan for adding it to your OP, as I prefer that version.
    Again, sorry to any problems that occurred from my stupidity, I was just trying to help.
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

@zorphon
    lol. Dont make yourself small. Man it was a mistake that could happen to everybody, nothing bad happend. Ok i must restart the campaign but thats it, nobody was hurt . ^^

---

Thanks spartan.

Spartan Warrior - Thank you very much for this nice tweak!

+rep

Thanks for this, now I can finally turtle the way I like it THAAAAAAANK YOU! +rep

Does this work with previous save games? If I try to load a previous campaign, will it CTD or can the save get corrupted? Anyway, thanks for the mod, it was much needed! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by xxon View Post
    Does this work with previous save games? If I try to load a previous campaign, will it CTD or can the save get corrupted? Anyway, thanks for the mod, it was much needed! +rep
    No this doesn't work with saved games. You need to start a new campaign to get the extended victory conditions. However, you can still continue playing from previous saved games, you won't get a CTD or anything, but of course the victory conditions will still be the vanilla ones.

Ok, thanks for your reply! Awesome mod nonetheless

Patton's Avatar Civis

Everything is runing fine now, again thank you Spartan

Patton's Avatar Civis

LOL NP Zorphon, I just wanted to flag that point was all.
    Peace

Awesome! I'll definitely use this mod

Hi Spartan, first thank you for your fantastic mod, I love it. I was working on making a mod to have 12 turns (monthly) per year. However, I realized that I would have to edit the startpos.esf and would conflict with your mod. I have decided (without your permission yet) to combine your extended campaign mod with my 12 turns/year addition in the same startpos.esf. I would ask your permission to publish it here for those who wish to use both.

Every turn is equivalent to one month. Season would change every 3 months as they should. Generals age were kept tracked on a yearly basis so there is no conflict. I believe the 12 turns mod worked with save game but not the extended mod according to Spartan.
    Last edited by langtutheky; April 03, 2011 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by langtutheky View Post
    Hi Spartan, first thank you for your fantastic mod, I love it. I was working on making a mod to have 12 turns (monthly) per year. However, I realized that I would have to edit the startpos.esf and would conflict with your mod. I have decided (without your permission yet) to combine your extended campaign mod with my 12 turns/year addition in the same startpos.esf. I would ask your permission to publish it here for those who wish to use both.

Every turn is equivalent to one month. Season would change every 3 months as they should. Generals age were kept tracked on a yearly basis so there is no conflict. I believe the 12 turns mod worked with save game but not the extended mod according to Spartan.

Sweet more turn to play got questions :

I'm using All in One MOD + DarthMOD (released by ToonTotalWar and Darth Vader) ... and I'm planing to change it the way I like it for my own personal use... I intend to reduce the global number of units that can be spawned and kept.... I keep the limit of 20 units in one stack ... but you will need to have more than ~7 provinces to be able to support that kind of army ...

What I would like from you is this ... How can I change to add 12 turns per year and make the seasons last 3 turns/months each ... also ... is there possible to edit how much soldiers you are loosing if you end your turn into enemy provinces in the winter ?! (I'm interested to set it to 10% per month... that will result into 30% army loss if you stay for a full winter... god bless the ninja if I will have the funds for their actions)

Since I use the increased campaign and it ends in the year 1640 ... with 12 turn/year ... that means a lot of turns in the total ... how I can reduce a little bit the cities growth rate and increase the building time ?!
    Kids in the back seats causes accidents .
    Accidents in the back seats causes kids .

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity at End View Post
    Sweet more turn to play got questions :

I'm using All in One MOD + DarthMOD (released by ToonTotalWar and Darth Vader) ... and I'm planing to change it the way I like it for my own personal use... I intend to reduce the global number of units that can be spawned and kept.... I keep the limit of 20 units in one stack ... but you will need to have more than ~7 provinces to be able to support that kind of army ...

What I would like from you is this ... How can I change to add 12 turns per year and make the seasons last 3 turns/months each ... also ... is there possible to edit how much soldiers you are loosing if you end your turn into enemy provinces in the winter ?! (I'm interested to set it to 10% per month... that will result into 30% army loss if you stay for a full winter... god bless the ninja if I will have the funds for their actions)

Since I use the increased campaign and it ends in the year 1640 ... with 12 turn/year ... that means a lot of turns in the total ... how I can reduce a little bit the cities growth rate and increase the building time ?!
    What I suggest is using this mod i uploaded since it had Spartan's extended campaign mod in there too so you do not need to mess with the startpos.esf

Here is what I did for my mod: in order to change the the turns you need to unpacked the startpos.esf from patch.pack using PFM then with ESFeditor you can edit the turns under campaign/campaign_env/calendar (I don't remember exactly) by switch the number 4 into 12 then save and make a mod.

With the losing soldiers during winter I think you are talking about attrition values. I am sure this value can be modded but you need to look into patch's database. I am not an expert on this so I cannot tell you anything. However, you might come into conflict with darthmod or realism mod since both edited units' values.

For the sake of cities growth rate, currently I am using "Food requirement, GDP, Happiness/Repression mod v1.07". This mod pretty much suppressed the spamming castles and higher tier cities. The economy was working out fine with me, the pace is perfect.

To increase building time, again, I do not have knowledge on this field so I cannot help you, sorry. I am sure you could mess around with the database. In realism, the archer ashigaru's recruitment time is increased to 2 turns so it is possible to increase the building times to fit your need.

Great work !!

But personnally 12 is too much for me i tried edit a startpos but everytime save corrupt the .esf, too bad :x

KaMy's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by langtutheky View Post

I can't thanks you enought i wanted a mod like that so much ! Huge thanks

PS: I hope that Spartan won't mind about your work, even put it in the 1st post or even integrate it in a version and / or propose a stand alone as we don't need the additional years with it.
    Last edited by KaMy; April 03, 2011 at 09:17 AM.