Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Extended Campaign Victory Conditions (Updated 24/03/2012)

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Default Extended Campaign Victory Conditions (Updated 24/03/2012)

With the release of Fall of the Samurai, I have updated my mod to extend the length of all three campaigns. Since the patch also had newer versions of both the original Shogun 2 and Rise of the Samurai campaign startpos.esf files I updated those as well to use the latest versions.

With my mod the original Shogun 2 campaign now ends at 1600 for short, 1620 for long, and 1640 for domination. For the Rise of the Samurai campaign it now ends at 1230 for short, 1250 for long, and 1270 for domination. And for Fall of the Samurai the campaigns are now 1874 for short, 1877 for long, and 1880 for domination.

Also for those who wish to have very long campaigns, I have added a second version of my mod which extends all campaign lengths to 1640 for S2, 1270 for RotS, and 1880 for FotS.

A big thanks to CA for giving us information about their changes to the ESF format, and for Taw for taking this info and giving us tools to use.

SW
    Last edited by spartan_warrior; March 24, 2012 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: Extended Campaign Victory Conditions

i know Yarkis from TROM was having trouble with editing this causing savegame corruption. have you fixed that?

Quote Originally Posted by madpluck View Post
    i know Yarkis from TROM was having trouble with editing this causing savegame corruption. have you fixed that?
    Would also like to know this. I would download this mod in a heart beat if you have fixed the issue of the saves corrupting. I don't want to screw up any saves, but I really want the extended victory condition date. Looking forward to your reply as it will determine whether or not I download this.
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

Perhaps you need to start a new campaign with this mod. I'll try it anyway and if it doesn't work just remove it from the data folder.
    Last edited by Jihada; March 28, 2011 at 09:09 PM.

I just checked this out and neither my manual save nor the auto save were corrupted in the campaign which I've started since implementing this mod. Previous saved games should still work (I haven't checked this but I believe they still will), but they won't have the extended victory conditions just the vanilla end dates. So you will need to start a new campaign for this mod to take effect.

Edit:
    What may have been corrupting previous attempts at extending the campaign was the Pack File Manager. I had tried before without success, but I since downloading version 1.6.2 of the PFM it now seems to be working fine.

SW
    Last edited by spartan_warrior; March 28, 2011 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    I just checked this out and neither my manual save nor the auto save were corrupted in the campaign which I've started since implementing this mod. Previous saved games should still work (I haven't checked this but I believe they still will), but they won't have the extended victory conditions just the vanilla end dates. So you will need to start a new campaign for this mod to take effect.

Edit:
    What may have been corrupting previous attempts at extending the campaign was the Pack File Manager. I had tried before without success, but I since downloading version 1.6.2 of the PFM it now seems to be working fine.

SW
    That's reassuring.

I'll hold off just for a bit to see if it's working good for everything, but I will definitely be watching this! I needed an extended game.
    My machine:

Yes it seems to work fine. I started a new long campaign to 1620 and saved a few times ok.
    +rep for the work

Nice Mod !

I tried a new campaign as chosokabe, played 5 years no problem yet.

Hi all, I've created a small mod which extends the victory conditions of the campaign. With this mod the victory conditions have been extended to 1600 for all short campaigns, 1620 for the long campaigns, and 1640 for the domination campaigns. The mod is saved as a movie pack so you can just drop it in your data folder. Also, it should be compatible with any other mod which doesn't change the startpos.esf

SW

Thanks Spartan ... I was using esfEditor to alter my Save File campaign, changing the number of turns per year in order to slow the game time down to match my play style [read-slow]. I was worried it would alter the game balance, as the game progressed, so much it would be hard to finish. This gives me what I want, extended play, without messing with turns per year.

A big thank you for making this modification. Hopefully, it's compatible with Realism mod. I know you said it should work. [fingers crossed]

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    Yes it seems to work fine. I started a new long campaign to 1620 and saved a few times ok.
    +rep for the work
    Sweet, this and the next couple posters after you are enough reassurance to make me give it a go.

@OP, if you don't mind me asking: what are the fields that you edited in the startpos.esf just out of curiosity? I tried extending victory condition dates and stuff before you posted this but I didn't know all the fields I had to edit.
    My machine:

Nice! Thanks OP!

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    Sweet, this and the next couple posters after you are enough reassurance to make me give it a go.

@OP, if you don't mind me asking: what are the fields that you edited in the startpos.esf just out of curiosity? I tried extending victory condition dates and stuff before you posted this but I didn't know all the fields I had to edit.
    The fields in the startpos.esf which I had to edit were under the heading campaign_preopen_map_info, and under that there was a heading victory_conditions_options. Within that there is a list of all the factions, you just have to find the 10 playable factions and within each of those you will find the end dates and the number of provinces required for each campaign length.

Also anyone who does decide to edit these here's a tip, the hattori are not listed under their own name like all the other factions. Instread they are listed as the iga_ninja, it took me a while to find them

theres the mod i was waiting for

+rep
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Hi all, I've created a small mod which extends the victory conditions of the campaign. With this mod the victory conditions have been extended to 1600 for all short campaigns, 1620 for the long campaigns, and 1640 for the domination campaigns. The mod is saved as a movie pack so you can just drop it in your data folder. Also, it should be compatible with any other mod which doesn't change the startpos.esf
    One question: If campaigns are short=1600,Long=1620 and Domination = 1640, why it would't be better at on another side: domination 1600, long 1620 and 1640 for short?
    You know that domination campaign have lot doing than in short campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    One question: If campaigns are short=1600,Long=1620 and Domination = 1640, why it would't be better at on another side: domination 1600, long 1620 and 1640 for short?
    I don't understand this?
    My machine:

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    huh? Shouldn't Domination have the longest of duration, hence 1640 due to the need of steamrolling every single part of Japan under your sandals?
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

nevermind then >_>

Verry cool and thankyou and also thankyou to all testers.

Nice one - the game could do with being longer. What I'd like to know is when did Sengoku Jidai actually end historically? Was it in 1640?

Either way, all this does is extend the campaign deadline, yes? It doesn't mess around with building times/unit recruitment times? If not, I may as well start my Date campaign again.

Edit: Any chance of a version that ends in 1640 for campaigns other than Domination?

Actually, it seems a pretty easy mod to do, I might have a look at it myself. Thanks for your work anyway.
    Last edited by SonOfCrusader76; March 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Going to try it. Thnx

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast