Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Defunct Ab Urbe Condita Thread (from TE Gold)

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita (for TE Gold 0.7)

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    There are probs in desc_strat,ie a port is in wrong location,and Taras is near baktria? Please check. I still have probs with baktrian phalanx,elephra given to them with wrong texture.
    Taras was originally a baktrian settlement: I changed the name and rebel faction; shouldnt be any problems with that.

Which port has problems?

I'll check the elaphra now.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Sorry I altered the descr_strat to play the game. It wouldn't load Imp Campaigns,I got an error message upon escaping. There are other probs,but haven't debugged them yet. I forgot to write down the errors. Taras I know as Talaz,so missed that. Game loads it as Britons province,so my confusion.

How does it not load up campaigns? I just tested every faction without any problems =/

I also fixed the elaphra pikemen there, should work fine.

Taras has just been renamed and set to default creator "Britons", and given their factional ownership. Although it will be listed as an original Baktrian/Parthian settlement it is now barbarian, and will have no problems in the campaign map proper.

Same applies for a lot of my units: some of them have strange names in EDU/EDB/descr_strat, but they all work fine =P

Uploading 1.6 now; contains 2 final units (campanian cavalry, massilian hoplite) and a few bug fixes (eg. elaphra pikemen, carthaginian quinqueremes etc)

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

The game froze upon trying Campaign,I used escape to exit and found error message about port in an invalid tile. I did not get to a faction selection,only after I removed the port. The Britons means I am able to use my diplomat to set up an alliance with Britons,even though I am in Baktria. Wouldn't parthia or scythia be a better option? Britons near Parthia is way off from Britain. Tourists nah? ^_* I would select parthia due to what details I have of Talaz from the RTW factions.

Anyway appreciate the work.

Merci.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    The game froze upon trying Campaign,I used escape to exit and found error message about port in an invalid tile. I did not get to a faction selection,only after I removed the port. The Britons means I am able to use my diplomat to set up an alliance with Britons,even though I am in Baktria. Wouldn't parthia or scythia be a better option? Britons near Parthia is way off from Britain. Tourists nah? ^_* I would select parthia due to what details I have of Talaz from the RTW factions.

Anyway appreciate the work.

Merci.
    What port/tile was it?

I dont understand; I have a housemate who tests my games for me on his computer (pure vanilla installation with ALEX expansion) and it works a charm for him.
    Last edited by Zipzopdippidybopbop; September 20, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

UPDATE - As Megaupload has been taken down (Thank you ever so much FBI/SOPA ¬_¬) I have had to upload the mod onto Gamefront instead. Other than that there is no change to v1.6!

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

This is working with 1.5 RTW or i need Alexander ?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian_BGX View Post
    This is working with 1.5 RTW or i need Alexander ?
    The latest version needs Alexander to run properly; sorry mate - needed it to include the extra units =/

Thanks.

One more thing.

What city triggers Marian Reforms? any specific terms?

can i install Candelarius Addon Mod on Ab Urbe Condita?
    Last edited by Praetorian_BGX; February 06, 2012 at 02:13 PM.

."
    -Thucydides

Thanks.

One more thing.

What city triggers Marian Reforms? any specific terms?

can i install Candelarius Addon Mod on Ab Urbe Condita?
    I have not tested my mod in conjunction with any addons...... feel free to give it a try, but I would insist upon a backup of your game being created in this instance.

Also the construction of a Huge Palace in any of the following cities will trigger the reforms:

Carthago Nova
    Carthage
    Rome
    Avaricum
    Camulodunum
    Pella
    Antioch
    Alexandria
    Messana

(I should also note that the legionary 1st cohorts are only available in the aforementioned regions).

Building a palace in Rome alone should trigger it like (if you are like me in that you only want your capital to be a huge city =P)
    Last edited by Zipzopdippidybopbop; February 08, 2012 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post
    Also the construction of a Huge Palace in any of the following cities will trigger the reforms:

Carthago Nova
    Carthage
    Rome
    Avaricum
    Camulodunum
    Pella
    Antioch
    Alexandria

(I should also note that the legionary 1st cohorts are only available in the aforementioned regions).

Building a palace in Rome alone should trigger it like (if you are like me in that you only want your capital to be a huge city =P)

i already built imperial palace in Rome and Capua and no reforms. Is there any specific date?

legionary 1st cohorts built from those regions are named or not?

."
    -Thucydides

i already built imperial palace in Rome and Capua and no reforms. Is there any specific date?

legionary 1st cohorts built from those regions are named or not?
    Seems that construction in Rome alone doesnt work....

Try Rome and any of those I mentioned in the last post there.

Also yes, the cohorts from those regions are named (eg. ones in Rome are Legio Italica, ones in Carthago Nova are the Legio Hispana etc)

Ender Seldon's Avatar Laetus

Hello all, how does one install this when using steam? my Alexander installed separately, and not within Rome Gold. When installing EB 1.2 for Alexander I had to download a separate file, anything of that sort needed here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender Seldon View Post
    Hello all, how does one install this when using steam? my Alexander installed separately, and not within Rome Gold. When installing EB 1.2 for Alexander I had to download a separate file, anything of that sort needed here?
    Hmm, 1st time presented with this issue. And my mod shouldnt be affected by Steam and non-Steam installations.

Try extracting the mod to your Steam/steamapps/common/rome total war folder.

Keep me updated!

Good man, will do, but for now I have to redownload Rome as in my impatience I went ahead and installed TE 5.1, and as that's not modfoldered Ive messed with the original files.

I'm guessing though it wont be as easy as that, doesnt this mod and any other mod that relies on Alexander not need the ALX.exe and other such files, and if these are in a separate folder iwouldnt that make it problematic?

Good man, will do, but for now I have to redownload Rome as in my impatience I went ahead and installed TE 5.1, and as that's not modfoldered Ive messed with the original files.

I'm guessing though it wont be as easy as that, doesnt this mod and any other mod that relies on Alexander not need the ALX.exe and other such files, and if these are in a separate folder iwouldnt that make it problematic?
    It shouldn't affect the installation; but if it does try copy/pasting your alexander.exe file to your rtw folder (only IF it doesnt work the 1st time =P).

Well, I cant seem to edit my own posts but I suppose I should make it clear that I don't mean Alexander is just in a separate folder within the Rome folder (isn't that normal anyway for non steam-users?). I mean in my steam/steamapps/common folder there is a Rome Total War Alexander folder and a Rome Total War Gold folder.

If I throw your mod into the normal Rome folder, wouldn't I get all the graphical enhancements but without the improved AI etc that Alexander provides?

Anyway, I suppose action will provide more answers than speculation, so I'll go ahead and do that now.

Well, I cant seem to edit my own posts but I suppose I should make it clear that I don't mean Alexander is just in a separate folder within the Rome folder (isn't that normal anyway for non steam-users?). I mean in my steam/steamapps/common folder there is a Rome Total War Alexander folder and a Rome Total War Gold folder.

If I throw your mod into the normal Rome folder, wouldn't I get all the graphical enhancements but without the improved AI etc that Alexander provides?

Anyway, I suppose action will provide more answers than speculation, so I'll go ahead and do that now.
    No my mod isn't installed into the Alexander folder anyway; in my installation the mod folder is located in my rome gold data folder, alongside BI and Alexander. Although your Alexander is separate my mod doesn't use any files from Alex (bar the .exe) so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Also, you should get the graphics increase regardless - provided you place it into your RTW Gold/data folder (as Alexander utilises RTW's main files for much of its gameplay - try to think of it as another mod in its structure and layout =P)

I installed the Terrae Expugnandae folder and TE bat from your zip folder into the Rome Gold folder and after that I copied over the data folder in your zip into the TE folder.
    I tried editing the bat so it starts off the RomeTW.exe and wasnt looking for the RomeTW-ALX.exe, that didnt work, I recieved this error;

"Database_Table error found: max records exceeded from file terrae_expugnandae/data/desr_model_battle.txt"

Afterwards I copied over Alexanders exe to the Gold folder, edited the bat to run off that and that wouldn't work because it couldnt find steam, steam being tied I presume to Alexanders own folder.

I even tried installing the mod straight into the Alexander folder, it launched fine, let me choose Provincial Campaign->Imperial Campaign but when I tried starting it it crashed with numerous couldn't locate errors.

I've made backups of both folders now anyway, so I'm actually gonna try copying over Alexander into gold and seeing if that works.

Curse steam!

I installed the Terrae Expugnandae folder and TE bat from your zip folder into the Rome Gold folder and after that I copied over the data folder in your zip into the TE folder.
    I tried editing the bat so it starts off the RomeTW.exe and wasnt looking for the RomeTW-ALX.exe, that didnt work, I recieved this error;

"Database_Table error found: max records exceeded from file terrae_expugnandae/data/desr_model_battle.txt"

Afterwards I copied over Alexanders exe to the Gold folder, edited the bat to run off that and that wouldn't work because it couldnt find steam, steam being tied I presume to Alexanders own folder.

I even tried installing the mod straight into the Alexander folder, it launched fine, let me choose Provincial Campaign->Imperial Campaign but when I tried starting it it crashed with numerous couldn't locate errors.

I've made backups of both folders now anyway, so I'm actually gonna try copying over Alexander into gold and seeing if that works.

Curse steam!
    1st off - the attached data folder needs to go into your RTW GOLD folder, not the TE one =P

2nd - 1st error is due to the unit limit being exceeded; thats why I use the Alexander exe (as it allows me to add more soldiers to the game), try copying your alex.exe file to your RTW Gold folder