Thread: New Units List

Default New Units List

I was bored so I started a list of possible units and gave them some discriptions. I'm still working on it so some things are off, most of the units are based on truth others may be more off. The Warrior monks are fleisable since they were trained in diffrent weapons and sometimes mounted.

Infantry

Axe

Ono Ashigaru

Simple Farmers, Woodsmen, Merchants and other commoners taking up arms against their enemies or even their Daimyo. In times of extreme circumstances the Daimyo may levee peasants into service to bluster their ranks, to defend their lands or in even more desperate times use them in their front lines. Often or not in times of war or rebellion the commoners use what weapons they get their hands on to over throw their oppressors, the Ono (axe) if available is favored and can inflict serious wounds even to armored men. These simple folk should not be looked upon to hold their ground for long, they have very little to no training in the art of Bushido and have little stomach for combat.

Strengths & Weakness
    Axes: bonus vs Armor
    Very Low morale and will rout at the first sign of danger

Battle field uses: Cheap, can be used for flanking engaged units were their axe can do damage to armored units.

Ono Warrior Monks

Warrior Monks are brave men who worship Buddha and fight with zeal unmatched by any samurai. These Warriors use the Uno or Axe to defend themselves and their temples. The Ono in the hands of an experienced warrior is a deadly weapon indeed, just as it can fail a mighty tree it can do the same with any opponent.

Strengths & Weakness

Standard Warrior monk traits
    Low defense

Battle field uses: Can fight any infantry but weak against Bow and Cavalry.

Mori Ono Sailors (Mori clan only)

These men are Hardened sea goers, the Ono or axe was a preferred weapon on ships were it could be used to cut ropes or chop Oars of the enemy ship to either repel grapples or disable the enemies ship. The sea shapes brave men and stout fighters, however they belong on the seas so fighting on land can prove difficult, still these men carry the Ono and can conflict considerable damage to armored troops.

Strengths & Weakness

Brave
    Low defense

Battle field uses: Flanking armored units.

Sword

Katana or No-Dachi Warrior Monks (Ikko-ikki, Shimazu and Uesugi)

Warrior Monks are brave men who worship Buddha and fight with zeal unmatched by any samurai. These Warriors use the No-Dachi or a Katana to defend themselves and their temples.

Strengths & Weakness

(not sure)

Battle field uses: Good against infantry but weak against Bow and Cavalry.

O-yoroi Warrior Monks (Uesugi, Ikko-ikki)

A rare slight indeed, seeing Warrior Monks cladded in heavy armor. Temples were offered much tribute, one tribute being some of the finest armors and weapons around. These men dawn the heavy armor to defend against would-be enemies to their sect or perhaps even for a bribe. They carry the Katana and Tantoshort sword into battle.

Strengths & Weakness
    Armored monk what more can I say?
    Very Slow
    Expensive
    Low unit numbers

Polearm & Spear

Oda Naginata Ashigaru (Oda Clan only)

Placing such a weapon in the hand of an Ashigaru seems like a prudent step, its such a dangerous weapon and after all strength in numbers! These men are slightly more trained then the typical folly Ashigaru, however they cost more to train and maintain.

Strengths & Weakness
    Standard Naginata bonus
    Little armor
    Cheaper then elites but higher then standard Ashigaru.

Battle field uses: Cheaper alterative to an all round useful weapon.

Ranged

Cavalry

Takeda & Oda Mounted Ashigaru (Takeda & Oda clan perhaps Ikko-ikki )

Desperate indeed is the Daimyo to mount Ashigaru! The Horse is not for lowly Ashigaru, however their cheap to maintain and their enthusiasm for being entitled such a magnificent beast could perhaps make for good scouts, flanking and running down routed units.

Strengths & Weakness
    Cheap to maintain
    Not disciplined & low morale
    larger numbers?

Battle field uses: Scouts, running down routed units and chasing mounted bow.

Mounted Warrior Monk Archers (Chosekbe, Takeda, Uesugi and Ikko-ikki Clans)

Mounted Warrior Monks (Takeda and Ikko-ikki Clans perhaps Uesugi )

Ships

Atakebune Tekkosen (Oda)
    A large Atakebune, its superstructure may have been reinforced with iron plates against cannon and fire arrows. Oda used them against Mori's navy and defeated them. They are armed with a few cannons and numerous large-caliber arquebuses

Mori Atakebune
    Similar to the above maybe?

Hero Units

pirate Kuki Yoshitaka hero (Oda)

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: New Units List

Wonderful list and a great first post at TWC. Hopefully someone like Swiss can implement some of them one day.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Icon7 Re: New Units List

here is the list of all units that are in the units_stats_land

i use an extension change program & notepad to get them
    i hope it helps...

Yeah nice list, there is another thread somewhere in the mod workshop with lots of talk regarding some of the weapons you have listed plus many more AND some fantastic photos. I will try and find the thread and post a link in my edit.

Edit: here it is (not in the workshop as I thought)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...&highlight=Ono
    Last edited by Actus Reus; March 28, 2011 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks and I hope so I've actually been here since the TWC opened, but I haven't registered since MTW2, (been with TW games since first STW) I had stop playing MP and wasnt invloved as much, but that may change cause I like the Co-op camp and Avatar conquest sounds alright but waiting for bugs to get fixed before I try those. I want to do the unit cards but my comp blow up and i'm waiting on my new one..

Edit: @Actus Reus I gave in a look over, I had the same ideas on some of the units but my list has some I didn't see there.
    Last edited by PrinceJohn; March 28, 2011 at 02:33 PM.

You could have easy posted this in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428766 so that we don't have like double post