Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove Flags on the back!

Default Re: Remove Flags on the back!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Why are people trying to make the game less and less historical? Sure the Horo isn't really as perfect as it was in real life, sure there are too many flags(I reckon there would have been like 1 flag for every 2 soldiers or so. At least that's what my idea was from Ran) but at least CA are trying.
    Gosh some people are just never happy
    That sounds a bit depressing, it's just people have different tastes and try to have them satisfied, especially when it's possible, so all is good now yes? I like the flags too, but not the horos, just because they absolutely don't look like the real horos. And it's such a great thing everybody gets his game as he wants by modding, is it not.

Remove them.

...history isnt always great.
    Epictetus: former slave and stoic philosopher

Does anyone know how to remove those flags from a specific unit? I would prefer warrior monks without them, but i like them on the rest of samurai. Making all flags invisilble is fairly easy, but they don't seem to be a part of equipment listed in variant files...

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

zyko, I think some people should read your thread again, I'm more than confidant that you didn't state they weren't inaccurate at all.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Any ideas yet on how to remove the little flags from people's backs?

Quote Originally Posted by Keczapifrytki View Post
    Any ideas yet on how to remove the little flags from people's backs?
    Yeah, you replace them with pokemons.
    Me is Caesar
    Me no care
    Me go recruit
    a legionnaire
    If he die
    Me no cry
    Me go recruit
    another guy!

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

I am not sure if its even possible. it looks like they are conected with unit models - if so someone would have to edit all vanilla units, which i cant see real.

I am currently working on something, maybe i found the way.
    Last edited by Radious; April 08, 2011 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Exactly i found the same thing Sir.

Included in my new version of Fixes mod - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...55#post9337555
    So you bear the palm, kind Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by scivian View Post
    Thanks Ill give it a shot. Any incompatibilities?
    None i can think of. Should work with most of other mods.
    It replaces orginal equipment themes table with the one without flags, so it'll be incompatibile with any mod that changes them in any other way, but there shouldn't be many that do.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

EWWWW.

They look fugly without flags. Then again, to each his own. *silently contemplates on how the theme of Sengoku Jidai is ruined coz the sashimono somehow distracts some people.*

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

I want to remove them from wako and monks only which part of the pfm would I need to edit?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Fox View Post
    I want to remove them from wako and monks only which part of the pfm would I need to edit?
    You should create new equipment theme in new warscape_equipment_themes table, being duplicate of the one you are trying to change, but with different name and removed sashimono entry.
    Now you'll need to replace entry in equipment theme column in unit_stats_land table (for the unit of your choosing) with the new one you created.

That's how I did it anyway.

Wow. Thank you, I will give it a shot.

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

I heard a joke when Shogun 2 was released, "very soon someone will request a mod that removes the flags" and voila! Took a while though.

No. I will not take part in removing the glorious flags! ( Besides this bump.. )
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

Quote Originally Posted by Xelathur View Post
    I heard a joke when Shogun 2 was released, "very soon someone will request a mod that removes the flags" and voila! Took a while though.

No. I will not take part in removing the glorious flags! ( Besides this bump.. )
    Pretty good joke. Really funny. You have to have a very special sense of humour to appreciate it though.

Relax. If someone who prefers playing with no flags installs such mod, it won't remove them from your game. Really.

You guys are retarded, all the OP asked was to remove the flag for better gameplay experience. the OP said that he DOSNT care about historical accuracy. for gods sake this game is no where near 100% or even 50% accuarate to feudal japan.

Removing the flags means better gameplay for some, i dont understand how you people find it so hard to understand that.

and for the last time NOT everyone play this game for HISTORICAL accuracy.

The sashimono in S2 are pointless because all the units are faction coloured anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast