Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove Flags on the back!

Icon5 Remove Flags on the back!

Hi

Please could somebody do a mod to remove those annoying flags (shiminao or whatever the name is, can't find it again). I don't want to discuss about historic accuracy or realism or whatever. It's just that the flags are so annoying and making it hard to see the soldiers. I like to watch my battles in a very close zoom, with all those flags it is like someone would stand in front of you waving a flag and bashing your face with it all the time. ing annoying.
    So please could anybody do such a mod? That would be awesome!

Zyko

Temuzu's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Remove Flags on the back!

I doubt anyone is going to start making something as silly as this.

Anybody got a suggestion how to do such a thing? If I only knew how I'd do it by myself. If removing the Horo is possible, I think this could also work with those silly flags. Any ideas?

In The Last Samurai, most of the units had a flag on their back - I believe it happened historically as well.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

HAHA!!

The Last Samurai, the place to get all information on Fuedal Japan.

And whats wrong with the flags? They are;
    1) Historically Accurate
    2) Look fecking awesome
    3) I zoom in on battles too and they dont get in the way.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Play CoD they don't run around with flags there

In real life the soldiers would all have different coloured armour, as a result it would become very difficult to distinguish who was who on the battlefield. To overcome this, certain clans had particular coloured sashimo(?) on their backs to act as uniform. Personally I don't see anyone who will get rid of such an important piece of Japanese sengoku uniform, so you'll have to try and find out how to do it yourself I guess
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Ii Naotaka View Post
    HAHA!!

1) Historically Accurate
    2) Look fecking awesome
    Since you just said they're historically accurate, it would appear that The Last Samurai got that fact right as well. No one said that it's the place to get all information.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Birk View Post
    Play CoD they don't run around with flags there
    Most of the time.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Hell why dont we just remove Samurai altogether from the game,for clearly if they dont live up to anime expectations they are not L33t enough...it blows my mind how much people don't like the reality of Samurai,just the fantasy

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

the sashimonos are amazing and i can actualy tell the difference from my troops from enemy troops being so far zoomed out makes it hard to see your troops but i llike zooming close as well and they never get in the way

you are all so funny!
    "historical accuracy" and "total war". aaaaallright...

any real suggestions would be welcome.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by zyko View Post
    you are all so funny!
    "historical accuracy" and "total war". aaaaallright...

any real suggestions would be welcome.
    CA has been doing an excellent job starting with Napoleon of putting serious academic research and consideration into their unit and historical designs...are they perfect??/no...but then again no source is 100% accurate including books and studies of the subjects..so as far as a game goes..they do a Hell of a job...and as well at least they know what the "little flag" is called unlike a few posters I could name...
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; March 29, 2011 at 02:44 PM.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Here it is. Extract the .pack and put in your data directory.

I haven't tested it yet so I don't know if it works though.

Personally, i have no idea why you want to remove the flags. They look nice imo and add to the immersion.

Seriously folks, the OP is NOT asking for CA to remake the game without them... he's here in the MOD section asking if a mod can be made to remove them. He specifically stated he's not concerned about historical accuracy because he would simply enjoy watching his units fight without them and people are jumping on him as if he asked the impossible. MODs are made to fit people's preferences for accuracy OR fantasy, so while I can't answer his question because I'm not a modder, maybe someone with know how can.

*** edit ***

Thanks CoconutFred, you beat me to it.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ii Naotaka View Post
    HAHA!!

1) Historically Accurate
    2) Look fecking awesome
    And
    4) Its pretty much the only way of telling which Samurai are with which army.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

@Ultraman: 90% of the internet traffic is just useless "noise". Nothing I would care about. We should avoid feeding the trolls

@CoconutFred: I just tried it in my new Date campaign. I started a battle from the campainmap against uesugi, but I didn't recognize any change. So it doesn't seem to work so far. I appreciate the work you have done by now and if you would share your work I maybe able to complete it and make it functional.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Why are people trying to make the game less and less historical? Sure the Horo isn't really as perfect as it was in real life, sure there are too many flags(I reckon there would have been like 1 flag for every 2 soldiers or so. At least that's what my idea was from Ran) but at least CA are trying.
    Gosh some people are just never happy
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Why are people trying to make the game less and less historical? Sure the Horo isn't really as perfect as it was in real life, sure there are too many flags(I reckon there would have been like 1 flag for every 2 soldiers or so. At least that's what my idea was from Ran) but at least CA are trying.
    Case in point- some guy posts saying he wants to make a tiny change to a game so he can play it how he wants and other people pipe in just to express their upset about his desire.

Last edited by Ultraman; March 29, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

I agree with Zyko. The flags are annoying and I also don't care for historical accuracy or any other reason you want to keep the flags. If someone could come up with a way to remove them, I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast