Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TW Map Reader v2.24 [1-Jul-2015: update]

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: TW Map Reader v2.9 [1-Feb-2013: faster, some fixes]

Epic version, I was wondering why Region Highlight took so long... thanks for fixing that texture error bug too

I have noticed something for a number of versions now (3-4?), where if you load up the textures, have them as one of the enabled overlay's and them enable another overlay over that, even if the texture overlay isn't visible all layers above it are blurred extremely. There's also a slight delay (less then a second) when enabling overlays over the texture one, but it is notable compared to the instant response of overlay enabling when the texture one isn't ticked too.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

A bug which I have never noticed before. Anything else while I'm fixing this one?

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

I love you Withwnar, this thing just solved my problem which I was quite frustrated about. I'm a noob with map editing

Default Re: TW Map Reader v2.10 [3-Feb-2013: bug fix]

v2.10 released. Fixes the blurriness of other maps when texture ones used.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags14 View Post
    I love you Withwnar, this thing just solved my problem which I was quite frustrated about. I'm a noob with map editing
    I love you too Moneybags. Good to hear it has helped.

Default Re: TW Map Reader v2.10 [3-Feb-2013: bug fix]

I have no complaints with this epic tool anymore. Works as it should, its fast, efficient. What more can I ask? Moar efficient?

Default Re: TW Map Reader v2.11 [11-Feb-2013: update]

v2.11 released.

It adds to region highlight the option to display the region's starting faction colours for its fill and/or border. This is useful when choosing/adjusting faction colours, avoiding the need to start up the game to see the results:
    1) Load the maps into the tool, e.g. FE map plus "all starting regions" region highlight option
    2) Make the adjustments in descr_sm_factions and save
    3) Hit reload in the tool
    4) Keep repeating steps 2 + 3 as needed

To support this new feature a new border option has been added: "inside". This draws borders on the inside edge of the region, instead of over the edge itself as it was before (that option remains). The old way is no good for this because region shared borders are drawn over each other.

Attachment 265774

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Great

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I have a suggestion. I have begun using your region highlight tool for the factions and its working really well, especially with the border faction colors I have noticed that the draw borders over option is still default, even though you prefer inside (as do I). The other thing is the ability (option) to export the map as TGA instead of PNG. It would save time when having to manually go to each file and reexport the files as TGA for map_factionname.tga files.

Another thing I noticed, if you set the map size to FE, even though my map_FE.tga is 320x275 it saves the files at 322x275...

This tool has made my map possible, and got it to where it is today (nearly released).
    Last edited by FireFreak111; February 25, 2013 at 01:36 AM.

I prefer the "over" borders option because the "inside" one is thick and chunky; good for faction colours but that's about all, in my opinion. If you haven't used the State feature yet then give it a go: you can use it to reapply your border preference and other things.

map_FE is not necessarily the same proportional dimensions as all other maps. In that situation the tool adds some pixels to either width or height so that proportions do match. i.e. It doesn't stretch it to 'fit' the other maps - it makes it larger in one of the dimensions. That is why 2 pixels are added to yours. Another user may find that 3 pixels are added to the height - it all comes down to the dimensions of the original map_FE, for which there are no rules.

TGA export: for that reason (different dimensions) and - as a result - exporting as TGA is no simple task, especially if the original alpha channel is to remain intact.

Wow, I messed up. I meant that the inside option is still default, and the over option is much better (even for region borders). Fail.

The Map_FE makes sense to me now, thanks. With the TGA, is it possible to just export it like a png from the tool, no alpha but every layer combined into one?

It should be possible, yes. Whether it supports transparency or not I'm not sure. If not then anything that is transparent will come out black, like with the clipboard export.

Default Re: TW Map Reader v2.12 [14-Mar-2013: update]

v2.12 released. Quite a big one this. From the Change Log...

• Added Resources tab.
    • Added TGA export: save view to a TGA file.
    • Added detachable tabs feature.
    • Added application state. Independent of the other State (save/load state) this stores information about window size and position and tab detachments, auto-saved when the tool is closed and auto-applied when the tool is next run. It is stored in a file named app.cfg in the tool's folder.
    • Settlements tab changes:
      • Now avoids name overlap (to a degree).
      • Changed font size options.
      • Font and marker size now constant across all zooms.
      • Added "region highlight only" option: show settlements only in those regions currently displayed via Region Highlight.
      • Added option to show game name, internal name or just the marker.

• Added background colour: painted behind all other views.
    • Region Highlight selections now stored in state.
    • State files changed from *.xml to *.mps. Also now stored within the tool's folder, as they should be: pretty sure that previous versions were putting them in the tool folder's parent folder instead.
    • Fixed bug: would crash if a region has no starting faction, e.g. Durazzo in Kingdoms Grand Campaign.

The OP has been updated with some info regarding Resources and Detachable Tabs.

If you have used State in previous versions and you wish to keep them then please note: they will need to be renamed with an *.mps extension (from *.xml) and put into the tool's folder.

EDIT: oops, forgot a picture:

Attachment 271189

I epic failed with the new attachment system. All sorted now.

Download links fixed.

I can open other mods, but not TheraV4.
    Here is the message I get.

Failed to read data: twmap.TwMapException:twmap.TwMapException: Could not read image file:TGA file be type 2 or 10 [map_features.tga]

Do you have any insight?

Sounds like it was saved in a format that can't be read by this tool. Precisely what I don't know.

The only solution would be to open the map in GIMP/Photoshop and save it again. That might be enough to change the format.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

TFON might have used zero opacity (transparency) instead of black.

Default Re: TW Map Reader v2.14 [2-Nov-2013: update]

v2.14 released. Details are in the change log.

Default Re: TW Map Reader

v2.24 released.

From the change log:

• No more flashing "there are errors" - was a CPU killer.
    • Now remembers and loads last-used source folder.
    • New function/tab: "Find".
    • Added Region ID.
    • New tab: "Region". Removed "show region info in tooltip" checkbox. Region tab now shows all of this info, plus much more.
    • Mercs: new options in a new Resource Highlight sub-tab.
    • Win Conditions: new option on the Resource Highlight tab.
    • Music Type: new option on the Resource Highlight tab.
    • Ports: new option on the Markers tab.
    • Spawns: new option on the Markers tab and a new Export sub-tab.
    • Region Highlight: new "all regions" option for borders, for drawing borders on all regions and not just the highlighted (filled) ones.
    • New definition of "IsSea": now based on map_heights.tga rather than ground types.
    • "(Sea)" displayed in Tile tab's "Feature" text if is "AtSea" by the above definition.
    • Export > Tiles: a new "Sea" column added to "extended" export, indicating the above "AtSea" test.
    • Renamed tabs: "Info" -> "Tile", "Settlements, etc." -> "Markers".
    • Changed port ownership logic.
    • SHIFT + X = tile coords in "x X, y Y" format. e.g. "x 23, y 284" instead of just "23, 284".
    • BUGFIX: Resources "show only" list was shrinking to unusable size if left hand tool pane was too narrow.
    • BUGFIX: Marker tab colours were not remembered in state.
    • BUGFIX: not all trade resources being shown when using "region highlight regions only" option. If a highlighted region was found not to contain a TR, before a highlighted region was found that does contain it, then the TR was not shown in any of the regions.

Important: see also the red points in the OP.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: TW Map Reader v2.24 [1-Jul-2015: update]

Nice update - I like the region ID option

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast