Thread: Annoying Soldier Speech!

Default Annoying Soldier Speech!

I was wondering if it's possible to take the ever repeating voices from units out of the game? You know, the "talking" the units make whilst stationary-"blah blah esht shagimous" etc (sorry to any Japanese speakers out there, it's how it sounds).

I find them incredibly annoying just because of the frequency they all yell it, and nothing ever different is said, it just goes on and on and on. The only way to get rid of it, is to turn the effects off, but then you lose all atmosphere in the battle.

+rep to anyone who can do it!

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Annoying Soldier Speech!

If only they said it once then shut up for the rest of the battle...

Indeed. I wouldn't mind at all then. It's like a terrible never ending loop as it stands...

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Well when the PFM gets updated find teh .pack file and just replace all those failes with nothign so the soldiers will say literally nothing

Yeah, I'm Japanese speaker, and still I agree.
    I respect Total war 2's Japanese Translation, I know they did their best - to ban any disrespect or "Yankee-styled" narrow understanding about Japanese culture.

but Obviously, some of Japanese speech sounds stupid and they repeat it too much.
    For example, "Bai-no-hayasade" awful translation of double time,
    it even became popular between Japanese Shogun 2 players.

and, I think that speech was "Meirei-O-Omachi-Moushiagemasu". means "I'm waiting for your command, sire"
    I hate it!! because they yelling that almost 100 times per one good battle.
    I KNOW ALMOST TOO WELL they are waiting!!

So yah no one has fixed this? I know the one dude posted the mod that fixes the part where they say retreating when they are actually just moving, and the "double-time" was replaced with All move forward quickly or some such thing that made more sense. But yah, I hate them yelling crap for no reason over and over again, but I of course want them to say things when I order them to do stuff, or maybe hear some muted murmuring from time to time if they're just sitting there and not hiding (cuz then they would have orders to STFU or die)