Thread: Issues with disrupted trade agreements

Default Issues with disrupted trade agreements

Playing Shimazu I paid good money and exchange a hostage for a trade agreement with the Ikko Ikki. Next turn I get the message "trade disrupted". (I'm not sure but I think their port is blockaded). Fair enough.

But I check the diplomatic screen and not only is the trade disrupted, but the trade agreement is gone as well. But it is, however, possible to make a new trade agreement with the Ikko Ikki. Only I have to pay again and my hostage is still in jail. What gives?

1. Why is a trade agreement that is only temporarily disrupted cancelled?
    2. How can it be that trade is disrupted in a way to cancel the trade agreement, but I can make a new trade agreement the same turn?
    3. Sometimes it's even worse: you get the message that trade is disrupted and the trade is gone, the trade agreement is gone and even your own trade route is temporarily unavailable (you can't use it for another trade partner). This surely is a bug?

Adler's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Issues with disrupted trade agreements

This is my pet hate! They want pretty big money for these trade routes, I have had to pay $16,000 for one, just to have the nation loose it's port for one turn and then have to do it again! I have also found that nations I have trade agreements with 'loose' them without any notification.

Trade is such an important part of this game, it needs to work!
    I have traversed Roman ruins from Israel, Egypt, Greece, Jordan & Italy.

Believe me, playing the game is more fun!

Chris

Default Re: Issues with disrupted trade agreements

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    This is my pet hate! They want pretty big money for these trade routes, I have had to pay $16,000 for one, just to have the nation loose it's port for one turn and then have to do it again! I have also found that nations I have trade agreements with 'loose' them without any notification.

Trade is such an important part of this game, it needs to work!
    I just hope CA will treat it as a bug and not as a WAD. In ETW and NTW interruption of trade never cancelled the trade agreement in itself. I don't know why it should be different in this game.

BTW, Adler, you can circumvent the bad effects of this bug by using a, in this case entirely justified, trick. Before making a new trade agreement, move your trade fleets from the trade nodes. You will now get the trade agreement for free. Don't forget to move your fleets back on the nodes afterwards.