Hi all and welcome! My purpose is to show a simple and quick way to create a nice wooden texture.
1. Create a new document size 500x500 px
2. Set foreground colour to white and background colour to black.
3. Next go to Filter->Render->Clouds. You can always press Control+F to remake the clouds if you are not satisfied.
4. Go to Filter->Blur->Motion blur. Set angle to 90 and distance to 999px.
5. Lower the contrast using the Levels command (Image->Adjustment->Levels) by moving the central button a little to left.
6. Click Filter->Brush strokes->Accented edges. Try using differend settings (like Edge Width: 2, Edge Brightness: 42, Smoothness: 4) and click new layer in the bottom right.
7. Now click "Artistic" filter's "Dry Brush". Try settings like Brush Size 2, Detail 9 and Texture 2.
8. Create a one more new layer and put there Film Grain -effect. Set Grain to 1 and Highlight area and Instensity to zero. Click OK.
9. We need some colour to our picture. Find Image->Adjustments->Hue/Saturation.
Click Colorize and try finding a nice brown colour with settings like Hue+40, Saturation 30, Lightness -26. Press OK.
10. Next we are going to make a wooden pattern for our texture. Click Filter->Liguify.
Take Turblulence -tool from the left toolbox. Try differend sizes and click the image and move your mouse up and down.
11. Take a "Twirl Tool". Select a brush size and click somewhere where you want to make a branch. Hold down the left mouse button untill you have a nice pattern there. Repeat this to differend places.
Once you have done click OK.
12. Finaly add a lighting effect if you want. (Filter->Render->Lighting Efects)
And we are done!
I hope this little tutorial was at least little useful to you. Have fun with your texture!
DO not RIP! (was it correct? It's a traditon but who used it the first time?
Last edited by Finlander; March 27, 2011 at 08:31 AM.
Son of the mighty MasterBigAb,Father of St. Polycarpe, & Kahvipannu &Radboud &Mhaedros
Gallery|Renders|Screenshots and Videos |Creatinga wooden texture
!!!Participate the Graphics Workshop competitions!!!
Very nice man
Thank you thank you.
Thank you Louis.
Proudly patronized by Cedric37|Crysis signature|La montée de l'Empire|Graphics Workshop|Renders|
Really nice and good explanation +rep
The Travel Lodge TotW MAARC/BAARC Creative Writing
Under the patronage of the magnificent General Brittanicus
Many Thanks for this tutorial! + Rep
Sorry for my English Grammar
rCreating weapons in Rome TW
Thank you thank you. It is always pleased to hear nice comments.
Very nice Fin!
This is the first texture I've ever made, and by following your tutorial, I think it's fairly decent:
Lighting could use some work though...
Click here for an epic story written by Borissomeone, Master of Stories!
Proud Patron of Dan the Man and Taro_M
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)