Thread: don't know how to install

Default don't know how to install

Hello,
    i've got a big problem. I don't know if i got this right but ..
    are these modifications for Rome: Total War? Because i bought RTW and i just installed this game on a computer. And now i found this forum and those modifications like ROP, RTR, Sparta etc.
    Now is it enough to play these modifications only if i have RTW? If yes, where should i install this?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: don't know how to install

Welcome to TWC!

It depends on the modification. First and foremost, make sure that you have a backup of RTW (just copy the whole folder and paste it somewhere else). Then, look at the installation instructions of the mod you'd like to install. Some mods come as .rar or .zip files, which you need to unpack into your Rome - Total War directory (example: C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War), while others have an installer that do all the unpacking for you, but then you still need to direct the installer to your RTW directory.

Also, mods can be installed next to each other (i.e., you can have all mods installed simultaneously without harming the original files) if they're modfoldered. Some mods, like RSII, are not, so always check on that in installation threads. For mods that aren't modfoldered (like RSII), you'd best copy your whole RTW directory to another folder and install the mod there to make sure you can still play the original game and other mods.

If you have any more questions, please, ask!