Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Krn3ll Guide to add brand new buildings to RTW 1.5

Default Re: Krn3ll Guide to add brand new buildings to RTW 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Krn3ll View Post
    I think there may be some tools around to help you in the procedure, you may try to search them with keywords on RTW modding sites. My way is always the basic one: In the rare cases when i do not work on my own custom sets, I import the .cas file of the underlay for the given set into a 3d editor and check there. Beware that (at least with 3dmax) the coords may be 180 degrees rotated (e.g. both voords must have the opposite "-" value added).

There is one other tool I use sometimes, its the Settlement exporter by SigniferOne. It can be useful to trace some objects' coords at once after you put them in your 3dmax model.
    -> DOWNLOAD LINK

Thanks for your helping. I try it

Default Re: Krn3ll Guide to add brand new buildings to RTW 1.5

Hi, I hope there are still some modders here who might help me. I have done everything what you did, but I have some errors.

First of all, I work in a modfolder. I have done every step, I have included anything etc.
    I copied the descr_items.txt from the vanilla game, and added my include.
    But there is one error when I start the game for making the game for making the descr_items.db :

When I wanted to solve it, I missed the di_*_.txt files from the vanilla descr_items folder. So the game can't find this includes.

[PROBLEM 2]
    I searched in my lotrtw folder, and unpacked the descr_items.txt. That file seems to be full of all buildings. I pasted it in my modfolder, included my own buildings, and started the game. It creates the descr_items.db now, but when I try to view the settlements, I got tons of error. Only my own buildings are shown now, but all vanilla buildings are missing.

The game gives the error that it can't find the .cas building model. Yes i don't have those building models in my modfolder, but the game needs to load it from the vanilla data folder...

I am very confused now

Note: There seems to be a DB editor from vercingetorix. But I can't find that tool anymore because the download links are down. Can someone send me the tool please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12