Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Realism (S2R)

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    Everything is perfect, you have the best mod out in my opinion, just one suggestion i think light cavalry have too many men 100 should be toned down to 75 or 80 at most.
    Thanks for the props
    I will address this in our internal discussions
    Don't smoke the seed

maybe even down to 60 like the generals, i say this because in the begginning of the game that light cavalry is like real samaurai's and are tough to beat, i have to use both my daimyo and general to take on a unit of light cavalry, and they suffer 50% casualties at least.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    maybe even down to 60 like the generals, i say this because in the begginning of the game that light cavalry is like real samaurai's and are tough to beat, i have to use both my daimyo and general to take on a unit of light cavalry, and they suffer 50% casualties at least.
    Best use Yari units (Ashigaru and Samurai), they've cavalry bonus. Or also bowmen
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

i understand what your saying, i'm just saying like a minor tweak down to 75 or 80 men would be perfect.

Patrician Artifex

Version updated to: Beta 0.310

Get it via post #1.

Should be saved game compatible, technical. But to get the changed effects, it is always senseful to start a new campaign.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Awesome mod, however a few things:
    - Is it possible to also increase the stamina a little bit? The prolonged battle is great, but all of my units are fatigued because they are fighting for too long (because of the increased armor and attack). I think this will balance it out a bit.
    - I am loading a saved game and I didnt get the effect that I'm supposed to get. I think someone asked this before but is it mandatory to start a new campaign?

Patrician Artifex

Your first items will be adressed soon during the ongoing development, yes. But we won't give every unit high stamina. Anyways, some special code-changes for units will come in future, this adresses more than stamina codes.

The other point, save compatibilty: Actually not sure. I always start a new campaign if we have updated. If you wanna be sure to get the effects, then start a new one.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 27, 2011 at 11:35 AM.

Ulster Confederate's Avatar Tiro

Just played my first battle with Shogun 2 realism using the 30% speed reduction mod and it was like a whole new game. The battle was fantastic and lasted much longer. The melee was a joy to behold. Best thing for Shogun 2 yet.
    Great job Davinci + Rep

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster Confederate View Post
    Just played my first battle with Shogun 2 realism using the 30% speed reduction mod and it was like a whole new game. The battle was fantastic and lasted much longer. The melee was a joy to behold. Best thing for Shogun 2 yet.
    Great job Davinci + Rep
    Thanks on behalve of the team. We will try to keep and increase this quality.
    If you rep, then rep everybody of the team members.

Ulster Confederate's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Thanks on behalve of the team. We will try to keep and increase this quality.
    If you rep, then rep everybody of the team members.
    Done ! + Rep to all.

Great MOD at all!
    I opened a new campaign with Realism for sure.
    But one qestion: What about Katana Samurai? I have a sword shcool building but cant recruit this unit, only kat.Ashi. And read the info :"Required art not yet mastered"
    What the art must learn for Kat.Samurai??/ the way of sword is done/

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Great MOD at all!
    I opened a new campaign with Realism for sure.
    But one qestion: What about Katana Samurai? I have a sword shcool building but cant recruit this unit, only kat.Ashi. And read the info :"Required art not yet mastered"
    What the art must learn for Kat.Samurai??/ the way of sword is done/
    Yeah, check the bushido string sword arts. All usual Samurai units getting available with arts.
    But as said, especially the katana samurai unit gets changes anyway with a future update.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 27, 2011 at 12:22 PM.

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by holograf View Post
    AI should be deffinetly changed, beacuse of its agressivness, every time when you have more then 16 towns, or achieve to conquare the Shogunat, everybody turns against you...
    If you do not like this feature of the game, I suggest you use Yarkis Realm Divide mod. It will work in conjunction with S2R. Basically it changes the realm divide event so that it's more of... you and your allies versus everyone else instead of you alone. Read the description of the mod.

Make sure to forge strong alliances when you start to become powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinos View Post
    We are aware that this Katana Samurai unit isnt realistic. Didnt decide yet what will happen to them

Maybe an idea to that, since samurai were mostly warriors who used bows , i was thinking to changethe bow samurai to have only ammo for like 3-4 volleys then he draws his katana and becomes a melee unit. This way bow ashiragu will still have a place in the army.

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

Hmm, seems like I'll switch from TROM to this mod. TROM was great so far, but now it get's easier with every update (50% increase radius of Daimyo, 3 skill points per update). I hope you guys don't plan the same thing

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
    Maybe an idea to that, since samurai were mostly warriors who used bows , i was thinking to changethe bow samurai to have only ammo for like 3-4 volleys then he draws his katana and becomes a melee unit. This way bow ashiragu will still have a place in the army.
    Bold: Funny, exactly what i was envisioning for them, and brought to the table.
    We discuss such things, and doing everything step by step, besides that the mod design shall make everybody of the team happy and also the players here. Thanks for your proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by AlCord View Post
    Hmm, seems like I'll switch from TROM to this mod. TROM was great so far, but now it get's easier with every update (50% increase radius of Daimyo, 3 skill points per update). I hope you guys don't plan the same thing
    Nope, we won't make things easier, merely contrary.
    Except such things which are incredibly unrealistic, then we might decrease a difficulty slightly, if it supports our envisioned design, and needs adressed by all means, or things which annoy terribly the gameplay balance, then we will try to balance it, always under the premise to keep the challenge high.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 27, 2011 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
    This is partially implemented already, bow samurai have been changed to be quite good in melee with the katana as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Yeah, check the bushido string sword arts. All usual Samurai units getting available with arts.
    But as said, especially the katana samurai unit gets changes anyway with a future update.
    Hmm, ok.I see then now the next sword art for Samurai.
    +1 question: Ronins are recruitable in this mod? /which building, or art needed?/

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Hmm, ok.I see then now the next sword art for Samurai.
    +1 question: Ronins are recruitable in this mod? /which building, or art needed?/
    You can read it in the change log, actually.

Ronins are now available with the Sake Den buildings.

Ronins are available with sake dens and that chain of buildings.