Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Realism (S2R)

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism

Guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but are you planning anything special with monks and heroes units? I thought that they are the 'elite' units whereas samurais are like the middle-high level units? I am still playing with Chosokabe but I almost always like to use naginata warrior monks and/or monk archers. On my way to make a bow hero unit, but I'm not sure about the mods as there are no details about that.

sorry i thought you gotta edit the patch2.pack rather than the mod pack itself when hex-editing... thanks for your answer

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Heroes are still in, and in the next version Monk units will have a ten unit cap per type just like samurai.

Edit: Somebody asked in the thread for changing skill point amounts on level up. I doubt our mod will touch this area, I think it works fine how it is. However, if you want to change it, use this mod. Big thanks to Spartan Warrior.
    Last edited by St. Cyr; March 29, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vuvihu View Post
    can anyone please answer my question
    can you hexedit and use mods like S2R or Darth at the same time?
    PFM 1.6.3 is awaiting you. Right now S2R and Darth have no conflicts
    Last edited by Ulvar; March 29, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Cyr View Post
    Heroes are still in, and in the next version Monk units will have a ten unit cap per type just like samurai.

Edit: Somebody asked in the thread for changing skill point amounts on level up. I doubt our mod will touch this area, I think it works fine how it is. However, if you want to change it, use this mod. Big thanks to Spartan Warrior.
    St. Cyr, thanks for the answer. I am actually fine with the ten unit cap, however, how far are you going to be touching their stats (in terms of accuracy, melee, defense/armor, etc) and also unit count (how many heroes/monks per unit)? I think it is fine the way it is, being that the actual 'elite' unit but I'm just hoping for some more information. I'd still like to use them and think they are worth the trouble getting (and also keeping alive).

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Bold part: Yes makes sense. But not possible technically. Indirect you play it that way, because the more provinces the more locations possible to recruit Samurai

Unit skin "merging" would be possible technically.
    I personally aim to have the Bow Samurai with "standard" Samurai skills in melee, and just with significant lowered arrow numbers, so they go into melee quickly.
    The dedicated katana Samurai is currently in discussion, well a total removal might cause conflicts as for the Shimanzu faction's bonus with them, so we aim for "slight" realistic use of them towards vanilla gameplay, but sure is, they'll get a sub-usage in regards of possible recruitment numbers, and the name/description will be changed.
    how about applying the shimazu "katana bonus" to the "merged samurai" (and, likewise, the chosokabe would only get a ranged bonus, if possible)? perhaps even extend the "katana bonus" to every shimazu (foot) unit that uses one? yeah, i'm one of those that would like the katana samurai gone or at least severely capped (something like 2-3 units max) because of how "unhistorical" they are ("unhistorical" enough that even CA didn't include them in the first STW ). the hero unit is ok since it's small and capped to one anyway so it kinda makes sense

oh, and btw, do you have any plans to remove the ashigaru bow and sword units? afaik, they're even less historical than the katana samurai. it would probably be hell to balance it, but since this is the "realism mod"...

and do you plan to rework a bit the "tech tree"? maybe reduce the "research time" of the later techs a bit 'cause 24 seasons is a bit extreme, imho

I reread about Shimazu tactics, in history, their tactics usually used arquebus to shot enemy from both wings, while their main force advance and finish enemy's panicking force. So I think Shimazu should have "Shimazu" Marchlock Samurai instead "Hattori".

Quote Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
    I reread about Shimazu tactics, in history, their tactics usually used arquebus to shot enemy from both wings, while their main force advance and finish enemy's panicking force. So I think Shimazu should have "Shimazu" Marchlock Samurai instead "Hattori".
    I've been suggesting something similar in the dev thread, so that Shimazu gets some sort of matchlock advantage (since Takahisa was the first daimyo to take guns into Japan from the Portuguese).
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Are the AI factions not restricted by unit caps? I had a battle earlier where they had 6 Ronin Katana, which was because I couldn't have the elite units to counter that many.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    Are the AI factions not restricted by unit caps? I had a battle earlier where they had 6 Ronin Katana, which was because I couldn't have the elite units to counter that many.
    Yes, they are restricted by unit caps as well. The cap is 2 Yari and 2 Katana Ronin... You're sure they had six and not four units?

SHOGUN 2 REALISM MOD IS AN EPIC MOD,WHY?.BCOS IT MAKES THE GAME MORE EXCITING IN ALL ASPECT AND THE TECH IT MAKES YOU THINK WHAT YOU GONNA FOCUS ARCHERY ETC...........sorry 4 my bad english it's not my native language

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
    Yes, we'll look that we do something about that in the long run.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DevlinXIII's Avatar Foederatus

This mod does a lot of things good with the exception that samurais are almost gods with their base armor being 20 and a moral that no matter what happens they will fight to the end.
    I feel sorry for the Oda with their worthless ashigaru now :/.
    Don't get me wrong I hate the idea of how samurais in vanilla are like too common, and totally support how this mod aims to restore some of the glory of the samurai, but the huge difference between them and the others just ruins the harmony and balance. I suggest increase the cap in the recruitment of the samurai and lower the stats, of course never as much as in the vanilla, yikes...

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Does it work with the All in One Mod?

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

It would be awesome to be able to exist with an army without a city (Army was out before). Nomad army, an horde like DLV mod for MTW2
    It's may be like that in the vanilla game i don't know...

And I suggest to you to add the version (and its date) of your mod in the tittle
    Last edited by Brips; March 30, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

According to the changelog the unit cap for Katana Ronin is 2 as well as Yari Ronin, does that mean the unit cap for Katana Ronin is 2 and the Yari Ronin is 2 or the cap for both is 2 total Ronin? I'm seeing enemy stacks with 3-4 Katana Ronin, does this go along with the fact that units are spawned by the AI and you haven't modded that unit part or am I wrong?

According to the changelog the unit cap for Katana Ronin is 2 as well as Yari Ronin, does that mean the unit cap for Katana Ronin is 2 and the Yari Ronin is 2 or the cap for both is 2 total Ronin? I'm seeing enemy stacks with 3-4 Katana Ronin, does this go along with the fact that units are spawned by the AI and you haven't modded that unit part or am I wrong?

EDIT: Love the mod by the way had one of my best experiences in the game so far my General was defending a castle and I had him dismount because Light Cavalry and Yari Ashigaru had climbed the castle walls and I would have been decimated by the bonus they have to cavalry. That unit fought with the Samurai Retainers against 2-3 Light Cavalry 1 Yari Ashigaru and 1 Bow Ashigaru unit the entire fight took around 10-15 minutes. I watched each man take down 8-10 enemy units before dying until they were whittled down against one single Bow Ashigaru unit. I watched as the 4 men remaining of my General Unit routed a full Bow Ashigaru unit and thought I was on my way to Victory when a Bow Ashigaru I didn't see had climbed up the walls and charged my exhausted General it got to the point where I whittled a Bow Ashigaru unit from around 100+ to 55 and both their last unit and my general who had the general himself Tangeshima Tomokata and one of his bodyguards left (I'm just going to call that bodyguard Little Benkei because he's a badass) I had just inspired my unit and I had a feeling I was about to win a battle that started out 3:1 when Tangeshima Tomokata was too slow with his downward swing (he was exhausted after all) and one of the Bow Ashigaru cleaved him through the chest. Little Benkei ended up killing 5-8 more guys before getting a Katana thrusted through his stomache. At that point I didn't care though, the cinematic and the pure awesomeness of that last stand had a smile on my face. Shimazu Yoshihisa had the last laugh though the next turn.

Great mod.
    Last edited by Sii; March 30, 2011 at 05:19 AM.

This looks excellent, big thanks to the dev team

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    Does it work with the All in One Mod?
    No, all in one mod has Darthmod integrated, and it changes the same kind of things.
    Last edited by Brips; March 30, 2011 at 05:18 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

The focus is on combat and gameplay balancing with a degree of historical backgrounds.
    The changes are in the following departments: Combat, unit costs (slightly), recruitment, unit numbers, researchment effects, building effects - see the actual changelog(s) for other alterations.
    As of yet, we have not fiddled with dedicated AI files (we observe the campaign outcomes for a while before undertaking something in this regard). The AI behaviour is partly already changed due to impacts by the done alterations.
    This mod should be compatible with the most mods which do not alter the listed things (a kind of a recommendation mod list is at the bottom of the post).
    Above is from the further explination of the mod parameters. Ive been playing with this mod (realm devide and movement reduction) and I only have one observation that annoys me, although it dosent have to do with the mod itself. So this is a semi formal request, but the garrison issue concerns me because I am seeing a great deal of castle turn over due to AI behavior in this area.

I understand that this might not fall into the scope of the mod as stated, but for game balance purposes and realism I think its reasonable to request it be addressed if not now in a future release. AI factions are not garrisoning their castles properly at all, I can self monitor and not exploit this but the AI dosent seem too and is taking advantage of this weakness. I'd like to see some provision in the mod that enables the AI to garrison its conquered territories.

While the mod thus far seems to be focused on unit balancing and how that impacts the play I think for long term campaign realism this issue should be considered.

Thanks

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Odin1970 View Post
    Above is from the further explination of the mod parameters. Ive been playing with this mod (realm devide and movement reduction) and I only have one observation that annoys me, although it dosent have to do with the mod itself. So this is a semi formal request, but the garrison issue concerns me because I am seeing a great deal of castle turn over due to AI behavior in this area.

I understand that this might not fall into the scope of the mod as stated, but for game balance purposes and realism I think its reasonable to request it be addressed if not now in a future release. AI factions are not garrisoning their castles properly at all, I can self monitor and not exploit this but the AI dosent seem too and is taking advantage of this weakness. I'd like to see some provision in the mod that enables the AI to garrison its conquered territories.

While the mod thus far seems to be focused on unit balancing and how that impacts the play I think for long term campaign realism this issue should be considered.

Thanks
    Next release version will increase the garrison spawns significantly (more archers). So the AI has automatically a better defended castle.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.