Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Realism (S2R)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Shogun 2 Realism

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hammarstrom View Post
    Im very impressed, best mod so far! However I have a question since I haven't decided how I feel about the cavalry in Realism mod.

- Do you have any changes planned for cavalry?

Thanks to all working with this fantastic mod!

/Erik
    Can you be more specific with cavalry? What are your ideas/thoughts?
    All units undergo changes, of course. Current build is beta 0.310
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 28, 2011 at 08:00 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Alan.rio's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by dem_n View Post
    Allright,
    I really like this mod, thats why i post feedback all the time .

This time, i like to share how it FEELS (rather felt, because i was overrun) to play my latest campaign.
    My impressions are based on how the gameplay feels, not on historical accuracy.

I played with Hattori, difficulty hard, unit size large, other mods besides S2R 0.310 : speed reduction mod all 30%, better unit cards, realm devide + double prestige mod, Tonns 32bit textures

In the beginning, i spent all my money on diplomacy to make alliances with my neighbour clans to the north and south-east. I also paid some clans to break their alliance with my preferred enemy, the hatakeyama. When hatekayma was isolated i declared war on them and took two of their provinces. Only frontline was, at that time, to the west around Settsu. So far so good. I was hoping to have time to build up a strong army and castles.
    But, i was utterly poor. I could not, at the same time, upgrade my castletowns with farms, roads harbours and so on for income AND maintain a strong army to withstand the raging Bessho and Urakami clans attacking me from the west. Their armys consisted of balanced troops like yari- and bow ashigarus, sometimes even samurai ronin and light cavalary. The battle AI still gave me much more challenge then i expected, wich was very cool.
    I somehow managed to get the upperhand, but the province of Settsu switched owner almost every season.

The beginning of the end was when when my allies were attacked by takeda and imagawa, around the year 1551. I could not spare any troops to support them, so they fell quickly, resulting in ME beeing takedas next obvious target (see screenshot).
    Even the hatakeyama send a fleet with a full stack army to reclaim their lands !. Urakami continued sending stacks at me. Suddenly i was attacked from the north and west, and from the sea; Takeda with more than two full 20 unit stacks, urakani with a 20 unit stack and hatakeyama with a 20 unit stack. I had an army with 16 units. No way out ..

Although i was beaten my the AI, the gaming experience was good. I will try again.

Suggestions:
    Income: I think income need to be raised. The AI can afford much larger armies than the player, i felt so poor i could not even enlist a general or pay tribute to the fire god :/.
    I dont know how much the mod changes the CAI here, but the AI keeps sending a 20 unit stack almost every year. If i had to maintain just one army that size, my income would have dropped to around 600-700 a year.
    Ninjas: If it wasnt for my superpower ninjas, i would have been wiped much earlier. The are critcal to the gameplay, but a single man making a 3.5k army unable to move at all for three months feels overpowered to me. Maybe subversions should rather consume some of the enemies movementpoints, not all of them.
    There's your problem right there I think. (highlighted in bold.) It's pretty critical to spend money on development early in the game. It makes the start of the game tougher, but if you don't do it then you get pounded mid-game by clans with better developed economy.

my last post was deleted, I didn't mean to critic anyone, I just asked if it is possible maybe to change main goals in the game, for example that you dont need to have 25 towns and shogunat, main reason that I am asking this is because of "problems" with rebels and gold, so it is even more harder to complete objectives...

@ Alan.Rio: I try that in my next campaign. But i faced a issue concerning upkeep cost. As seen on the attached screen, i pay full upkeep for a unit, even if its just 1/3 of its original size.

Suggestion: - New replenish system:
    Upkeep is payed per soldier, not per unit. Currently replensihment is for free. What IF replenishing would cost money, and the player had a slider to adjust the rate wich new soldiers are replenished.
    Max. replenishment -> max. cost, Min replenishment -> min. cost.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by holograf View Post
    my last post was deleted, I didn't mean to critic anyone, I just asked if it is possible maybe to change main goals in the game, for example that you dont need to have 25 towns and shogunat, main reason that I am asking this is because of "problems" with rebels and gold, so it is even more harder to complete objectives...
    Your post was deleted? Who did this? I know nothing about this.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

@ Alan.Rio: I try that in my next campaign. But i faced a issue concerning upkeep cost. As seen on the attached screen, i pay full upkeep for a unit, even if its just 1/3 of its original size.

Suggestion: - New replenish system:
    Upkeep is payed per soldier, not per unit. Currently replensihment is for free. What IF replenishing would cost money, and the player had a slider to adjust the rate wich new soldiers are replenished.
    Max. replenishment -> max. cost, Min replenishment -> min. cost.
    As far as i know, such things are hardcoded. But if we can access such things, yes, valuable aspect.

@ Da Vinci: Thought so.

Another suggestion: What about bow ashigaru gain +1 xp when recruited at at foot archery dojo?

Iam not sure you are aware of of, but the nanban trading port seems not to spread christianity. I build a buddist temple in the province at the same time an recruited a monk, who is stationed in the castle town. Is it me who figuered out to avoid religious conflicts or is the nanban port not working properly ?

Patrician Artifex

We are dicussing currently to drop exp boni per buildings, and favor exp more with battles, but keep them via bushido tree.

Nanban is changed by us. Rates reduced, as written in the change log

EDIT

Btw., our next release beta build will take some time. At least a week (next weekend earliest). We have lots to do and playtest then internally.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Awesome mod! But I have a question. Which tech do I have to research to enable recruiting of katana samurai?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Penchik View Post
    Awesome mod! But I have a question. Which tech do I have to research to enable recruiting of katana samurai?
    Currently 0.310: Sword art bushido tree, 3rd tier, iirc..
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    We are dicussing currently to drop exp boni per buildings, and favor exp more with battles, but keep them via bushido tree.

Nanban is changed by us. Rates reduced, as written in the change log

EDIT

Btw., our next release beta build will take some time. At least a week (next weekend earliest). We have lots to do and playtest then internally.
    I know you tweaked nanban, but right now i have all the benefits without any negative effects. Beside the fact i cant build a military port of course.

Now i see forward to see them naginata samurais in action, so long

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

I have been thinking about that too, I never liked the "free" exp bonus from buildings, but there are so many ways to achieve it..

As I haven't seen the files I can't be sure, but I have some ideas to mod my files as soon as I can

-Giving some "extra" exp only from high level buildings
    -And decreasing bonus from low exp units (I don't like when Exp1 units kills green units soo easly)

Patrician Artifex

I know you tweaked nanban, but right now i have all the benefits without any negative effects. Beside the fact i cant build a military port of course.

Now i see forward to see them naginata samurais in action, so long
    Well, we shall increase religious unrest again, somehow, but we have to playtest first how AI's operate in this regard.

THIS!

There's nothing quite so unrealistic as producing experienced units from the gitgo. Experience should come from... wait for it... experience! I think this is a great idea.

Kuddos to the entire crew on this great Mod. As I told the guys at TROM3, it's amazing how fast you modders can work. I have played all three main mods-Realism, TROM3 and Darth- and have Realism and TROM3 the best suited for my play style. I really enjoy the new units in Realism and the limitations on recruiting them.

The only issue I am having is with the game's time cap of 1600 under Long and Dominant Campaign victory conditions. It forces me to have to rush through the game, in order to get 40 provinces and Shogun before 1600. I don't really get to enjoy game as much doing that. Is it possible to change the end year or to start earlier and keep end year? Maybe, if it's possible, you could add that option in your Mod. I don't know, maybe I ask too much of you guys. No matter, great Mod!

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

The battles are awesome now...really they are...dont change anything about it.The time it consumes now is just perfect.
    The archers are actually good as they are..they kill,but not like legolas...

A question though...the retainers...what is there job?...For samurai they die a little to fast i think.
    1 unit of them should kill 2 units of ashigaru,but they dont..they get there asses kicked lol.

And how can i change the end date.....i'm old..and the fast paced gameplay(220 turns) now is just to rushed for me.

It seems that i am the only one who has a prob with the end date...weird.

And again thx...for giving us something worth our money that we spend on this half baked bread...
    Someone should force CA to eat some raw chicken...and then tell them that you come back in 4 weeks with a patch that will cook it for them.

So tonight i will thank god that he created the urge for better gameplay in some people...or even better...finished gameplay
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Kuddos to the entire crew on this great Mod. As I told the guys at TROM3, it's amazing how fast you modders can work. I have played all three main mods-Realism, TROM3 and Darth- and have Realism and TROM3 the best suited for my play style. I really enjoy the new units in Realism and the limitations on recruiting them.

The only issue I am having is with the game's time cap of 1600 under Long and Dominant Campaign victory conditions. It forces me to have to rush through the game, in order to get 40 provinces and Shogun before 1600. I don't really get to enjoy game as much doing that. Is it possible to change the end year or to start earlier and keep end year? Maybe, if it's possible, you could add that option in your Mod. I don't know, maybe I ask too much of you guys. No matter, great Mod!
    Actually I feel rushed, too. But unfortunately I never was able to play longer than 50 rounds. Creating this mod literally eats up my whole time to play and I have to restart my campaigns so often to check the changes and so on.
    When I figure out or someone tells me how to change the time to achieve the campaign goals I will create an optional submod for S2R.
    Don't smoke the seed

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
    THIS!

There's nothing quite so unrealistic as producing experienced units from the gitgo. Experience should come from... wait for it... experience! I think this is a great idea.
    Yes and no. You forget about the matter that intense training in weapons, tactics, formations, physical and mental condition and so on, wich i suppose happend in a medieval dojo, also needs credit at some point.

On the other side, educational experience can never be the same as battlefield experience.