Thread: Heat Haze Bug?

Default Heat Haze Bug?

I was messing with graphic settings, and I turned heat haze on. I didn't like it, so I turned it off. Thing is it's still there, even when I restart the game/system. I have checked my preferences file but it says it is off.

There is a constant wavering blur on trees and other static objects. I know it's heat haze, as in the winter battle maps the effect isn't present.

Now, I was wondering if anybody else has this? Is it on by default, with no way to turn it off? Is there a work around?

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Heat Haze Bug?

Maybe heat haze is caused not by the weather but by actual fire?

Same problem here. It is not caused by fire, you can see it all around the map over trees etc. It looked strange so I turned it off - with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by Prätorianer View Post
    Same problem here. It is not caused by fire, you can see it all around the map over trees etc. It looked strange so I turned it off - with no success.

What gfx card have you got?

If you misinterpreted my statement, I'm sorry. I meant that the heat haze during the summer months is just part of the summer feel, the heat haze in the graphics options refers to when there is fire on the ground or buildings. At least, its a feasible explanation, for why this is happening. Have you played a custom battle and used fire arrows alternating the graphics settings to test it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raimeken View Post
    If you misinterpreted my statement, I'm sorry. I meant that the heat haze during the summer months is just part of the summer feel
    Ah I see. So you have it too? If that is the case, it's a sucky "feature".

Quote Originally Posted by Megalos View Post
    Ah I see. So you have it too? If that is the case, it's a sucky "feature".
    Its not a sucky feature, it gets pretty hot in Japan in the summertime. God there was that time where it was so hot, luckily there's a vending machine every 100 meters in Japan.