Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - ROAD TO KYOTO v0.75 *27 MAI 2011* (Ikko Ikki Update)

Default Re: THE RIGHTS OF MAN 3 - v0.35

I have some more ideas about nerfing some building bonuses to stop from overpowered late game units. BTW it's kinda long:

Armory- +1 armour

Barracks -15% unit cost, +15% unit replenishment

Proving Grounds- +3 charge

Master Bowmaker- +15 accuracy

Mountain Hermatage- +1 xp for monk agent, +2 xp for bow, naginata, matchlock, and naginata cav. monks

Fortified Monastary- +1 xp monk agent, +3 xp bow, naginata, matchlock, and naginata cav.

Pilgrim Hostel- +2 xp monk agent, 1xp bow naginata, matchlock, cavalry; +1 morale

Great Shrine- +2 xp monk agent, +1 xp all warror monk units, +3 morale

Pirate Lair- tariff trade income +15%, +2 xp sailors

Pirate Fortress- tariff trade income +30%, +4 xp sailors

Warehouse- tariff trade income +30%, +1 xp sailors

Red Seal Company- tariff trade income +60%, +2 xp sailors

Master Weaponsmith- +3 melee

Armorer- +1 armor samurai, ashigaru, and warrior monk

Master Armorer- +2 armor, samurai, ashigaru, and warrior monk

Just some suggestion, but it makes the gap bewtween well trained and supplied units a little less than before. Combine this with your lowered xp bonuses and the balance should be better Also, I will be heavily modding units stat for better balance when the PFM is done. I will probably create a submod for TROM.
    Last edited by crazyman fromrussia; March 27, 2011 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Did your general get 3 points when he leveled, is your daimyo's area of influence larger. First thing I noticed is the Imagawa didn't fight me in 4 turns as the Hojo. If the Oda don't die on one turn it's probably working
    Its definitely not working, the Oda died

I dont know what I did wrong

A little update on the cai testing, Uesugi is now building yari dojos and archeries, although I had to further tune down the markets' weight and up the recruitment centers before they listen, just like predicted.

Another problem is that the monk troops need relevant techs researched so I've just tweaked the tech files to prod them the right way and is about to go back into another test run. One interesting bug I discovered was that in the religious teching personality, the essence of spirit line was left at 0. It's most likely a mistake by CA so I tuned it back up as it's also needed for the monk troops.

Quote Originally Posted by madpluck View Post
    Hrm I am wondering what the tech requirements are for uesugi warrior monk cavalry? i have a monastery, war stables, and naginata dojo built in a province but no option to recruit them. are they only available if i start a new campaign?
    Can you attach a savegame? Do you have horses as a trade commodity?

Quote Originally Posted by Mac101 View Post
    Do you plan to extend range for matchlock units as there were in reality? ( longer that bow )
    I think the switching from bows to the arquebuse in that period is not so well represented in the game. Therefore I am thinking about ways to make matchlock units more usefull. Maybe divide units in early and late arquebuse troops.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman fromrussia View Post
    I have some more ideas about nerfing some building bonuses to stop from overpowered late game units. BTW it's kinda long:

Armory- +1 armour

Barracks -15% unit cost, +15% unit replenishment

Proving Grounds- +3 charge

Master Bowmaker- +15 accuracy

Mountain Hermatage- +1 xp for monk agent, +2 xp for bow, naginata, matchlock, and naginata cav. monks

Fortified Monastary- +1 xp monk agent, +3 xp bow, naginata, matchlock, and naginata cav.

Pilgrim Hostel- +2 xp monk agent, 1xp bow naginata, matchlock, cavalry; +1 morale

Great Shrine- +2 xp monk agent, +1 xp all warror monk units, +3 morale

Pirate Lair- tariff trade income +15%, +2 xp sailors

Pirate Fortress- tariff trade income +30%, +4 xp sailors

Warehouse- tariff trade income +30%, +1 xp sailors

Red Seal Company- tariff trade income +60%, +2 xp sailors

Master Weaponsmith- +3 melee

Armorer- +1 armor samurai, ashigaru, and warrior monk

Master Armorer- +2 armor, samurai, ashigaru, and warrior monk

Just some suggestion, but it makes the gap bewtween well trained and supplied units a little less than before. Combine this with your lowered xp bonuses and the balance should be better Also, I will be heavily modding units stat for better balance when the PFM is done. I will probably create a submod for TROM.
    Oh, I like long postts with content... I will have a look at all of this stuff. However, those buildings should still have worthwhile bonuses. And I need more facts about how much each stat really influences combat after I have applied more changes to slow down combat. For now I will only cut down the really oversized bonuses.

EDIT: Just checked the buidling bonus and I saw that I already added some of your suggestions in the last version.
    EDIT2: I think I will add most of your stuff. It seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    A little update on the cai testing, Uesugi is now building yari dojos and archeries, although I had to further tune down the markets' weight and up the recruitment centers before they listen, just like predicted.

Another problem is that the monk troops need relevant techs researched so I've just tweaked the tech files to prod them the right way and is about to go back into another test run. One interesting bug I discovered was that in the religious teching personality, the essence of spirit line was left at 0. It's most likely a mistake by CA so I tuned it back up as it's also needed for the monk troops.
    Good work! When I modded NTW I also stumpled over quite number of bugs like not working technologies and the like.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; March 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM.

I really don't know what to do with Shimazu. I just saw them reemerge in a full stack, with the neighboring region completely undefended. What do they do? They park their arses out in the middle of nowhere and stays there until their home region rebels and left them dead again. It's almost like they're incapable of taking that province, but one time I saw them take it casually after killing the regular Ito invasion force. Of course, they then proceed to muck about until Ito musters a stack and wipe them out again. Just wow

While I'm doing the test to see if Uesugi can tech, I have some suggestions that might help these pathetic daimyos. One of the biggest weakness of Uesugi is that their home province is so big and poor and unwieldy. Besides making them border alot more potential enemies than usual, the huge size is also a burden upon the CAI pathfinding, as well as making it hard to recruit a stack. Just compare it to factions with small compact regions like Takeda or Hojo, which could form up a stack easily while guys like Date and Uesugi are still marching units in. To compensate for this, I'd suggest giving some bonus income and perhaps even a bonus recruitment slot when the AI owns these regions.

Another suggestion is tuning down the minor clans a little. If Shimazu keeps on like this, the easier way is to nerf his neighbors. I don't want them to be complete pushovers, but right now they simply walk right over Shimazu.

This is a great mod. I can't believe how fast you modders work. I have to admit, I have tried the other two - Darth and Realism. I enjoyed TROM3 and Realism over Darth.

BUT ... I am hoping someone finds a way to extend the end play time of victory conditions beyond 1600 or allow for an earlier start. The current time period forces the player to rush through the game in order of hoping to get 40 provinces and Shogun before time is up. Maybe, at least, provide an option for regular time period and extended play? Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    I really don't know what to do with Shimazu. I just saw them reemerge in a full stack, with the neighboring region completely undefended. What do they do? They park their arses out in the middle of nowhere and stays there until their home region rebels and left them dead again. It's almost like they're incapable of taking that province, but one time I saw them take it casually after killing the regular Ito invasion force. Of course, they then proceed to muck about until Ito musters a stack and wipe them out again. Just wow

While I'm doing the test to see if Uesugi can tech, I have some suggestions that might help these pathetic daimyos. One of the biggest weakness of Uesugi is that their home province is so big and poor and unwieldy. Besides making them border alot more potential enemies than usual, the huge size is also a burden upon the CAI pathfinding, as well as making it hard to recruit a stack. Just compare it to factions with small compact regions like Takeda or Hojo, which could form up a stack easily while guys like Date and Uesugi are still marching units in. To compensate for this, I'd suggest giving some bonus income and perhaps even a bonus recruitment slot when the AI owns these regions.

Another suggestion is tuning down the minor clans a little. If Shimazu keeps on like this, the easier way is to nerf his neighbors. I don't want them to be complete pushovers, but right now they simply walk right over Shimazu.
    I will think about solutions. We may have to look at Shimazus strategy settings also (if something like that exists in the CAI files).

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    This is a great mod. I can't believe how fast you modders work. I have to admit, I have tried the other two - Darth and Realism. I enjoyed TROM3 and Realism over Darth.

BUT ... I am hoping someone finds a way to extend the end play time of victory conditions beyond 1600 or allow for an earlier start. The current time period forces the player to rush through the game in order of hoping to get 40 provinces and Shogun before time is up. Maybe, at least, provide an option for regular time period and extended play? Is this possible?
    I would love to! But my attempts to change the esf files with two different tools led to corrupt saves. We have to wait until the programming guys like Taw and Husserl figure that out.

And thanks for the praise!

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Yarkis, forgive me if this has been asked, but this is all compatible with AUM right?
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Yarkis ... thx for at least replying. I was shown how to edit a brand new "save file" to change turns per year from 4 to 12 and that did the trick for me. Admittedly, it will no doubt change balance or something, we'll have to see when I play through. Who knows, might prefer the 4 per year or something in between better. BUT ... thanks for replying. Again, great Mod.

i cant seem to recruit naginata warrior monk cavalry, how do i go about on making them recruitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Solman88 View Post
    i cant seem to recruit naginata warrior monk cavalry, how do i go about on making them recruitable?
    Attach a ziped savegame, so I can see whats wrong. I don't have Uesugi campaign running.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Yarkis, forgive me if this has been asked, but this is all compatible with AUM right?
    Not completely. And even less in the future.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; March 28, 2011 at 03:37 PM.

Darn.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Attach a ziped savegame, so I can see whats wrong. I don't have Uesugi campaign running.
    i have this mod running with shogun realism + darthmod. thats prob the reason. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Never mind. Just got on my campaign again and monk cavalry requires the building tech Scholarship. Much respect.
    Last edited by Darth Red; March 28, 2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag/double post

TROM doesn't change units sizes, take it up with Darthmod.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    TROM doesn't change units sizes, take it up with Darthmod.
    But I'd really like heroes unit --> 60 men in Trom

Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    But I'd really like heroes unit --> 60 men in Trom
    This kind of edit is not possible right now without PFM (it can be done with Hexediting, which is not not my cup of tea)Whenever the PFM tool is able to edit unit stats, I will make a comprehensive unit stat change minimod for TROM to balance out some things, like hero unit numbers. Until then, I am getting ideas from my campaigns and what I need to balance.

BTW Yarkis, I know there is a Naginata Monk Hero unit in the db files, but is it possible enable the unit for campaign use?
    Last edited by crazyman fromrussia; March 28, 2011 at 06:25 PM.

Is it possible to mod the end date as it was in NTW by changing the date in the campaign folder? I'm enjoying this mod playing Uesugi but can you change yari samurai to be able to use spear wall like the ashigaru? I notice that is possible in darthmod and I don't know why it's not available in vanilla.

Why would anybody try and use all three of those mods at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    Is it possible to mod the end date as it was in NTW by changing the date in the campaign folder? I'm enjoying this mod playing Uesugi but can you change yari samurai to be able to use spear wall like the ashigaru? I notice that is possible in darthmod and I don't know why it's not available in vanilla.

He has already tried lengthening the campaign, but as of now doing it causes corrupt saves.

I know some guy made a little mod which apparently is compatible with many mods, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438857.

I haven't tried it yet and I don't know if he solved the corrupting saves issue either, I'll hold off until I know.

Also, what is the reasoning that TROM isn't compatible and is going to become less compatible with AUM? I like the direction TROM is going in far greater than Darthmod, but the fact that Darthmod is compatible with AUM and this isn't might make me switch over...
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

I think they both modify the same files, unless I am mistaken.