Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: TROM3 - ROAD TO KYOTO v0.75 *27 MAI 2011* (Ikko Ikki Update)

Default Re: TROM3 - ROAD TO KYOTO v0.451 *4 APRIL 2011*

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman fromrussia View Post
    I didn't even now about this unit until two days ago when I beta tested it. He kept it a secret for a long time
    Idea and execution happened at the same day...

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Katana is an often abused term...

Only later Ashigaru units from notable families carried any such sword, the Kodachi, cheaply manufactured was much more common.

Also TWO sword was a class privilege of Samurai, so Ashigaru did NOT carry two swords.

To get a mean average for the Sengoku Jidai period, Samurai should have an ornate Tachi with a Tanto or Wakizashi (the latter less frequent) and Ashigaru should have a cheaper looking Kodachi.

Senor @Yarkis - Are you now able to add Techs what is your limit? In this case I definitely have some sensible suggestions...
    And a Kodachi looks how? Like a wakizashi or a katana (that's the onyl two model options we have in the game).

I can add as many techs as there are spots in the tech tree. The bushido tree is pretty crowded already. But list your suggestions and I see what can be done and how.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Bug:
    Using cannons causes a crash.

Reproduce:
    Custom battle, buy a bunch of cannons, pit them against a bunch of nagae ashigaru. First volley from the cannons will crash the game.
    Could not reproduce that with the same units you mentioned. Which factions were involved?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman fromrussia View Post
    Their vanilla clan bonuses to Ashigaru units help them a lot. Their units can beat out any other early army as long as they are even in number. My guess is the Oda never got powerful before because they never survived long enough. Now, people are seeing their clan bonus in full effect because of tweaks to make them survive past turn 2.
    We probabaly have to tune Odas advantage down by raising the upkeep costs. Oda has better units and cheaper ones.

DevlinXIII's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: TROM3 - ROAD TO KYOTO v0.51 *10 APRIL 2011: New units, new technology*

This new update is awesome, it's a new Shogun II , loving it, if only it had come sooner on my campaign with the Hojo. On V0.451 Oda are 2nd to me only, historically correct since they were "the force to be feared" , good thing they are my allies *phew* ^_^ ...
    Btw Ashigaru Sharpshooters have kisho training ? can I be more impressed, I don't think so sir n_n.
    TROM all the way !!!

Default Re: TROM3 - ROAD TO KYOTO v0.51 *10 APRIL 2011: New units, new technology*

Uesugi vs Oda

Full army of cannons [uesugi] vs a full army of nagae ashigaru [oda]

terrain was rice field during winter with snow on hard and no time limit

crash occurs as cannonballs begin to impact oda units

DevlinXIII's Avatar Foederatus

I think the reduced weight of the horses is too low now, my general cavalry didn't do a thing against some remaining yumi samurai, the charge landed and not even 1 yumi seemed to have moved from it, I was o_O ...

Hi, I like the sound of the new units but I really don't want all these game changers. Is it possible you could release the new units and the tech that goes with them?

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: TROM3 - ROAD TO KYOTO v0.451 *4 APRIL 2011*

And a Kodachi looks how? Like a wakizashi or a katana (that's the onyl two model options we have in the game).
    More Waki than Kata

I can add as many techs as there are spots in the tech tree. The bushido tree is pretty crowded already. But list your suggestions and I see what can be done and how.
    Will post one today

We probabaly have to tune Odas advantage down by raising the upkeep costs. Oda has better units and cheaper ones
    This is precisely why Oda were so powerful, so their growth is historical... don't tune down too much.. the balance should be in strengthening in 1545 influence of Samruai, but making upgrades less effective so that Ashigaru come to dominate

Sad news is.. I am having 1592 crash on turn 201 after the Wako Pirates (right before it comes to me)
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Kodachi is far more like a wakizashi

Have you also tried the seppuku dagger or geisha dagger? I have no idea how daggerish either is.

Quote Originally Posted by DevlinXIII View Post
    I think the reduced weight of the horses is too low now, my general cavalry didn't do a thing against some remaining yumi samurai, the charge landed and not even 1 yumi seemed to have moved from it, I was o_O ...
    The reduction is not that big. My heavy cavalry still runs through most units.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Uesugi vs Oda

Full army of cannons [uesugi] vs a full army of nagae ashigaru [oda]

terrain was rice field during winter with snow on hard and no time limit

crash occurs as cannonballs begin to impact oda units
    I used 4 uesugi cannons vs 6 oda nagae-yari ashigaru with no problems. I guess that having that many cannons rocks your PC too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    More Waki than Kata
    This is precisely why Oda were so powerful, so their growth is historical... don't tune down too much.. the balance should be in strengthening in 1545 influence of Samruai, but making upgrades less effective so that Ashigaru come to dominate

Sad news is.. I am having 1592 crash on turn 201 after the Wako Pirates (right before it comes to me)
    My aim with the mod is to create a somewhat historical frame, not to determine the actual course of gameplay. If Oda is the dominating AI in every campaign, the game becomes too predictable. One strength of the new TW games since Empire is the higher variability in how different factions perform. The aim of the Oda fix was to give Oda a chance...

I think the crash bug is vanilla related (see here).

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post

Kodachi is far more like a wakizashi

Have you also tried the seppuku dagger or geisha dagger? I have no idea how daggerish either is.
    Thanks for the info!

your mod seem came right in the idea of matchlock
    great effort on bringing guns to their extent.

+rep

I have to ask, is there a script editor for Shogun II yet? Without it I cannot unlock the camera and manually altering the script doesn't do anything for me.
    (Also mod wise, could you boost the gun samurai unit to act like a Napoleonic Grenadier unit so that it can fight on par with other melee units and with it's only weakness being that its smaller unit size?)
    Last edited by Edax; April 11, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Hi everyone. A quick question Yarkis, does your mod affect the caps of Monks or other agents? I thought you got one monk for every city with a temple, and that was supposed to be doubled by the famous temple.
    In my latest Uesagi campaign however, I hit a cap wuth maybe around 6 or 7 monks??? And it didn't matter if I built the temple in more citys, nor that I built the "famous" temple. I could also build any number of the top
    tier temple, isn't that supposed to be a legendary building, as in only one allowed??? Just trying to figure out if it's the mod or Vanilla that's acting weird?

Anyways, thanks for a great mod and keep up the good work!

Tomasp3n

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    I have to ask, is there a script editor for Shogun II yet? Without it I cannot unlock the camera and manually altering the script doesn't do anything for me.
    (Also mod wise, could you boost the gun samurai unit to act like a Napoleonic Grenadier unit so that it can fight on par with other melee units and with it's only weakness being that its smaller unit size?)
    Setting default_camera_type 2 in perferences.script.txt works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
    Hi everyone. A quick question Yarkis, does your mod affect the caps of Monks or other agents? I thought you got one monk for every city with a temple, and that was supposed to be doubled by the famous temple.
    In my latest Uesagi campaign however, I hit a cap wuth maybe around 6 or 7 monks??? And it didn't matter if I built the temple in more citys, nor that I built the "famous" temple. I could also build any number of the top
    tier temple, isn't that supposed to be a legendary building, as in only one allowed??? Just trying to figure out if it's the mod or Vanilla that's acting weird?

Anyways, thanks for a great mod and keep up the good work!

Tomasp3n
    I didn't change anything for the player.

Coming back to the converting to christianity:

What you get when converting:

Advantages

- research rate bonus for civil techs 5% to 25% (higher than for monasteries with 15% max)
    - local growth bonus through churches (from +2 to +10)
    - cheaper imported matchlocks (50% recruitment costs)
    - access to european cannons
    - access to Nanban Quarter (high level port) with very high export capacity, 3 trade routes and +25 local growth bonus
    - access to the Nanban Trade Ship

Disadvantages

- no monk units
    - small honour hit for becoming and being christian
    - -25 diplomatic attitude with buddhist factions and -50 with Ikko Ikki
    - more unhappiness in captured provinces

I find that the advantages compensate the disadvantages.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; April 11, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Pike and Shot Ashigaru just dominate, amazing unit. Love sticking them on some walls.

I find setting default_camera_type 2 in BenchmarkDX9CPU_preferences.script has no effect, I had the same problem in Napoleon, I only got around this by using "default_camera_type 2" in the Napoleon Script Editor. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Everytime I open the file, it still reads default_camera_type 2 but my camera is still locked in-game.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Yeah you should be looking for preferences in appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/shogun not data .

one thing to note about increased children: If someone has more than 5-6 kids, the game will CTD when going to the clan management page. every time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Yeah you should be looking for preferences in appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/shogun not data .
    In appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly, I have Empire, EmpireDemo2, and Napoleon, but
    no Shogun folder.
    Last edited by Edax; April 11, 2011 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
    one thing to note about increased children: If someone has more than 5-6 kids, the game will CTD when going to the clan management page. every time.

I've found if you remember to just click on it every turn, it's fine. No idea why, but it's worked for me

Obviously if you're in the middle of an epic campaign, you're royally screwed.

Only about 40 turns in my Oda campaign and I've gotten 5-6 CTDs. Happens when moving agents/ships around the mainland West of Kyoto and when trying to initiate diplomacy with Amako. But now its CTDing on the AI's turn which doesn't seem avoidable.

Been using the latest UAI, not sure if that may be causing conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagda View Post
    Only about 40 turns in my Oda campaign and I've gotten 5-6 CTDs. Happens when moving agents/ships around the mainland West of Kyoto and when trying to initiate diplomacy with Amako. But now its CTDing on the AI's turn which doesn't seem avoidable.

Been using the latest UAI, not sure if that may be causing conflict.
    This could be causing it. Try removing the Universal AI and reloading a past save to see if it gets rid of the ctd.
    Check out TROM 3 for Shogun 2! Best overhaul mod out there:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1752