UPDATED to v0.62
- Fixed the crash problem with the latest patch.
- Fixed a bug with the naginata cavalry animations.
Major Naval Update
- Increased the reload time of matchlocks from 25 to 30 sec.
- FIX: Fixed a problem with the Pike & Shot Ashigaru showing both weapons at the same time.
Changes to Campaign Gameplay
- Reworked speed and turning rate of all ships to make battles more realistic.
- Reworked all naval projectiles and effects: more realistic ranges, cannons no longer overpowered, damage of matchlocks and fire arrows tuned down.
- Adjusted crew sizes.
- Adjusted all naval abilities.
- All ships with bows can now use fire arrows.
- Bow kobayas are more accurate (this compensates for the change that fire arrows are no longer their unique ability).
- Additional graphical effects for firebombs and fire rockets (they spread fire now...).
Changes to Unit Recruitment
- Increased the town growth rate of the first two roads by 1.
- Adjusted economical bonuses of techs to balance the economy with the new added techs.
- Increased the charge speed bonus of the form tech to 5% (instead of 2%) and added a +1 charge bonus.
- Sons come out of age between 14 and 19 years (was 14 to 22 years before).
- Increased the chance that ronin samurai appear in the game.
- The player starts with one point less repression. (new game only)
- NEW MILITARY TECHNOLOGY TREE: Three new technologies for all Ashigaru units that reflect the historical development of the ashigaru from peasents to a lower samurai caste.
- NEW CIVIL TECHNOLOGY: "Encouraging" Investments - Reduces building costs for all buildings by 5%.
- NEW CIVIL TECHNOLOGY: Rakuichi Rakuza - Increases the wealth (gdp) of economic buildings and mines by 20%.
- All land units need one more turn for recruitment.
- Increased recruitment costs and upkeep of all Oda ashigaru units.
- All Matchlock units (with the exception of imported ones) and the Pike & Shot Ashigaru now need iron as resource.
- Nagae-Yari Ashigaru need wood to be build.
- Caravels are capped to two units.
- Lowered unit cap for tachi cavalry to 4 (but there is additional naginata cavalry now)
- NEW UNIT: Naginata Cavalry
- NEW GARRISON UNIT: Matchlock Ashigaru (Citadel)
- NEW GARRISON UNIT: Imported Matchlock Ashigaru (Nanban Port and Trade Quarter)
- NEW GARRISON UNIT: Katana Wako (Pirate Fortress)
- NEW GARRISON UNIT: Kisho Ninjas (Clan Fortress)
- NEW SHIP: Yumi Siege Tower Bune.
- NEW SHIP: Fire Rocket Kobaya.
- FIX FOR CA BUG: Takeda can now recruit the Great Guard after becoming shogun.
- Wako soldiers no longer run around half naked.
New Tech Tree!
Fire Rocket Ship in Action
New Firebomb Effects (for both land and naval combat)!
FIXED VERSION v.053 RELEASED
FIXED VERSION v.052 RELEASED
- Integrated the new units better into the CAI files.
- Several minor bugfixes.
- Fixed a problem with Ninjas having too high or too low skills. (may need a campaign restart).
- Matchlock Ashigaru have correct defense skills.
- Inceased the base reload time of all matchlocks by 5 sec.
FIXED VERSION v.051 RELEASED
- Fixed an issue with new units beeing available too early for some factions.
- Fixed Nagae-Yari Ashigaru animation problems by giving them back the katana animations (may get changed in later versions again).
- All units got +4 defense to slow the battles down.
- Cavalry got +2 extra defense.
- Reduced bonus vs cavalry of all units by 5 (with the exception of light cavalry with -2). This makes cavalry more viable on the battlefield.
- Reduced bonus vs cavalry of the yari cavalry by -5 but added +5 to melee to make the unit more usefull.
- Yari Ashigaru got +2 to their charge stats.
- Range of ashigaru bows reduced to 125.
- All bow units have 20% more arrows.
- All matchlock units now have range of 150, 25 ammo and can fire with all ranks as long as there is a line of sight to a target. Number of ranks was reduced from 4 to 3.
- Some adjustments to the reload rates gained through experience and abilities
- Recent casualities have a higher impact on moral.
- Monk units have a slightly higher movement speed.
- Reduced weight of horses (a dense formation can now better stop a cavalry charge).
Yari Ashigaru Revamp (in addition to the battle mod)
- Reduced speed of ships in battles by roughly 20%.
- Naval base moral increased by one.
- Reduced range of bows in naval combat from 180 to 160 (this should give other ships a better chance to board the bow ships).
Matchlock Ashigaru Changes (in addition to the battle mod)
- Standard Yari Ashigaru now use the short spear.
- NEW UNIT: Nagae-Yari Ashigaru (Pike Ashigaru) - A more defensive unit then the standard Yari Ashigaru with less melee and charge values but higher armor and defense stats and more men (240). They are also better trained, have a higher moral and can form a spear wall. Available with the Way of the Spear technology.
- NEW UNIT: Ashigaru Pike & Shot Formation - The ultimate late Nagae-Yari Ashigaru unit with matchlocks fireing from the front rank. Can form a hollow square. Only available with the Sojutsu Mastery technology (NOTE: There is a small animation glitch: after a unit has reloaded it shortly switches to the pike before firing again. You have to live with that for now ).
- NEW TECHNOLOGY: Japanese Matchlocks (requirement for Teppo Ashigaru)
- Imported matchlock ashigaru are capped to 8 units.
- Japanese matchlock ashigaru are available earlier with the japanese matchlocks tech.
- Japanese matchlock ashigaru now cost 400 instead of 300
- Attack by fire tech and teppo mastery each increases matchlock accuracy by 10%.
- Fire by rank has slightly higher rate of fire and requires teppo mastery.
- NEW UNIT: Ashigaru Sharpshooters - This 80 men unit with high accuracy and range is usefull in field battles and sieges. The unit has a cap of two and needs a level 3 castle and the Attack-by-Fire tech to be build.
NOTE: All new units are fully integrated into the game (bonuses, events and CAI)
- Reduced the ammo increase by Heaven & Earth tech from 50% to 20% and added an ammo increase of 20% to the Way of the Bow tech instead (the bow tech line lacked an ammo increase effect).
- Increased the costs for all agent actions for the player by 10% and for monks by another 10%. (new campaign only)
- Becoming Shogun provides a higher tax bonus (+4% instead of +2%) and a food bonus (+2).
- Marriages have a higher permanent diplomatic effect (40 instead of 20).
Pike & Shot Ashigaru in action!
- Changes to the effect of generals on moral: reduced inspire effect (4 instead of 6); reduced the penalty for dead or fleeing generals (-3 instead of -4).
- Moral bonus of hills reduced from 4 to 3.
- Being attacked by artillery causes a higher moral hit (-3 instead of -1).
- Lowered recent casualities shock threshold to 15% (was 20%).
- Made yari ashigaru heavier, so there are not pushed back so easily.
- Increased accuracy of all matchlock units by 10.
- Reduced accuracy of artillery (50% hit range reduced from 300 to 200.
- Added one more garrison unit to forts and strongholds.
- Implemented unit caps for all samurai and elite units as well as siege engines.
- Shimazu will now survive longer.
- Diverted more money of the CAI into construction of buildings.
- Increased the naval upkeep for the player by 5% and reduced it for the AI by 5%. (new campaign only)
- Increased the upkeep of the trade ship and the red seal ship (75 instead of 50).
- Increased administration costs (the bigger your empire the more you suffer from tax losses).
- Increased the chance for random events happening. (may need a new campaign)
- Increased chance for children.
- Cannons are more expensive.
- Increased game length: short campaign ends 1590, long campaign 1620 and domination campaign 1640
- Added additional garrison troops to the archery dojo, yari drill yard and sword school building lines
- Fixed a vanilla problem with the Rice Exchange, the Merchant Guild and the Kanbukama: Since they reduce the food surplus that otherwise provides a growth bonus in EVERY province you own, they create a negative income curve on the long run if you own many provinces. The mod adds a global growth bonus to compensate for the loss of the global food related growth. The local growth bonus was reduced.
- Adjusted many building effects regarding units (Thanks to 'crazyman fromrussia' for his suggestions!)
- Reduced the global agent success penalty for the player from -10 to -5
- Made survival skill of the monk more usefull
- The AI will use their monks more offensively.
- The AI has a higher agent cap for ninjas and metsukes (+1 each) to spice up agent gameplay (in my games the player is too dominant) (new campaign only)
- Several improvements to the CAI of the "monk" factions (Uesugi; Ikko Ikki): better build orders and better tech selection ( they are now able to recruit monk units)
- Additional scripted help for AI Shimazu and AI Uesugi to increase their survival chance
- Added a description to thenew Daimyo trait and chnaged some units names.
- Attack by Fire is needed to enable fire by rank for matchlock units
- The Uesugi can now recruit matchlock warrior monks and naginata warrior monk cavalry.
- Generals get 3 skill points when leveling.
- Reduced the effects of experience on stats of ships.
- Finetuned some other stuff like fatigue and skill bonuses