Thread: Music volume question

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Default Music volume question

I've used the PFM to replace some of the vanilla music with my own. But now all my music is too soft.

So my question is, how do I edit the volume of the music that is played in game? Besides the in-game options of course.

Kaunitz's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Music volume question

Well the inelegant solution would be to increase the volume of the sound files that you use. You can do that with Power Sound Editor (free! http://power-sound-editor.softonic.de/ ). I'm using it all the time and love it. Go to "effect" and then click on "amplify" and set the volume to, e.g., 200 (%).

This is the only solution that I would be capable to do. I'm sure someone else knows a better way. There must be some hidden/unmoddable file where volume and sounds are set. (muskets are sooo loud close up!)
    KAUNITZ PROJECT
    - a modding project for a better representation of XVIIIth century warfare -

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Music volume question

Thanks for the reply (+rep) but the program you suggested didn't let me save the files as mp3's After rummaging through Google for a bit I came upon Audacity, which works perfectly.

Problem solved