Default Re: Installation

i copied and pasted but it said it couldnt find it
    dan da man wit da plan
    all hail the mighty money cheat

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

You don't copy and paste.

Go to your C drive and follow the directory I gave you.

For example, if your computer username's Bob, you go to your C drive, then go to Users, then go to Bob, etc.

o and now none of my medieval 2 total war games are working they get an unspecified error whenever i go to run them
    o and i deleted virtual store
    dan da man wit da plan

Citizen

That's odd. Perhaps you may have to reinstall the game and the mod.

If you do, I suggest you save all of your save games so you can continue from where you left off.

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I've never seen anybody's game stop working after deleting their VirtualStore

yeah my disk is scratched and wont reinstall now
    dan da man wit da plan

Citizen

I'm extremely sorry to here that. I didn't know this would mess up your game to the point of not working. Like I said, I have never encountered anybody's game being ruined by deleting their VirtualStore or by disabling their UAC. Really, neither of those things mess with your game's core structure, it just aids your game in loading the "correct" files.

its fine i have a few other PC games to play but none were as good as medieval and its mods. And i still have all the files and I'll try to un jumble all the files in my medieval folder and might even get it working again if not destroy it completely
    dan da man wit da plan

Citizen

I hope you can get everything working. I really do.

If not, I hope you can afford another copy. Maybe even buy it on steam. It may be a bit of a headache when it comes to mods, but it's cheaper, updates automatically, and you don't have to worry about scratching your disc ever again.

yeah ive had this disk since about it came out and the only game I use mods for the mount and blade and ive never had any problems with it as long as i dont lose the folder so as long as steam doesent feel like being a dick i should be fine.
    dan da man wit da plan

I'm so sorry this has happened as well, I'm also sorry that I couldn't help at all. I couldn't even view this sub forum for the last 24 hours. It sounds like you needed to re-install the mod after turning of UAC, the log would have pointed the way...
    If you get it working, do come back and try it again.

I did reinstall it after doing the UAC and deleting virtual store but i dont even think that the mod was the problem I think that when I went to delete it after turning off the UAC i must have accidentaly deleted somthing important to vanila and just screwed my self over
    dan da man wit da plan

Well if it wasn't too large it may well be in the recycle bin and you can restore it...

just bought a new copy of medieval 2 gold off steam it was on sale for 6.69 i think and wow just realised how much of a pain in the ass its gonna be to instal mods for it. i had no trouble using mods for my other steam games
    dan da man wit da plan

Hi! I have created an own folder for moded games called "Games".

My question is: when I'm installing the mod, should I manually create an Akthross folder within the "mods" folder?

So that the direction for part 1 installation looks like this:

C:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Akthross

What I've manually created here is the "Akthross" folder(which is empty at the moment).

I went ahead and did like I've explained above, when trying to start up the game I got this(see attachment).
    Last edited by a-woowie.doowie; July 09, 2011 at 11:37 AM.

If you change the path, you need to make sure that part 2 is also installed into the correct place, append Akthross with data. (mods\Akthross\data). You might also have to recreate the shortcut as the path contained within it will be incorrect.

What exactly do you mean by "recreate"? This is an interesting mod which I'd love to play, thus I would appreciate it if you could give me as detailed information as possible. As for my custom path, I always prefer to have a full clean M2TW folder, whenever I install mods, I copy this clean one over to the path you'll find in my previous comment - thus allowing me to have multiple mods installed(I create a new M2TW folder for each mod so that they won't cross eachother by any chance).

They won't cross each other, that's why there is a mods folder. To do what your doing is fine as long as you have the disk space to create the M2 folder every time at 16 gig. (unpacked)

All you really have to do is use the browse option when running the installer, and change the path to suit your directory, just like you would with any other product that you wanted to change the install path for.

Ok, so your Akthross folder should look like the pic in post 2. Right click the .bat file and select create shortcut, then drag this onto your desktop.
    The .bat file is the mods launcher, you can launch it from the Akthross folder to test that you have installed properly first.

Failure to install both parts correctly, will result in a CTD and an error log will be created in the logs folder.

I can't really understand what I'm doing wrong. This is my install path for part 1:

C:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Akthross

I had to create the Akthross folder manually since the installer didn't do it when I tried the first time.

This is for part 2:

C:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Akthross\data

See attachments for their looks, first picture is of the Akthross folder while the second is of the Akthross/data folder.

By the way: I just tried to reinstall the mod just before I posted these comments to see if I really did do something wrong - still the same problem.

I take it you have had other mods working?

Did you try launching with the .bat file in the Akthross folder?

The only other thing you can do now is check the log...

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    I take it you have had other mods working?

Did you try launching with the .bat file in the Akthross folder?

The only other thing you can do now is check the log...
    1: Yes, I've got a few other mods working perfectly.

2: I've tried any possible starter the install provided me with - the desktop .bat file, the folder .bat, I even tried creating an own shortcut to see if it(for some mysterious reason) would work.

3: Where can I find this log? And what should I do with it when I have it? Or perhaps it will be obvious?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast