Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installation

Default Re: Installation

Hmm, the main M2 folder contains a folder called logs, inside there should be 4 system logs. The one we want is akthross.system.log.txt, open this with notepad and search (ctrl+f) for [error]

Wow, perhaps that's why I'm having problems - it's empty. o.O

Oh and by the way, perhaps I've never mentioned this(although I think you already know this) but the error occurs before I'm able to play anything. Whenever I try to start the mod, the M2TW "screen" comes up(the one which indicates that the game is actually starting up or something(it has the Medieval 2 Total War name and a few soldiers and I think a little village in the background)), directly afterwards the game crashes, so I never got as far as to menus and etc.
    Last edited by a-woowie.doowie; July 11, 2011 at 03:35 PM.

The screen that comes up at first is called the splash screen. If you are getting what you describe, the launcher that you're using is not launching my mod as the Akthross splash screen is different...

I can only ask you what version of window you are using, and if you have UAC turned off? As it is, this is looking like you might have to try your luck in the mod workshop...

I downloaded the mod tonight, and I am getting the exact same problem as the poster above. I do get the Medieval II splash screen instead of the Akthross one. I'm using a new pc with windows 7, and I have turned off UAC. The problem I think I ran into is that the installer creates a path to program files instead of program files (x86) where my SEGA file is located, and the directories are slightly different. I'll continue playing around with it tonight to see if I can fix it.

Ok, I fixed the issue. I started the installer and let it create a folder to program files (not x86) and do the installer for both downloads that way. Then I just cut the Akthross folder out the regular program files and into the program files (x86) -->SEGA-->M2TW-->mods, and then remade the shortcut. So far it has started, and I can't wait to play. Thanks for the mod, and I'll let you know if I run into any other problems.
    Last edited by Eothese; February 08, 2012 at 03:22 PM.

Basic intellegence has saved the day, although all you had to do in the first instance was alter the shortcut. Still, glad you got it sorted.

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Akthross 1.1 version released

Eothese i have a problem so i need help. I downaload the two 1.1 folder after, i create a folder in the mod folder for install all the stuf. after the installation i start the game i see the medieval loafing screen of medieval but he crash to my desk and he see a warging screen with nothing write in. So i need help an i realy want to play this mod.

Make sure your install looks like this, inside the spoiler (dont' worry about the older file version, it is the same for all versions). Then read through from there to see if you can find were you went wrong.

So I downloaded the files and they are in the folders as the pictures show. The only difference is i have a steam version of the game not a CD. I also do not have the following folders within the new folder i have created (custom, packs,replays, and saves) My questions is what to do now.? This looks to be an interesting game and i have followed all instructions. I turned off the UAC as well. Do i need to install this mod into program files(x86) instead?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldKnight View Post
    So I downloaded the files and they are in the folders as the pictures show. The only difference is i have a steam version of the game not a CD. I also do not have the following folders within the new folder i have created (custom, packs,replays, and saves) My questions is what to do now.? This looks to be an interesting game and i have followed all instructions. I turned off the UAC as well. Do i need to install this mod into program files(x86) instead?

Also all i get when i start the game is a black MS DOS box and the its gone. Nothing else happens.
    Last edited by Eothese; April 14, 2012 at 04:01 PM.

Then your install is wrong, you should have installed it into whichever folder already contained your M2 install. Just drag the Aktross folder from mods in program files to mods in program files(x86) if that is where your default M2 install is located.

Once done try the .bat launcher within the Akthross folder to start the mod.
    Last edited by Eothese; April 14, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

I have installed the game into the steam app on my PC i am using windows 7 and i have turned off the UAC. I get the medieval Total war kingdoms splash screen as well not the Akthross. Is there anything else i need to do? The mod will start the game just not your mod.

Yeah, if the mod's launcher is running the vanilla game and not the mod, then it's still an install problem. The log may hold some clue, but you're best off checking out the guides to installing mods alongside steam which causes a problem with the launcher. This might also be worth a look for you.

Failing that post some screens of your install and/or the last section of the log.

OK well i did all that and i now have the mod added to the splash screen of selections to play but it is still the kingdoms splash screen. All i get is a crash msg. Other than that the only thing that i did not understand was the .bat file. I have looked in the files and do not understand what i am looking for with this. I have been able to mod ROME TOTAL WAR but this is my first with MT2 Kingdoms. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Akthross
    Here is where I installed the mod for part 1 and part 2 is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Akthross\data
    Last edited by Eothese; April 15, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

The .bat file is shown in the first pic, here. It's full name is medieval2.akthross.bat and it is used to launch the mod. It can be edited by right clicking and opening it with notepad, but you would only have to do so if you changed the folder name from Akthross.

Look for the logs folder within the Medieval II Total War folder, it should contain the most recent log record, the one we are most interested in should be called akthross.system.log.txt

#Edit
    The desktop shortcut will not work as your install path is not the same.
    Last edited by Eothese; April 15, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

wow ok i do not even have a .bat file for this download it never appeared also my logs are empty. Do you Suggest trying to reinstall the game?

Most mods i have used replace the game itself. Would that work here?
    Last edited by Eothese; April 15, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

No the game should be fine, it will be because of virtual store and/or UAC. Check the links I gave to you in post 51 and make sure you have follwed all the advise before you install the mod. If you still fail there is little more I can offer in the way of help, not being a steam user or having window 7. Therefore I'd suggest taking your problem to the tech help section.

#Edit, I'd never recommend installing over the vanilla game, if you've done that in the past then I would recommend that you uninstall everything and start again, otherwise you will have problems as we have already seen...
    Last edited by Eothese; April 15, 2012 at 01:33 PM.

As far as turing off the VirtualStore I have looked all over and i can not locate the file to turn it off anywhere but thanks for the help ill just unistall the mod. I tried for two days but no dice thanks any though.

The link I gave you shows you how to do it, there is no point trying steps 2,3 and 4 if you don't complete step 1. Still the choice is yours.

When I'm downloading the mod do I physically have to place an "Akthross" folder in the mod folder before downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobith5 View Post
    When I'm downloading the mod do I physically have to place an "Akthross" folder in the mod folder before downloading?
    No, the mod has an installer which will create a folder called "Akthross" when you run it to install. You don't have to do anything before downloading it.

TracePoland's Avatar Foederatus

Thank You, guys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123