Thread: Sengoku Jidai starts in 1530 (like Shogun 1 and official history )

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Default Sengoku Jidai starts in 1530 (like Shogun 1 and official history )

Title is pretty much explanatory , i'd love a mod where the campaign starts in 1530 , so we have 15 extra years to play and launch our clan , it' quite important too for those who love Japanese history as Sengoku Jidai period officially starts in 1530 and some important battles and clan expansions happened between 1530-1545 , also the game feels to short and it would make the game more exciting for players who like to turtle or role-play some factions that never took over Japan with their armies but still survived the period .

Thanks a lot if one day you can edit the start date , i think it's a better idea than changing the time per turn , as it wouldn't mess with the gameplay and building constructions .

Cheers
    Last edited by DeMolay; March 24, 2011 at 01:45 PM.

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Sengoku Jidai starts in 1530 (like Shogun 1 and official history )

Well I would say the Sengoku timeline was in fact much more earlier... since the end of the Onin War in 1477. Some will say it started with the start of the Onin War because the Ashikaga Shogunate wasn't be able to stop the war...

Either way, there's no reason at all why the game couldn't start earlier - unlike other TW games, you don't get historical events, or new techs popping up throughout the game. It will make the campaign longer and that's a good thing for those of us who prefer slower paced campaigns (like me).

Now all that has to happen is for someone to find out how to do it.

Edit: Since Sengoku started much earlier historically, it's a much better solution that adding more turns. One turn per season is more than enough - this will as you said make the game longer, without bollocksing up building times etc.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

In order to do this though...we would need to make the AI alot more passive in the early stages.

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

Also..... it would be necessary to mod all the characters of the clans... a lot of work. I think CA decided to start the campaign late in this period because of the many popular Daimyos - Tokugawa Ieyasu, Takeda Shingen, Oda Nobunaga and so on... If the campaign starts earlier the characters wouldn't be there...