Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings vs. Medieval Europe

Default Re: Lord of the Rings vs. Medieval Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    alright so lets get this debate done with, first if we are considering Empire(warhammer) vs Middel-Earth then the answer is pretty simple, heavy artillery and gunners own all. now moving on to middle-earth vs medieval, if its early Europe then yea it could be a tie (if we are just talking about the western factions) if we include the easterlings then lets include the middle easterners too...yea middle-earth is toast if we include the vast Muslim armies considering they were more advanced and outnumbered the Europeans at the time.
    now if its all of middle-earth was late medieval period then by that time the real world would have discovered gun powder and the same scenario as Warhammer vs Middle-Earth would have happened. so conclusion? real world beats middle-earth if we put them on equal ground.

lets imagine nazguls flying right towards the walls....and a 100 gunners shoot at the same time into the nazgul, that lizard would be turned to oat meal by the time it reached the ground.
    same with just about anything else middle earth has to offer.

edit: if we are also going to include WoW....LOL PLAGUE OWNS ALL LOL (you have to play WoW to get that joke )
    What about the belroug? What about milthril armor sets (the perfect body armor), dragons (in some cases almost unbeatable armor), Trolls, Mumakill (the hide is so thick it should block anything other than a direct hit by a cannon), etc
    PS: I've never played WoW before, only LOTRO, but are u referring to the glitch where that debuff escaped the dungeon and started infecting other players, thus killing all lower level characters?

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrinbor1 View Post
    One problem with that, male soldiers can't kill the Nazgul, or is it just the Witch King???, and despite what u see in movies, Medieval armies didn't field female knights. Not to mention that they terror they cause would rout any Medieval army anyways
    It's the Witch-king who 'will not be kill by men'.
    It's said by Glorfindel in the battle of Fornost.
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail Mengsk View Post
    Don't know.

Gondor SEEMS to have plate armour on almost every soldier, and a quite professional training capability, so probably is far above any "real" medieval army.

When it comes to pike&shot and renaissance cavalry, however, things probably changes.
    Medieval europe guys would win.

Its impossible that LotR units would win, if they kill every human, Tolkien wouldnt have born and thus they wouldnt exist. Paradox any?
    Last edited by Black_ice_Spain; April 01, 2011 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_ice_Spain View Post
    Medieval europe guys would win.

Its impossible that LotR units would win, if they kill every human, Tolkien wouldnt have born and thus they wouldnt exist. Paradox any?

Well, the med guys could never kill ME guys then.
    ME guys are the ancestors of those med dudes
    Aure entuluva!

btw, I don't think Trolls work too well...remember that most of them can not stand sun light
    and there was almost no dragon left by the time of Third Ages.

milthril, I would argue that is something simliar to our Kevlar, which is 10 times stronger than 1029 steel under same weight.
    I am sure milthril could still be defeated, or else elf or dwarf should won every battles
    (btw, I believe some modern materials are much better than milthrilin general: some reaches 20 times stonger than steel, fire retard, chemical resist while flexable as cloth)

but its not about modern material lol mithril if real would be the best type of armor out there...and it doesnt mean you would win every battle lol

no matter how good mithril armors were, they were so few of them that they weren't even mentioned in Silmarillion.
    Unless you can field an army issued with mithril armors, their impact in a battle, I would say small.
    Last edited by Lugiahua; April 01, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail Mengsk View Post
    Don't know.

Gondor SEEMS to have plate armour on almost every soldier, and a quite professional training capability, so probably is far above any "real" medieval army.

When it comes to pike&shot and renaissance cavalry, however, things probably changes.

Cough, cough, TATW militia.....

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

but its not about modern material lol mithril if real would be the best type of armor out there...and it doesnt mean you would win every battle lol
    yeah, you can wear sa much mithril as you want, but if a troll hits you with his war hammer you are going to be mithril-packed pancake. that's a fact

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    Cough, cough, TATW militia.....
    Almost.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    yeah, you can wear sa much mithril as you want, but if a troll hits you with his war hammer you are going to be mithril-packed pancake. that's a fact
    Things about plate and mace.
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsTemplar View Post
    It's the Witch-king who 'will not be kill by men'.
    It's said by Glorfindel in the battle of Fornost.
    Yep but it was a prophecy, not some magical protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoniser View Post
    Yep but it was a prophecy, not some magical protection.
    Perhaps Glorfindel knows something.....
    It's all about 'powers'.
    You want to kill the dude, you got to have enough power to overcome him.
    If you just or don't even have, the sign that most easy to be seen is the weapon breaks.
    Like Frodo and Merry+Eoywn.
    Things like this is very 'gaming style'.
    Or perhaps the games followed this.
    If you can't do it, a weapon with spells may do the job.
    Last edited by KnightsTemplar; April 02, 2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    Frodo got hit with a spear by a troll and survived, so I doubt this.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    blunt truma acts very different than Penetrating truma...andin the book it was an orc chief instead a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
    blunt truma acts very different than Penetrating truma...andin the book it was an orc chief instead a troll.
    It's said 'it could penetrate a boar'.
    With a armor, the blunt truma wouldn't be much less than a hammer or mace.
    So it seems a mithril chainmail could reduce the blunt truma as well.
    Aure entuluva!

he barely survived... i mean let's say Troll hit's warrior fully armored in mithril... armor will hold, but damage done to person itself woud be tremendous... and that would be if it hits you from thze side. what would happen if a blow comes from above? directly atop of the ones head? i say, no matter how much mithril you have you are going to be a pancake...

At the batlle of moria Azog killed that dwarf (don't know his name) by the blow to the neck. he had steel colar that survived the blow intact but his neck cracke from force of the blow...

now, i don't go against awesome power of the mithril as armor, i just state that in the end it will depend on how much punisment your body can take? and wearing mithril or not there is a limit of how many (if even more then one) blows from troll mace you can survive...

Baywatch's Avatar Ducenarius

Why just Europe? To be fair shouldn't we be including North Africa and the Middle East? And any LOTR faction is done as soon as the Timurids come.

Clearly has his priorities straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Baywatch View Post
    Why just Europe? To be fair shouldn't we be including North Africa and the Middle East? And any LOTR faction is done as soon as the Timurids come.
    not so sure, horses flee from mumakils so there is some chance for Harad, Rhun has great cavalry also, Mordor unlimited resources and trolls... it would be interesting fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Baywatch View Post
    Guess the Timurids will be sniped by elves.
    Aure entuluva!